Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Astara masks, cleanser, body lotion.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-botanical-cleansin-p_4919.htm

Astara Botanical Cleansing Gele
Size: 4oz.
Price: $28.00 CAD

Description:
This is an effective mild, soothing, balancing, concentrated lightly foaming facial cleansing gele'. It has natural antiseptic activity, is slightly hydrating and slightly toning. A blend of citrus and lavender essential oils smell like a refreshing elixir. The Gele' effectively removes make-up and will not sting eyes. Men and women both use it for a fabulous smooth shave. Healing herbs help prevent 'razor rash'. Great for all skin types, all ages. The Gele' will not overmoisturize oily skin.

Editor's Choice:

Recommended by 'Family Circle' and 'Marie Claire' magazines.

Useage:
Apply a small amount (about 1/4 teas.) of gele' to wet skin and cleanse normally. Rinse.

Ingredients:
Infusion of Calendula, Basil, Chamomile, Comfrey, Linden Flower, Rose; Aloe Vera Gel; Hawaiian Seaplant Extract; Vegetable Glycerin; Sodium P.C.A.; Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E); Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C); Essential Oils of Pink Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine, Lemon, Lavender, Citric Acid

Astara's gel cleanser was a surprise to me in that while smelling so good it does a good job of cleansing your skin without making it tight or oily. The 4oz. pump didn't look very big, but considering the fact you use so little I can see it lasting a long time. I'm also a sucker for cobalt blue bottles. On the whole Astara gel cleanser smells great and cleans the skin with no irritation. Very Happy

Quote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-golden-flame-hydra-p_4932.htm
Astara Golden Flame Hydration Mask
Size: 2.0oz.
Price: $42.00 CAD

Description:
The secret of this favorite, best selling hydration mask is the extremely high percentage of vegetable source sodium hyaluronate which retains moisture in the cells, and the high level of refining cucumber extract contained in a richly concentrated aloe vera gel. Skin seems to plump up, diminishing the appearance of fine lines. Skin feels fresh and dewy moist, absent of any oily feeling. Irritated tissues feel soothed and nurtured. This product is a favorite for sensitive or dry skin types and is particularly helpful at soothing Rosacea. Use it as a mask any time you wish. Use it as a wonderfully hydrating and nourishing eye treatment when applied generously over a layer of Microcluster® Antioxidant Infusion. The blend of aloe and cucumber gives the Golden Mask a fresh nature scent enjoyed by both women and men.
Beauty Editor's Choice:

Editor's favorite in 'Her World' (Southeast Asia). Featured in 'Bazaar' and 'Woman's Day' magazines

Useage:
Apply generously over cleansed skin and allow to remain for 20 minutes or longer. Lightly rinse. Apply moisturizer. Use as often as desired or keep the Golden Mask on face all day or night if you wish..

Eye Treatment: Apply around eyes at night over 'Microcluster® Antioxidant Infusion'. Follow with an application of the 'Antioxidant Rich Moisturizer' if deeper moisturizing is desired. If possible, allow to 'set-up' (about 20 minutes) before going to bed.

Extra Hydrating Facial Treatment: Cleanse and scrub face. Generously apply the 'Microcluster® Antioxidant Infusion' first, then generously apply 'the Golden Flame Hydration Mask. Lastly, apply the Antioxidant Rich Moisturizer. Allow to remain on skin for a minimum of 30 minutes. (The longer the mask remains, the better the result.) Use with steam for quicker, deeper penetration. Or after about 20-30 minutes, lie down and place a hot towel over face. After towel has cooled down, rinse. Reapply moisturizer. The same extra hydrating treatment can be used on the backs of hands or any other dry-skin area of the body.

Ingredients:
Aloe Vera Gel; Plant-derived Sodium Hyaluronate; Cucumber Extract; NaPCA; dl-Panthenol (provitamin B5); Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A); Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3); Tocopherol (vitamin E); Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C).

I sampled a total of three Astara masks starting with the Golden Flame. This mask is easy to apply and cools the skin. I can see where someone with rosacea would use this as part of a relaxing evening. This mask may not peel the skin or do any of the heavy lifting jobs a mask with more active ingredients would but with the aloe, cucumber, vitamins a and c, it won't do any harm. Laughing

Quote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-green-papaya-nutri-p_4933.htm
Astara Green Papaya Nutrient Mask
Size: 2.2oz.
Price: $39.00 CAD

Description:
This mask contains a meditative aroma blend of essential oils and is designed for us on all skin types. The mask gently exfoliates outer dead surface cells while extracting and cleansing pores.

Less active than the Violet Flame Enzyme Mask the Green Papaya Nutrient Mask is good for more sensitive skin types. It leaves a softer, refined skin texture and promotes a healthier looking complexion. Soothes and nourishes with aloe vera, algae extract, other plant extracts and essential oils. Aromatherapy gives a feeling of being uplifted and nourished emotionally.

Useage:
Apply thinly to cleansed face avoiding eye area. Allow to dry. Rinse well. For increased exfoliation and skin clarification, scrub face with 'Daily Refining Scrub' before applying the Green Mask. This method may create more of a tingling on the skin.

* Dry Skin : Use 1X per week
* Normal Skin: Use 1-2X per week
* Oily Skin: Use 2-3X per week.

Ingredients:
Extracts of Chamomile, Calendula, Basil, Comfrey, Linden; Rose Water; China Clay, Vegetable Glycerine, Aloe Barbendesis Gel, Chromium Oxide Green, Papain (Papaya Enzymes), Papaya Extract, Algae Extract, Glyceryl Cocoate (Coconut), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), dl-Panthenol (Vit B5), Ascorbic Acid (Vit C), Essential Oils of Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Mandarin Orange, Ruby Grapefruit, and Lemongrass.

I feel a bit more neutral about Astara's Green Papaya mask. It smells great but I didn't get a wow feeling from using this mask. I wouldn't reorder this mask but I can't say anything bad about it. Neutral

Quote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-blue-flame-purific-p_4931.htm

Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask
Size: 2.2oz.
Price: $39.00 CAD

Description:
This mask gets super results and is Astara's most popular face mask. Ultra purification herbal and plant substances with natural therapeutic anti-bacterial, anti-microbial benefits, deeply extract and purify pores while nourishing and strengthening the skin's natural resistance. Excellent for most skin problems, especially blemishes. Use as overnight dot therapy on breakouts. The Blue Flame Mask works great as a preventive for skin problems, and generally to simply purify the skin.

Recommended for skin problems, excessive oiliness, and for anyone living in a city, or polluted environment.

Beauty Editor's Choice:

Featured in 'Allure' and 'Woman's Day' magazines.

Useage:
Apply thinly to a cleansed face or other problem skin areas (chest, back, etc...). Avoid eye area. Allow to dry thoroughly. Rinse well.

Excessively oily skin and active problem skin: May be used daily or less frequently as desired until skin becomes more balanced.

Oily Skin: Use 2-4X per week.
Normal Skin: Use 1-2X per week.
Dry Skin: Use 1X per week or less frequently as desired.
Special Treatment: Generously dot blemishes with mask and leave on overnight.

Special Foot Treatment: Use mask on fungus foot problems.

Precaution: May irritate some sensitive skins, especially if used with steam. May cause eyes to tears initially.

Ingredients:
Infusion of Lemongrass, Red Clover, Rosemary, Comfrey and Echinacea; Kaolin; Bentonite; Vegetable Glycerine; Aloe Vera Gel; Pacific Kelp; Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A); Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3); Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E); dl-Panthenol (provitamin B5); Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C); Silica; Essential Oils of Tea Tree, Lavender, Cajeput, Lemongrass, and Dalmatian Sage; Ultramarine Blue Mineral Oxide. (natural coloring)

Now I can say WOW!!! Astara's Blue Flame purification mask is wonderful. I looked like a smurf but the mask felt great while on, and you can certainly see where you've put the stuff. My skin felt great when the mask came off. I loved the feel of the mask on and when the mask came off my skin just felt great. I rank this mask up with Dr. Hauschka's clay mask for results. It has a plus in that if you want to spot treat pimples you don't have to try to mix up a small batch of the stuff. This mask is definately on my reorder list...which seems to be getting longer all the time.

Quote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-antioxidant-body-l-p_4924.htm

Astara Antioxidant Body Lotion
Size: 6oz.
Price: $28.00 CAD

Description:
More than an ordinary body lotion, the Astara Antioxidant Body Lotion provides protection against environmental damage to skin, including UV ray protection. This nutrient-rich, ultra moisturizing body lotion includes antioxidants, skin vitamins, plant extracts and nourishing oils.

Useage:
Apply to overall skin as needed or desired. For best results: (1) Apply lotion to damp skin or (2) For longer-lasting hydration and softer skin texture, first apply 'AHA Nutrient Toning Essence' like a skin splash, then apply the Body Lotion

Ingredients:
Water Sweet Almond ( Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis ) Oil, Castor ( Ricinus Communis ) Oil, Jojoba Esters. Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata ) Flower Oil, Sandalwood ( Santallum Album) Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Grapeseed (Vitis Vinifera ) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate , Jojoba ( Simmondsia Chinensis ) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Wild Yam ( Dioscorea Villosa ) Extract, Panthenol ,Tocopherol

After the thread on castor oil and eyelashes I was amused to see castor oil second on the list of ingredients for the Astara Body lotion. I've tried this body lotion over a period of days and find I like it but I may not reorder as there are body lotions I like better that cost less.

After trying five Astara products I've found the Blue Flame Purification Mask is a definate keeper. I'm slightly less enthusiastic about the Cleansing Gel but find the more I use it the more attached I've become. Razz
leyel
5% products discount

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
The Blue Flame is a keeper. I like it best out of the three. I didn't notice much moisturizing from the Golden, plain honey works better for me. She has another mask, too -- I think a seaweed one -- now that's a good mask. It feels a bit warm on my skin and it does a good job of clarifying. It's pricey, but I'd repurchase. The cleansers are mediocre, IMO.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I was really attracted to Astara products, from the reviews and the descriptions, and was almost tempted to snatch up the Astara cleansing gel on offer for GWP at EDS.. but then reading the actual ingredients list makes me a little disappointed in the company's image.. why would it list only the most appealling ingredients and not the others, I understand if you list only the extracts or something.. but it makes people think that the product is entirely pure..
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I was really attracted to Astara products, from the reviews and the descriptions, and was almost tempted to snatch up the Astara cleansing gel on offer for GWP at EDS.. but then reading the actual ingredients list makes me a little disappointed in the company's image.. why would it list only the most appealling ingredients and not the others, I understand if you list only the extracts or something.. but it makes people think that the product is entirely pure..

I picked up the cleanser because I had a few of the masks. I saw the list of ingredients on the side of the bottle and was skeptical. Then I remembered that some of my worst reactions were to products that were the most 'pure'. I like the cleanser. I don't like the price.
JennyDee

Wed May 21, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Golden Flame Hydrating Mask a little over once a month. I love this product! I have psoriasis, acne and other dermatitis conditions. Clearly my skin can be somewhat sensitive. This mask evens out my tone, plumps and leaves my skin looking radiant. But I can't see the results immediately, it usually takes 24-36 hours for me to really see the difference. I look forward to trying the other Astara masks available.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I like the Blue Flame Purifying Gel Cleanser, but I don't find the Blue Flame Mask is too impressive. Another keeper for Astara is the Activated Antioxidant Infusion. It's light, versatile, and smells very nice.
havana8

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love the idea of this low commitment six mask sampler kit which also comes with the application brush! I wish more manufacturers did this.

Astara Mask Sampler Kit 6 masks/each .5oz
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-mask-sampler-kit-p_9858.htm

Astara Commitment Kit 3 masks/each 1.3oz
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/astara-commitment-kit-p_9725.htm
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed reviews. I am in the process of finding some good masks... Very Happy
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a sampler of Astara's products, as a matter of fact Laughing

My favourites are the Blue Flame (one of the best masks out there for congested and oily skins,) and the Daily Refining scrub is ***AWESOME***

Other nice products are the Antioxidant Infusion creme and the cleansing gel/toner.

I was a bit ambivalent about some of the other masks. I don't think they are on the same level of effectiveness as the Blue Flame.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interest in Astara's Blue Flame purification mask and will give a try after your review, thanks.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I used one sample of its cream that EDS gave me, and think it good, the smell is good, too.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Blue Flame mask a few times and really liked it. My skin felt really fresh, even, and "normal," which is a rarity for my oily acne skin.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
I have used the Blue Flame mask a few times and really liked it. My skin felt really fresh, even, and "normal," which is a rarity for my oily acne skin.

I still have the Blue Flame mask and cleanser in my rotation of products. I use them mainly at night to help with breakouts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I like mask!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I like the gold flame mask.It can be used for aftershine care.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |