Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
TCA latte
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
hi..i'm new so I hope I am doing this right...anyone try the new tca latte peel, it's supposed to be gentle enough to use everyday without the peel downtime with regular tca...?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
have you seen this peel sold any other place than ebay? I don't know that I would buy a tca peel off of ebay.
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
yes, it's sold on her website, perfect complexions something, I'll think of it...I read about that site on MUA and she seems to have a pretty good reputation....it's 30 for 1 ounce on ebay and $40 for 2 ounces on her website...
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
ok, its perfectcomplexion.net if anyone wants to check it out..it's new and it is a chelated peel, can't find anyone whose used it and I hate to be the first but may have to bite the bullet since I'm too scared to use the regular tca...
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how TCA compares to Glycolic acid, at least in terms of strength? I have some 70% Glycolic I have used on areas other than my face. I wonder if the 20% TCA is even stronger.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've bought many products from Julie, owner of Perfections Complexions- I heard about her products on another forum-MakeMeHeal.com. She is very reputable. That said, I've not tried her tca latte peel. I've used her Apeel Correct-retinoid type peel, which I like. I've used tca 12.5% from muac and want to go up in %, however personally I wouldn't use a 70% glycolic peel at home. I alternate the tca with a 35% glycolic peel from Diana Yvonne and it seems fairly strong. I've heard of other s using a 40% glycolic at home. The 70% glycolic imo would be alittle risky on the face at home. Some other peelers may have diff. opinions though.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use the 70% on my face, I use it on my arms and legs. I did try it on a q-tip on a brown spot on my face ant it didnt affect me much. I have light freckly skin, but i am pretty resistent to peels. I have micro-derm/ 30% peels at the derms office. I don't peel as much as I am supposed to so next time they will bump it up some more. Even still I wouldn't just put the 70% all over my face.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lorimcp, that interesting about trying the 70% on a qtip on a brown spot on your face. How long did you leave it on and did you have any rxn to it + or -. I have a brown spot on the bridge of my nose where my glasses pad rests, wondering if it'd work on that? I too have some freckling across the upper cheeks bones from my genetics and my prev. life as a sun worshiper. Also where'd you purchase 70% gycolic peel for home use. Thanks.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
this "latte" thing sounds interesting...i may try it. i have the tca perfect complexion and it worked pretty well.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I only tried once so far and left it on 3 minutes, didn't have any reaction, I need to try again with longer time. As I said, I'm not real sensitive to these things. I will try 5 mins tonight and post the results. I should probably try the toothbrush trick first.

I have tried it with doing a scrub first on freckles/ moles on my arm. I left it on 10 minutes as the directions suggested and boy did it peel. I wouldn't actually say peel as much as blister. I was so close to thinking I may have to go to the e-med center. How embarrassing to tell them what I was doing Embarassed

Anyway, I did the baking soda, cool water and in the long run it worked out great. Many large freckles are gone and the area is much clearer. It took 4 weeks at least to heal completly. I have done some more, but go a little easier on the scrubing and less time on the acid.

I bought it from Ebay, Glycomagic I think.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp, thanks. Let us know how it goes.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
So far... after 5 minutes it tingled like crazy and I wanted to scratch it like crazy, but I survived. Now, after 24 I don't have any peeling or redness or anything yet. I'll give it till the weekend and if still nothing, I'll try 7 minutes.

i was wrong the name was glymagic.com
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
so, did you give in and order the latte?

Liz
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to order this in the next few weeks, I will update later.....
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I have the TCA Latte peel which I haven't used yet. You always get samples of other products whenever you place an order w/Perfect Complexion. Julie's peel instruction sheet says to not use any cleanser for 7 days prior, or other acids, scrubs, etc so as to not remove the protein layer of the skin. I have oily skin so I have not been able to refrain myself from my 2x daily facial cleansing!! (Seriously folks, that's what her peel instructions say.)

I am on another forum where several people have used the Latte and loved it, they say it's very mild and fool-proof (you put it on, leave it on, no timing, no neutralizing, etc.). They also have good things to say about her TCA Complex which is stronger than the Latte.

When I get up the courage I will start using it!

PS Several of those people did in fact use it in conjuction w/regular face cleansing so it "may" not make a difference....
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey thanks for the reply...what forum could I read about it on? I'm ordering soon but I have this influx of products coming in so it will be hard to refrain from using anything...
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yes I would be very interested in that forum too ? does anyone know?
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
hkharrington, I'm not for sure what forum chocalat was referring to; but on MakeMeHeal.com on the peel section alot of people are using this product and talking about it. Good luck.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
Hi Yes I would be very interested in that forum too ? does anyone know?

baby & hk :

Here is a link to a thread in the forum about the topic
http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=exfoliants&action=display&thread=1158862332

Another one Wink

http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=exfoliants&action=display&thread=1160590230

There is actually a whole section in that board devoted to peels...
tl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried her HA Soy Lift and Tan? Yeas or Nays?
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm a member of the skininteract ive board and I love all of Julie's products! - You can see my post on there "diary of a TCA virgin" for the TCA peel. The latte is not like a peel really - it's so gentle - gives you a rosy glow and firms from within but I've never had much peeling at all from latte. Love her HA soy lift...I have a sample of the tan (Julie is sooo generous with her samples) but will wait for summer to try it (I'm a very fair redhead!)

Scarlett
x
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Julie is very nice. But she does recommend NOT using sunscreen after a peel - or at least she used to - which I found odd.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the information and the links, Julie is indeed very generous with the give aways and will give it all a try:)
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Edenfield,

Just doing a bit of New Year cleaning and found Julie's instructions I quote:

DO Protect your skin from the sun. Sunblock is great, but irritating after apeel. I suggest sun avoidance.

Hope this clears things up

Scarlett
x
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
any more updates on the latte? I am not sure if it's a product for me at this point in time but i love to hear other's experiences.

and the links of makemeheal.com on the latte and other perfect complexion products are here:

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewforum.php?f=20

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=39345

i just read through a couple of threads, seems like a lot of people are mad at Julie about the latte....but then i read a whole lot of raves too.

Kristen

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |