Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Uh oh, another CELLULITE TREATMENT! ANYONE TRY MURAD?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried The Murad Cellulite Solution Program? http://www.murad.com/cellulite3

This man seems to know a lot about cellulite - he's done a lot of research on it, even written a book. The whole TMCSP regimen involves nutritional supplements (MUA reviewers said 13 vitamins a day!) and topical lotions; Firm & Tone Serum and Firming Body Creme (the Activating Body Scrub is optional and not part of the package), though the supplements and each of the topicals can be purchased separately. It has only been reviewed by 3 users on MUA, but the reviews were pretty positive ...

It claims to be an award winning cellulite AND stretch mark treatment, PLUS they offer an 8-week money back guarantee. From the website: "Guaranteed Results Or Your Money Back - If you don't see firmer, smoother, healthier skin within 8 weeks, return your products — even if the bottles are empty — for a full refund of the purchase price (less the cost of shipping and handling)."

The supplements and topicals program is pricey: $200 for a 1-month supply! but there is the money-back guarantee ... The price alone may make you wish it WON'T work on you!

You can listen to Dr. Murad's presentation on cellulite: http://www.murad.com/webexseminars.html
and read excerpts from his book: http://www.murad.com/cellulite-solution.htm

So, any thoughts and/or opinions on this one? Anyone have any experience with it?

Thank you!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I have to tell you that I think $200 is outrageous for a one-month supply! I'm also one who ordered Santiva right about the time you did but I'm not so sure that it can do much more for me than what I've been able to do already. Smile I'm considering returning the product because they've been non-responsive to my inquiries and there is no one manning the phones (no return phone call, either) so I'm pretty piqued.

As a background, I started taking supplements following the Perricone prescription about 2 months ago. My skin (along with skin care) has improved immensely and that includes cellulite. I had been taking Lipo 6 prior to the new supp routine with great results but did not want to rely on a "weight loss" supplement. There are two places remaining that I want to completely remove the cellulite (knees - very slight - and right under the butt - also fairly slight at this point but I'm being vain, what can I say?). Anyway, I checked in the mirror yesterday (hadn't done that in a while) and my skin is looking even better! The back of my legs are almost completely smooth.

I'm guessing that this is due to 2 things. First, the Lipo6 sure did help burn away some fat but I also think that the synergy of supps I'm taking has assisted in removing toxins and ultimately balancing my body. In fact, I used to take 3x the fiber that I am now with the same results. Also, my back used to break out regularly (hormonal and stress) and this has also improved. I imagine that in my case, it was a situation of many trapped toxins and somehow, I managed to work away the fat and kick the garbage out/balance things.

So, just wanted to share my experience...and remember, cellulite (in my case) was hereditary and everyone I asked said it could not be cured but I know now that's not the case. It isn't easy, that's all. My $.02. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I have to tell you that I think $200 is outrageous for a one-month supply! I'm also one who ordered Santiva right about the time you did but I'm not so sure that it can do much more for me than what I've been able to do already. Smile I'm considering returning the product because they've been non-responsive to my inquiries and there is no one manning the phones (no return phone call, either) so I'm pretty piqued.

As a background, I started taking supplements following the Perricone prescription about 2 months ago. My skin (along with skin care) has improved immensely and that includes cellulite.

I'm guessing that ... the synergy of supps I'm taking has assisted in removing toxins and ultimately balancing my body. I imagine that in my case, it was a situation of many trapped toxins and somehow, I managed to work away the fat and kick the garbage out/balance things.

So, just wanted to share my experience...and remember, cellulite (in my case) was hereditary and everyone I asked said it could not be cured but I know now that's not the case. It isn't easy, that's all. My $.02. Smile

Scallawaggirl - did you already receive your Santica products? Mine have not been delivered yet! Did you get the free 3rd box of supplements AND the cellulite creme? I know what you mean about the customer service - I wrote them an e-mail asking about the buy 2 get one free + cellulite creme add-on to my order and so far, NO response! I'm sure it has to do with the fact that they are just rolling out in the US, but lax customer service will only harm them - don't they know word travels?

I agree with you on the cost of the Murad program - outrageous! Do you think that your Perricone supplement program, because there are so many vitamins you take (BTW, thanks again for forwarding the program to me!) has actually incorporated most if not all of what Murad's plan comprises (aside from the topicals)? I bet it does. Let me ask you this as well: do you think that purchasing all of the supplements required for the Perricone program is actually more cost effective than Murad's? The Perricone program has soooo many supplements on it! Surprised

Cellulite in my case is also hereditary - my Mom and sister both have tons! I must say that when I was super thin (too thin) I had none, but now that I've put on more weight, its back (but not for long!). I believe your plan works and I'm going to attempt to duplicate it. I'll probably try the Lipo 6, too. Will report back (probably months from now) about my progress!

BTW, I'm still absorbing the info you sent me on your entire regimen and will be PMing you again in the next few days with a couple questions if you don't mind! Very Happy I appreciate your kindness in communicating with me! Angel

You do know that when you get those tiny areas of cellulite taken care of, you're going to look 21 again, don't you? You already look amazing with the skincare ... I believe you are actually going backwards as far as ageing is concerned! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Scallawaggirl - did you already receive your Santica products? Mine have not been delivered yet! Did you get the free 3rd box of supplements AND the cellulite creme? I know what you mean about the customer service - I wrote them an e-mail asking about the buy 2 get one free + cellulite creme add-on to my order and so far, NO response! I'm sure it has to do with the fact that they are just rolling out in the US, but lax customer service will only harm them - don't they know word travels?

Yeah! No kidding about the CS lack of response and our very active discussions!!! No, I haven't received the products yet but think I will just turn around and return them given the fact that I'm none to happy about the lack of response and your very good point - that I probably already have all the bases covered with my current supplements.

I agree with you on the cost of the Murad program - outrageous! Do you think that your Perricone supplement program, because there are so many vitamins you take (BTW, thanks again for forwarding the program to me!) has actually incorporated most if not all of what Murad's plan comprises (aside from the topicals)? I bet it does. Let me ask you this as well: do you think that purchasing all of the supplements required for the Perricone program is actually more cost effective than Murad's? The Perricone program has soooo many supplements on it! Surprised

Smile I know what you mean. I use the Tab Tote to organize my supps because it was a PAIN trying to get it figured out. As it is and because there are so many per day, I use 2 slots for each day so a large Tab Tote covers 2 weeks for me. It is a great time saver but I wish they had a more viable travel option. I may end up taking my TT with me but am not really keen to do that in case it gets beat up.

I do think the Perricone program is more cost efficient, actually. If I average it out, it's about, oh, say $75/month as I buy bigger sizes, when applicable. It's a lot but my goodness, the changes to my skin, hair and nails are significant and I also believe it's given me a fantastic foundation for the topical products I've been using. Everything is working so quickly so I have to think it's the combo. Oh yeah, I swallow multiples at a time so it doesn't actually take long (similarly-sized pills, 3 at a time w/lots of water). I also highly recommend the MSM/Glutamine/Silica Gel cocktail mixed w/your favorite juice. I toss it into the empty water bottle from my supps, shake it all to hell and drink it. That way, you don't taste the MSM, which is yuck.

Cellulite in my case is also hereditary - my Mom and sister both have tons! I must say that when I was super thin (too thin) I had none, but now that I've put on more weight, its back (but not for long!). I believe your plan works and I'm going to attempt to duplicate it. I'll probably try the Lipo 6, too. Will report back (probably months from now) about my progress!

It took about 4 or so months on Lipo 6 for me to see results and I was rather lazy, btw. I did not workout like a fiend or eat particularly healthy. Do these two things and you will see faster results, I am certain. Also, steer clear of caffeine and red wine (or not too much atleast). They may interfere w/one of the ingredients but I never had any problems w/the Lipo 6 at all.

BTW, I'm still absorbing the info you sent me on your entire regimen and will be PMing you again in the next few days with a couple questions if you don't mind! Very Happy I appreciate your kindness in communicating with me! Angel

No problem! I don't mind helping out at all.

You do know that when you get those tiny areas of cellulite taken care of, you're going to look 21 again, don't you? You already look amazing with the skincare ... I believe you are actually going backwards as far as ageing is concerned! Very Happy

Oh, you're a hoot! I am very pleased with the results I've had and plan to eradicate some broken caps around my nose (w/my Baby Quasar - already seeing progress) and then get my skin baby smooth (long-term plan). Then, I will apply to be the poster girl for CPs and Acids.
Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
My friend is getting married next year and she has been eating healthy and going to the gym very regularly. She has been losing weight but she is concerned about her thigh and butt cellulite (mild case). She just ordered the 2nd Murad cellulite package and is raving about it. Even her BF noticed it. The supplements are 4 weeks supply but the serum/cream lasted longer. Thus, you can just re-order the supplements.

I'm very tempted. I have used the Avon Sculping or Lifting cream.. it didn't work much for me.. but then again, I wasn't diligent enough to do it twice a day.. Thus, it might just be me.

HTH.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
My friend is getting married next year and she has been eating healthy and going to the gym very regularly. She has been losing weight but she is concerned about her thigh and butt cellulite (mild case). She just ordered the 2nd Murad cellulite package and is raving about it. Even her BF noticed it. The supplements are 4 weeks supply but the serum/cream lasted longer. Thus, you can just re-order the supplements.

I'm very tempted. I have used the Avon Sculping or Lifting cream.. it didn't work much for me.. but then again, I wasn't diligent enough to do it twice a day.. Thus, it might just be me.

HTH.

Thank you Goofygal for the feedback! Most appreciated!

Oh, dear! Shock Scalawaggirl, please chime in and help me decide - is this GOOD news, or BAD?! You might want to look at ParisTroika's thread about Vuru (or Vunu?) vitamins - maybe we could duplicate Murad's using their service? Let me know what you think!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, dear! Shock Scalawaggirl, please chime in and help me decide - is this GOOD news, or BAD?! You might want to look at ParisTroika's thread about Vuru (or Vunu?) vitamins - maybe we could duplicate Murad's using their service? Let me know what you think!

Holy Moses! What a cool site and neato on the single packets. Smile

BTW, I did receive the Santica order today but no 3rd free item, cream, or discount. They have east coast hours so I'm calling in the morning.

I am off to check outwww.vuru.com to see what my monthly Perricone prescription runs over there. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. Checked out the Vuru site and though it's a fab idea, for my Perricone list, it runs way, way over my current cost. About $100 over, in fact. Still a neat idea, though.

I also checked the Murad box and doubt it'd be easy to replicate; too many proprietary blends. I'm going to check w/them in the morning to see what the deal is w/no discount, etc. before deciding to return it. I'll let you know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I am 2/3 satisfied w/the Santica customer support. I called this morning and she asked to return my call with info, which she did promptly. There was some technical snafu in their system so it did not show me as logged in to the member area (even though I distinctly remember seeing my name displayed). I use Mozilla so am going to chalk it up to an issue with their server and be sure to IE next time.

So, she is sending out the third box and the free cream, which is cool. However, they would not honor the discount because I wasn't logged in (according to them) at the time. This is the part I am 1/3 displeased with because she could see that I'd signed up, emailed them and called so it's not as though I decided to become a member later after I placed the order. Go figure. I am willing to give it a two-month test to see, if it does indeed help get rid of the last 2 places I have. If so, I will reorder but probably only do the maintenance (one tab/day).

My advice so far: MAKE SURE YOU'RE LOGGED IN. She said, if the discount doesn't show up, you're not really logged in. I think, personally, they may be having some technical difficulties. I might even take a screen shot next time to prove it! I'll keep you posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Hmm. Checked out the Vuru site and though it's a fab idea, for my Perricone list, it runs way, way over my current cost. About $100 over, in fact. Still a neat idea, though.

Yeah, great site, great idea, but holy mackeral! $100 over current cost for your Perricone stuff is WAAAAYYYY out there! Much better to stick with what you are doing now.

scalawaggirl wrote:
I also checked the Murad box and doubt it'd be easy to replicate; too many proprietary blends. I'm going to check w/them in the morning to see what the deal is w/no discount, etc. before deciding to return it. I'll let you know.

I know what you mean. I checked their ingredients and actually printed them out. OMG! That's a lot of stuff! He obviously has them custom-manufactured, and now it looks like taking 13 vitamins a day is NOTHING compared to all the pills I'd be popping if I tried to duplicate his formula! Not to mention I'd probably not be able to get my mitts on most of the stuff. *Sigh!* Yes, please let us know what they say about the no discount policy.

scalawaggirl wrote:
Okay, I am 2/3 satisfied w/the Santica customer support. ... There was some technical snafu in their system so it did not show me as logged in to the member area (even though I distinctly remember seeing my name displayed).

So, she is sending out the third box and the free cream, which is cool. However, they would not honor the discount because I wasn't logged in (according to them) at the time. This is the part I am 1/3 displeased with because she could see that I'd signed up, emailed them and called so it's not as though I decided to become a member later after I placed the order. Go figure.

I CANNOT believe they would not honor the discount! That's just plain stupid on their part. Its probably because the order had already been placed; some places are so weird about partial refunds to credit cards, etc. Its obvious you're a member, or I'd doubt she'd send the 3rd box and the creme, but its nice that she did that.

scalawaggirl wrote:
My advice so far: MAKE SURE YOU'RE LOGGED IN. She said, if the discount doesn't show up, you're not really logged in. I think, personally, they may be having some technical difficulties. I might even take a screen shot next time to prove it! I'll keep you posted.

I think you're right on the technical difficulties. You'd think they'd work out those kinks beforehand! I KNOW that the discount was applied to my order; that the only thing that showed on my receipt, but NOT the 3rd box and NOT the sample creme. It will be interesting to see if the 3rd box and creme show up in the box with the other 2 boxes! Eh? Wonder when I'll get them?

Yes, please keep us posted on your progress. I'm going to start mine in a couple weeks, and will also update. I hesitate to do before and after pics because displaying my dimply legs is just unfair to the general public! Shock Plus the glare from my ultra pale legs would surely burn out someone's retinas, and we can't have that! Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hey, Mermaid. Take before pics but do not feel obligated (I sure as hell wouldn't) to show them. You can only show your "afters", if you are so inclined. Smile

I'm going to give the supps a shot but am still pissy about them not honoring the discount. I may call back to explain to them that I sent an email and phoned right after I realized that it was not applied. Hmm. Have to ruminate on that a bit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, I received my order from Santica today! I kept waiting for it to show up at home, but I must've directed them to ship to my office because FedEx brought it to me here. (I swear, I'm such a dweeb! If my head wasn't firmly bolted to my shoulders, I'd forget that, too! Neutral)

Anyhoo, they sent me the 2 boxes of cellulite supplements plus the 3rd free box and the cellulite creme PLUS they included a box of their Strong Hair formula! I did not order the Strong Hair; the invoice shows Strong Hair on it, but $0 as the charge, so they sent it to me free! Cool! Very Happy

The Strong Hair has 30 capsules which is a 2 week supply. I've been research hair supplements for a while and then this one shows up, so I'll give it a whirl and see how I like it. Naturally, they say you won't see results from any of this stuff until 3-4 months, so I'll have to repurchase the Strong Hair. But, the 3 boxes of the cellulite treatment is a full 3 month supply, so we should see something by the time we use up all the capsules. Smile

Their brochure shows all of their supplements, and I want to try them ALL! I'll have to wait until I win the Lotto for that, though!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very good news to hear! I've taken 1.5 doses so far and hopefully, we shall have a report in a month or so. Smile

I did get the Strong Hair, as well, so that was cool, I agree. The good thing is that I don't need it, my hair is course, wavy and very thick!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, Does anybody know what are the ingredients of Lipo6? I'd be interested to try it, but like to know what I'm using?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
This is a link to a review of Lipo 6 and goes over the ingredients:

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/ephedra-free-lipo-6.html

I found it helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Very good news to hear! I've taken 1.5 doses so far and hopefully, we shall have a report in a month or so. Smile

I did get the Strong Hair, as well, so that was cool, I agree. The good thing is that I don't need it, my hair is course, wavy and very thick!

Scally, your hair is everything mine is not! Mine's fine textured, straight as a board and not very thick at all. My stylist says I have a lot of actual hair, just that the strands are very fine, so it doesn't LOOK like I have a lot of hair.

If you decide not to use the Strong Hair supplements, I'll buy them from you if you're willing to part with them. That way I'd end up with a 1 month supply vs. only 2 weeks and you'd end up with some $! Now tell me, do you take Mastercard or American Express? PayPay? Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Woman! You can have them for free. Smile PM your address and I'll send them off to you today. Okay?!

Laughing

I believe in paying it forward!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Woman! You can have them for free. Smile PM your address and I'll send them off to you today. Okay?!

Laughing

I believe in paying it forward!

Scally, you ROCK! Cool I will PM you my address, but please let me at least pay for the postage. I can send you $ through PayPal if you have an account, otherwise I can send you cash. Let me know which you prefer!

Thank you thank you thank you! Angel You are so kind!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaid & Scala! Would love to hear from both of you regarding your progress using the Murad and/or Santica Cellulite Supplements & Cellulite Cream. Have you noticed any difference in your problem area's since you began using these products?

Scala - I'd also love to know if you are still taking the Pericone supplements? If so, are you taking the Murad and/or Santica Cellulite supplements in addition to the Pericone's? I'm wondering what the biggest difference is supplement-wise between Murad, Santica and Pericone? Does one offer something more than the others? I also read on another thread that you are using a nifty hand-held cellulite massage unit. How long have you been using this unit and do you think it is worth the $$$ (sorry, the name of it escapes me at the moment!).

I scanned through "The Cellulite Solution" at the bookstore several months ago, but was discouraged by the program as the book insists you need a boat-load of expensive supplements in addition to Spa-level cellulite treatments in order to see results. Reading through your posts, it sounds as if you and Mermaidgirl have devised your own program which may be less expensive and equally effective. Apart from the obvious importance of exercise and diet to reduce cellulite, would you kindly share your 'cellulite busting' regime with us? I'd love to know how I should start an effective program, and if it's even necessary for me to take Lipo 6 to jump start the process before I introduce any cellulite supplements?

Oh, I'd also love to know if either one of you has tried an 'Infrared Sauna' spa treatment to help reduce your cellulite? I have found a spa near me that offers these treatments, but don't know if I'm wasting my time and $$$ on something that almost sounds too good to be true! Wink

Thank you both so much for your help!

ETA: Just discovered that Scala has purchased a portable FIR Sauna (FIR = far infrared). Way to go, girl!! I was pricing these on ebay last week and am SOOOO tempted to buy one. HOWEVER, I am determined to restrain myself until I try the real mccoy at the Spa. This is what my local Spa claims a 30 minute Infrared Sauna treatment will do for you:

Infrared Saunas help clear up cellulite, the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin. European beauty specialists routinely incorporate daily saunas in programs to reduce cellulite. The heat of the sunlight sauna warms three times as deep as conventional saunas. It is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite.

Scars fully formed, even keloids, may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.

Other skin benefits"
*open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring
*help acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts
*removes roughness, leaving skin baby smooth and soft again
*firms and improves skin tone and elasticity
*burn up to 600 calories in a 30 minute session (this alone has me jumping with joy!!!)
*cellular purification

As I mentioned above, almost sounds too good to be true! Here's hoping it really does work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi Mermaid & Scala! Would love to hear from both of you regarding your progress using the Murad and/or Santica Cellulite Supplements & Cellulite Cream. Have you noticed any difference in your problem area's since you began using these products?

Hey! I think there are 2-3 cellulite threads active right now and I did post on one of them that the Santica (what MG and I take) is starting to show results. I opted to try this out rather than continuing taking the Lipo 6 regularly because Santica appears to be more natural ingredients. For the record, I do not have an issue w/the Lipo 6 and still take it occasionally with no side effects at all.

Scala - I'd also love to know if you are still taking the Pericone supplements? If so, are you taking the Murad and/or Santica Cellulite supplements in addition to the Pericone's? I'm wondering what the biggest difference is supplement-wise between Murad, Santica and Pericone? Does one offer something more than the others? I also read on another thread that you are using a nifty hand-held cellulite massage unit. How long have you been using this unit and do you think it is worth the $$$ (sorry, the name of it escapes me at the moment!).

Yes, I am but I only "follow" the Perricone prescription as an outline and purchase my supplements from Vitacost to meet the requirements. While still a significant investment, it is FAR cheaper than going through Perricone! I take the Santica Anti-Cellulite as an adjunct and specifically to address cellulite. All of the other supps are vitamins, antioxidants, and so on. So, I think they complement one another.

I am using the hand-held unit and like it a lot. It was well worth the $ and is very convenient to use. I'd say, though, if you wanted a first-choice suggestion, go for the infrared sauna. My little hand-held is nice when I don't want to get into the box or vice versa (when I'd rather get into the box).

I scanned through "The Cellulite Solution" at the bookstore several months ago, but was discouraged by the program as the book insists you need a boat-load of expensive supplements in addition to Spa-level cellulite treatments in order to see results. Reading through your posts, it sounds as if you and Mermaidgirl have devised your own program which may be less expensive and equally effective. Apart from the obvious importance of exercise and diet to reduce cellulite, would you kindly share your 'cellulite busting' regime with us? I'd love to know how I should start an effective program, and if it's even necessary for me to take Lipo 6 to jump start the process before I introduce any cellulite supplements?

Well, here's what I use/do: take 1 Santica anti-cellulite 2x/day, 1 fiber tablet at night (I use Fibertox by Better Body Basics - great stuff), daily supplements (my list is long), one glass of juice AM w/1 Tsp. Glutamine, 1 Tsp. MSM and 2 Tsp. Silica Gel). I dry brush (3-4x/week) w/a natural sisal brush all over to move toxins along. As far as gadgetry, I use the hand-held or now my new infrared sauna 4-5x/week. It helps to drink lots of water as this both cleanses the system and plumps up the skin. That's about it (I'm sure you're reeling)!

Oh, I'd also love to know if either one of you has tried an 'Infrared Sauna' spa treatment to help reduce your cellulite? I have found a spa near me that offers these treatments, but don't know if I'm wasting my time and $$$ on something that almost sounds too good to be true! Wink

Thank you both so much for your help!

ETA: Just discovered that Scala has purchased a portable FIR Sauna (FIR = far infrared). Way to go, girl!! I was pricing these on ebay last week and am SOOOO tempted to buy one. HOWEVER, I am determined to restrain myself until I try the real mccoy at the Spa. This is what my local Spa claims a 30 minute Infrared Sauna treatment will do for you:

Infrared Saunas help clear up cellulite, the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin. European beauty specialists routinely incorporate daily saunas in programs to reduce cellulite. The heat of the sunlight sauna warms three times as deep as conventional saunas. It is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite.

Scars fully formed, even keloids, may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.

Other skin benefits"
*open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring
*help acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts
*removes roughness, leaving skin baby smooth and soft again
*firms and improves skin tone and elasticity
*burn up to 600 calories in a 30 minute session (this alone has me jumping with joy!!!)
*cellular purification

As I mentioned above, almost sounds too good to be true! Here's hoping it really does work!

I'm counting on it! In fact, I'm off to sit in my sauna for a round of "exercise". :
Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your reply, Scalawaggirl!!! There are a few cellulite threads on the go right now, and I opted to initiate this one again to learn more about your experience using the Santica supplements. Sorry if this discussion has become repetitive Embarassed . I'll keep my questions to a minimum so everyone isn't jumping all over the place.

The Santica website indicates that you should see some significant improvements after 47 days of using the 'Gold' formula. I think you've been taking them for a bit longer than this now - do you have any results to report on yet? If you had to start your regime over again, would you still use the Lipo-6 as a cellulite fighter? Or would you stick to Perricone and Santica supplements instead? BTW, I realize the Lipo-6 is a fat burner and not a cellulite supplement, however, I am game to try it anyway if produces some great results.

Oh, and you are right! I am a bit overwhelmed with your anti-cellulite regime, but understand it really is a multi-faceted process to get rid of this nasty problem!

I can't help but laugh as I envision you enjoying a 'round of exercise' in your new portable FIR Sauna <I want one too!!>.The unit itself looks like something from a bygone era, doesn't it? I really hope you achieve some great health benefits from it. It will also come in quite handy when you move to Canada in the future....winters in Montreal can be VEEERRRRRY cold. Can't think of an easier way to warm up! In fact, you may want to sell your individual unit and upgrade it to a 2-person model so that you and your new hubby can enjoy it together! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Thanks so much for your reply, Scalawaggirl!!! There are a few cellulite threads on the go right now, and I opted to initiate this one again to learn more about your experience using the Santica supplements. Sorry if this discussion has become repetitive Embarassed . I'll keep my questions to a minimum so everyone isn't jumping all over the place.

You're welcome, no worries!

The Santica website indicates that you should see some significant improvements after 47 days of using the 'Gold' formula. I think you've been taking them for a bit longer than this now - do you have any results to report on yet? If you had to start your regime over again, would you still use the Lipo-6 as a cellulite fighter? Or would you stick to Perricone and Santica supplements instead? BTW, I realize the Lipo-6 is a fat burner and not a cellulite supplement, however, I am game to try it anyway if produces some great results.

Well, I've been taking the Santica for about a little less than that time, I think, but it is working well so far. I'd say in terms of cellulite help, it's as good as the Lipo 6. If you want to burn some weight, as well, the L6 is really good for that - though not long-term use, of course. Be sure to look for the current one without Ephedra and don't drink a lot of caffeine or red wine with it (one of the ingredients doesn't mix well w/LARGE quantities of these - I never had a problem because I hardly ever drink wine or coffee).

Oh, and you are right! I am a bit overwhelmed with your anti-cellulite regime, but understand it really is a multi-faceted process to get rid of this nasty problem!

Smile Chuckling to myself. I am quite self-involved but my cats have trained me to be that way - yes, that is why. LOL.

I can't help but laugh as I envision you enjoying a 'round of exercise' in your new portable FIR Sauna <I want one too!!>.The unit itself looks like something from a bygone era, doesn't it? I really hope you achieve some great health benefits from it. It will also come in quite handy when you move to Canada in the future....winters in Montreal can be VEEERRRRRY cold. Can't think of an easier way to warm up! In fact, you may want to sell your individual unit and upgrade it to a 2-person model so that you and your new hubby can enjoy it together! Very Happy

You are too funny! I haven't seen a double unit but did notice an extra large size! It is actually quite comforting and I am already seeing results and have only used it 3x!!! First of all, the cellulite seems to be disappearing rapidly (I do not have much but want to polish things up). I am looking quite fit and firm, too, which leads me to believe that the calorie burn claims are very much true. This thing is awesome!!! I do recommend drinking lots of water and taking a shower right after using the sauna as it will help rid your body of toxins. I'm looking forward to seeing further health benefits but, wow, I am impressed so far - really glad I "asked" for this!

5% products discount

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Goofygal wrote:

HTH.

Thank you Goofygal for the feedback! Most appreciated!

I've been taking the Murad supps on and off for a few months now, so I don't really know how much they do. I can tell you that their cellulite firm and tone serum is AMAZING!!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
No way. These products do not work. It was already pointed out on Oprah's Science of Beauty show with Dr. Oz two weeks ago.

There are no clinicals anywhere to substantiate these products do anything. The best advice from Dr Oz? Lose weight and drink LOTS of water daily.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
i don't think it will work.after use up 2 200ml bottle similar products,i know they are just body lotin.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |