Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Scary result from JAN MARINI EYELASH SERUM!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading reviews on amazon and this is scary! I will remember not to smear too much under my eyes from now on.

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Intervention-Eyelash-Jan-Marini/dp/B000FOCC66 :

Quote:
"I bought this product, yes and spent the unbelievable $160. Within 3 weeks I could definitely see new eyelash growth. I unfortunately was told by the receptionist in my dermotologist's office that she also uses this on her lower lids. I did so and much to my dismay, I have black hairs growing under my lower lids that make it look like I have dard circles under my eyes. There is no doubt in my mind that hair growth will happen with use of this product. Just be careful where you put it. I had no idea that black hairs would sprout up on my face as it probably smeared during the night. Stick to the top lid and use it sparingly. If I were a balding man, I would be buying this stuff by the case and smearing it all over my scalp. I've tried to call the company to find out what to do now with the UNWANTED hair. But for UPPER lash growth, this product really works."

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
so you mean it actually grew hair apart from the lash line.. like on the lower eye area?!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, truly scary stuff Shock She must be using a lot on her lower lids for it to get smeared. That is area that I would like to use the growth serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't think she used too much or that the problem is exclusive to the J. Marini - I had a similar reaction on my top lid. Sprouted lashes slightly above my lash line. This happened with the Ardell, Dream Lash & Jan Marini. I'm just more cautious to ensure it's dried b4 heading to bed where I know I'll wind up sleeping on my side.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Im sorry, I cant help but laugh at this(mental image of hairy lower lids), also at the sametime it makes my skin crawl...she musta really been slathering that on.... Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I admit I have the same reaction as Vonstella. It's a really surreal image. Laughing
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Like Candy, when I used the Ardell I had experienced some lash growth (baby hairs) about .5mm above the lash line, which could be natural I guess. But for it to grow like where your dark circles would be must mean the JM must be very potent to force hair follicles to come out...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
growth above the eye is ok, but below is truly scary. i am gonna try to use allow the jan marini to dry really well as suggested before i go to sleep. i don't need anymore unwanted facial hair Neutral .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same experience as Candy. I haven't used the JM but I've been using Lucia and Ardell on nearly a daily basis for a good few months and I seem to have lots of growth above my lash line, not even just baby hairs, these are full length lashes! I can only use one light coat of mascara these days, since my lashes look almost too long Shock I wouldn't stop using the products though Very Happy
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I also haven't used the JM, but I've noticed lashes growing above the lashline with the Lucia and Mavala DoubleLash. That is a truly creepy story, though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Holy mackeral! That story brings a very strange image to my mind - I keep picturing 2 tiny caterpillars stuck to the under side of that poor girl's lower lashes! Hairy eyes, indeed!

But I will also say this: that JM product must be INCREDIBLY potent and I SOOOOO can't wait to buy some! Bring on the extra hairs growing above the lash line - they can always be tweezed out, right?
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Lucia and loving it (thanks Tiger_Tim!) Laughing

I haven't tried it on my lower lashes though LOL
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Along with Candy I've experienced the same. I have like one lash that grew above the lashline on my top lashes. I do also apply this to the bottom lash and there is one hair and or eyelash that kinda sprouted below my lashline. It's not biggie you can't even see it unless you're right up against my face.

Nothing to be really alarmed about, it's not as if it looks like you have spider legs growing beneath your lashline.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have literally bare lower lashes. With JM, my lower lashes are growing... this may sound stupid but it did cast some dark shadows as if I have dark circles. I'm probably just not used to having lower lashes. I did have some upper lashes grown above the regular lash lines as well. It just shows that this works and I can't be sloppy during application.

Did anyone notice if the new growth are abit crooked? Mine did. Anyone know why? Some users from http://www.spectacularskin.com/forum/board_entry.php?id=18545&page=0&order=time&category=0
also noticed it too.

To be honest, I am happy that my lashes are longer and I can definitely live with some odd lashes here and there, or even crooked ones that a good curler can fix.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Did anyone notice if the new growth are abit crooked? Mine did. Anyone know why? Some users from http://www.spectacularskin.com/forum/board_entry.php?id=18545&page=0&order=time&category=0
also noticed it too.

To be honest, I am happy that my lashes are longer and I can definitely live with some odd lashes here and there, or even crooked ones that a good curler can fix.

Me! I have two eyelashes on my upper left lashline pointing sideways (towards the right eye). They look kind of odd but no one has commented on my lashes yet so I will continue to use my ardell and hope for the best.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |