Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Better cleanser than Neutrogena?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
For a few months now I have been using Neutrogena foaming facial cleanser. In the summer months it was okay, although I notice I can only use it on my forehead/nose, and then I use Kiss My Face olive oil bar soap to wash my chin/cheeks.

The problem is that Neutrogena is totally clogging my pores, although helping my skin cause I'm not getting whiteheads. Also, my face is getting drier now that the weather is getting colder.

I am terrified to try anything different as my skin is so sensitive and breaks out with anything, and I just tried Aveeno with SA in it last week and broke out.

My skin seems to be okay only with certain things, or just water.

Is there another facial cleaner that someone can recommend, that maybe even is from Neutrogena (as that seems to be ok with my skin) but not as pore-clogging and drying?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Juice Beauty Apple Cleanser!
This will unblock your pores and brighten your skin tone. I love this cleanser.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using zenbiotics face and body cleanser and I love it. I also found good results from Neutrogena anti wrinkle anti blemish. It did not dry my skin.
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Shiseido foaming cleanser for years and it's very gentle and won't clog pores.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I second both the Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleanser and the Zenbiotic cleanser. The Green Apple Cleanser is great for unclogging pores, fading red marks, etc and it has a great juicy smell. On the other hand, the Zenbiotic cleanser is very affordable, non-irritating, and gentle, and it's also very good at fighting acne and clogged pores. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Emu-Neem Soap from Earth To Body. It removes makeup and leaves your skin feeling soft. It's all natural too. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
You might want to look into DHC products (www.dhccare.com). All of there products are mild and fragrance free (good for sensitive types). I like the cleansing oil, and I've also tried the mild soap (bar soap) and it's surprisingly gentle for a bar.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I've used Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser (not sure if that is the exact name)and it wasn't drying. The Juice Beauty sounds like it would smell so good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Another though - What about LaRoche Posay Toleraine? I have never had a reaction from their products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Another though - What about LaRoche Posay Toleraine? I have never had a reaction from their products.

Which one are you referring to? I used the Toleraine Purifying Foaming Cleanser and while it did not cause a reaction it was very, very drying.

pele the Bioderma Crealine H20 no rinse cleanser is very gentle and does not contain any pore clogging ingredients. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser might also be worth a try.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
This one by LRP:
http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?prid=334

I haven't tried it but it sounds good.

PCA makes a new cleanser #41 that I have had a chance to sample. Nice smell and I like it but not sure where you can buy it yet. It is creamy and foaming. Reminds me of Skinceuticals Gentle Cleanser. I like PCA #1 too.

Here are SC Rx's recommendations:
http://skincarerx.com/cleansers.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Marie,
The LRP Toleraine Dermo Cleanser that you provided the link to is not the one I tried that overdried my skin.

However, I would not reocommend the Dermo Cleanser to anyone that has concerns about clogged pores as the second ingredient is considered to be pore clogging!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Marie,
The LRP Toleraine Dermo Cleanser that you provided the link to is not the one I tried that overdried my skin.

However, I would not reocommend the Dermo Cleanser to anyone that has concerns about clogged pores as the second ingredient is considered to be pore clogging!

Thanks for that info. It says it shouldn't clog pores. I have tried the 2 PCA cleaners though and like those. I will buy the PCA 41 if they have it. I like the smell of the PCA 5 toner too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did notice that it claims that it is not comedogenic but I would not trust that claim. Octyl Palmitate which is the second ingredient in the cleanser is on my list of comedogenic ingredients. Not only is it on my list but it is on my list because I read from two independant sources that it is comedogenic. Bad enough that it contains a comedogenic ingredient but even worse is the fact that it is no rinse so you would essentially be leaving the ingredient on your skin! A better option for a no-rinse cleanser would be the Bioderma that I mentioned since this does not contain any comedogenic ingredients.

I look forward to reading your reviews and thoughts on the PCA products. It is a brand that no one seems to mention on the fourm so it will be good to find out more about how well the products work.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I didn't start the thread but might check out the Bioderma for times I want a wipe off. Thanks for the info.

PCA seems very popular here (Wisconsin) with spas and medi-spas. I have seen good reviews from etailers for their stuff. They sell little trial size kits that have quite a bit of product which is a nice way to try them. They do have a lot of stuff to choose from. The medi-spa that I went to (plastic surgeon's office) only carries PCA, Skinceuticals and Kinerase. I am waiting for the samples of the PCA to arrive although I had already bought a kit with some things in and liked most of what I tried. But wanting to see what the esthetician recommends to sort through all the product options. Not too pricey either. The toner #5 smells like pumpkin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
recently, I am using The Body Shop Aloe cream and foaming cleansers. I like them both. very gentle on the skin, and the cream cleasnser takes off my make up very effectively, yet leaves no filmy feeling on the skin.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I would recommend either the Ice Elements cream cleanser or Cetaphil.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica special cleansing gel is a good choice. last time I used neutogena cleasing foam.. it only make my skin dry after cleansing.
tetyanak
5% products discount

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
my skin is very sensitive as well, and tends to break out when funny new products are introduced. i have used cetaphil for a number of years and it had worked. one thing i love about it is that you can use it without water - simply put some on a cotton ball, and cleanse your face, similar to the way you would use toner (good for those super lazy or late night evenings Very Happy )
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
pele wrote:
Hi all,
For a few months now I have been using Neutrogena foaming facial cleanser. In the summer months it was okay, although I notice I can only use it on my forehead/nose, and then I use Kiss My Face olive oil bar soap to wash my chin/cheeks.

The problem is that Neutrogena is totally clogging my pores, although helping my skin cause I'm not getting whiteheads. Also, my face is getting drier now that the weather is getting colder.

I am terrified to try anything different as my skin is so sensitive and breaks out with anything, and I just tried Aveeno with SA in it last week and broke out.

My skin seems to be okay only with certain things, or just water.

Is there another facial cleaner that someone can recommend, that maybe even is from Neutrogena (as that seems to be ok with my skin) but not as pore-clogging and drying?

Thanks!

3 foaming cleansers I like are:

Jurlique (most expensive but is wonderful)
Bioelements (they come in a tester size)
Astara (smells great)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
DHC cleansing oil is good for unclogging pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
i really like sebamed anti-bacterial cleansing foam.

actually, i really like a number of the sebamed products.
llb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!
I've been interested in trying one of these:
DeVita
Zenbiotics

Which do you recommend or is there another that would be better.

Thanks![/img]
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Surprise! but the facial gel for acne skin is not drying at all. In fact my face has a slippery feeling to it after washing the gel off, and yes, I did wash my face thoroughly.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
If you live in Canada, try Spectro Derm Cleanser. It's very gentle and moisturizing. As compared to Cetaphil, it is even better.
Another good choice is Yonka Gel Cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |