Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The History behind this website?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I'm thick or something Embarassed , but can someone tell me the history behind this website? I myself stumbled upon this website looking for an answer to some skincare question or other. I spent many months just browsing before I decided to become a member. I was a bit hesitant, as I wasn't sure if it would cost me anything, or if there was some sort of catch. I eventually joined (quite recently), and am very glad I did. I have been learning so many things about skincare and makeup and all sorts Cool (as well as having many laughs along the way Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ). Plus the added bonus of receiving discounts for adding my posts. I think this is a wonderful website and would love to know how it started Question who runs it Question is this a full time job for them or what Question . I think it would be a nice idea to add a page containing this information for other users like myself to understand how this operates (only if you think this would help). What do you think Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sharons
I know what you mean. I had similar feelings when I first came across the site. I thought it was probably a commercial forum just for discussing products sold on EDS so I was slightly reticent to post recommending other, cheaper products, but I did it anyway Smile

I'm not sure they could make the kind of page you're thinking of though because unlike some other skincare sites it's kind of ideology free, which I think makes it the vibrant place it is.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
...but maybe someone like Magda and/or Mabsy could tell a bit about the history of this "place" - when the forum started up and how many hours are spent keeping order and updateing...would be interesting Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's excatly what I mean. Just a brief outline of how it was put together - you know "We are three girls (or whatever ) who got together and decided to start ..............". It would be lovely to know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I always thought that the board was started as an extension of the EDS online shop. If you go way, way back in time most of the posts were just people talking about what goodies they got in their EDS package etc. (oh, this has not changed.. Laughing )

Of course, EDS is actually a bricks and mortar day spa and I think their online shop would have been one of the first of its kind.

I remember when Mabsy became a moderator - and at that time I think it was because it was getting too much work for the ladies at EDS to control. But EDS handles all the updates, revisions, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, this is an interesting question to me also. I think this forum is also a good advertising place for EDS. At least it triggered me of buying some pricy products I never would have thought of buying before. By the way, do you girls think the prices here are cheaper than other websites or not necessarily?
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I think the mystery is begining to unfold. It's not quite the Charlies Angles story I was hoping for (Once upon a time, there were three little girls ......... Laughing Laughing Laughing ) but it would still make interesting reading. I have certainly found the EDS shop to be much cheaper than here, what with discounts and free samples, I couldn't wish for better. Infact, I too have only bought things from EDS that I would never have dreamed of buying here, because the price is soo much cheaper. I'm also glad I did, as my skin is showing much improvement. Very Happy

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
That's a very good question and I don't actually know the whole story. The forum is of course owned and supported by EDS (which is a day spa in Vancouver which also has an online shop) but is meant to be just a place for people to come together and discuss skincare.

I stumbled onto this place a few years ago, and probably about a few months or half a year after the forum itself started (the company has been around for much longer I gather). At that time, the place was easy for EDS to handle because in any given day having 10 active topics was a busy day Smile Of course, the forum developed quite well from that into what it is today. I started to help with moderating it because of the sheer amount of time that I used to spend on here but I do not work for EDS, whereas other moderators are EDS staff. I would expect that the forum itself actually does take up many hours of EDS time per week. I know that when I am not as restricted with work as I am at the moment (when will this end!? Argh!), it can take me two hours per day to go through all the new posts and answer what I can, clean up, etc. That's just me - then there are the efforts of Magda and Caspers Mum, and of course people that we don't usually actually get to see on here -: the IT support staff that need to do the updates to hardware/software and need to fix things when certain functions stop working. So, I don't know how to estimate the number of hours per week but I think it would be quite significant overall.

I have to say that I am very grateful to EDS for providing this forum for us. I've been a member of quite a few forums and I haven't stuck around as long at any place other than here Smile
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
...and this place would so not be the same without you Mabsy (there should be an emoticon for huggs!!!!) Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
...and this place would so not be the same without you Mabsy (there should be an emoticon for huggs!!!!) Very Happy

Ditto! Mabsy is amazing! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! EDS is genius for having this forum as an extension of their online store. The forum discounts serve as an incentive for ppl to post and review products...this in turn boosts the number of lemmings on their products and hence their sales. I'm a loyal customer because of the great prices, great ladies on EDS who provide me with valuable skincare and makeup info, and of course, outstanding customer service.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
EDS spa is brilliant! Never have I been so addicted to a website for so long!And everyone here is sooooo much nicer than ppl from other forums Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |