Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

More than 10 minutes = Vanity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Do you really think its vain to spend more than ten minutes doing your makeup every morning?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Not at all..did someone say this to you? I think that's a ridiculous statement. I don't really take that much, but that's only because I don't really wear makeup. I've had my makeup done before and the professionals take well over 10 min..and it looks nice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used to spend a lot of time doing make up everyday, but not any more. I think my skin is actually getting better without all those make up on.
However, I still do make up on special occasions, and that does take longer than 10 minutes.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that there's any problem with taking the time to apply your makeup. However, when I look at my routine, I seem to take a maximum of 10 min whether I am getting ready for a 'big event' or going out day to day. But maybe thats just because I've got it down pretty well. But, however long it takes you, its ok as long as you're not ending up looking like a clown Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
If my skin is in good condition, I don't need over 10 minutes to apply makeup. Most of my time is spent on eye makeup because that is my main focus.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
High maintenance just means high quality, baby!! I spend AT LEAST 10 minutes if not more on my make up every day, and it's so worth it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'll spend more than 10 minutes on my makeup if I have the extra time. People at work must know when I get up early because out comes the liquid liner. Usually, though, I take less than 10 minutes and I'm out the door. I know my boyfriend gets annoyed when we say ,let's get ready to go out,, and it takes him about one minute to tidy up and I'm still in the bathroom blending and blotting. Men just don't understand. But I digress. I like putting makeup on, though. I find it enjoyable and relaxing, not an act of vanity.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps, but it honestly takes me at least an hour to get everything looking okay. Getting my skin looking good (MMU, concealer, powder, maybe highlighter or blush) takes the longest amount of time (10-15 minutes), followed by mascara (having Asian eyelashes makes it a 10-minute ordeal). I barely do my hair though, and don't spend much time getting dressed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mine routine takes about 15 minutes in the morning (mot counting rest time between vitamin C serum etc).
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
My make-up only takes 5 minutes to do. The rest of it - skincare and bodycare - seems to take years each morning. Embarassed
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I must admit, it takes me at least 20 minutes to apply my make-up. The "no make-up" look does take that much longer Wink I wear MMU base and blusher, and bobbi brown eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lippie. All in all, with getting ready to get out of the house for the school run, about an hour -and then I get the kids ready Laughing .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Since I am a busy busy university student Laughing My mornings can consist of me rolling out of bed, stumble into the bathroom, put something that resembles an outfit on and bolt out the door followed by frantic running towards the bus Embarassed However, when I have nice morning time, I can take 10 minutes. When going out at night, more like 30 minutes on my face lol what a joy! I think everyone should be comfortable in going out without that much makeup but if you have the time, why not!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I usually just apply powder on my face and then im ready to head out the door,takes me less than 10 minutes to get ready, which is cool because i hate waking ealy in the morning .
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with MajorB (well, almost). My makeup only takes 10-15 minutes...it's the skin care that takes much longer. However, I have it down to an art now so do other things during my wait times. I just can't give up my BHA/Mandelic!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
More tedious than vain.........I spend more than 10 minutes and still looks like I haven't accomplished much.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think 10 minutes is too much ... on a normal day I'm probably about 10 - 15 minutes on makeup. I don't think it's vain, and plus, it's fun! I love playing around with different colours and stuff each day. My favourite purchase lately was a train case from Sephora, so each morning I have all of my stash in front of me and I can pick and choose depending on what I feel like. Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
yikes to an hour, I am about a ten minute girl, I think 45 minutes from shower to door is about my time. Don't find an hour vain, just yikes, I'd have to get up sooooo early...now for a big deal thing, I might spend 20 mins on makeup and a few more on hair, so the whole ordeal might take an hour from shower to door!! And I am in my 40's, not sure what in the world I could be applying for an hour. But u might have the last laugh on us all, and look stunning all day, and we just think were doing ok!!! Cool .
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I take about 5 minutes to do my makeup everyday accept if I'm going out at night or to an event. I am pretty simple with my makeup though. If some does spend more than 10 minutes, I don't see anything wrong with that. It takes time to look good!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Not really.

Daytime make up takes me about 10 minutes, and the eyes takes the longest time.

Party make up, I would say at least 30 minutes.

All depends on the state of my skin, and what I'm going to do.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely not! Sometimes putting on my makeup is my favourite part of the day. Having said that, there are times when you just want to whip through it quickly, but if my schedule allows, I like to relax and enjoy it.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Im new and I have to say 10 minutes is so not vanity. Well, I really don't consider taking care of yourself .. vanity...

Vanity is when you think you are better than everyone else, its kind of like putting yourself on a false pedestal, no?

Skin and body care, make up and fashion are all wonderful things we do to make ourselves feel and look better. I don't think many of us do this so that we can tell the next lady that they suck, lol. Its for ourselves and all others who are looking at us Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |