Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Spider veins on shoulders?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 25 and recently have developed clusters of light spider veins on both of my shoulders -- purple/bluish in color. Does anyone know what causes these?

I wonder if it has anything to do with circulation, or ... clothing... or anything like that? And is there a way to improve or get rid of them, or are they here to stay?

- Janis
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Janis
These tend to be a combination of things; heredity, thinner skin from sun damage, stress on your circulatory system from smoking, pregnancy or booze in my case Embarassed

Sorry to say, they don't usually go away, but again I'm really surprised to hear you have this at such a young age - you seem very unlucky.

What can you do? Some people claim Vitamin K products work, but really slowly and you have to be ultra-diligent about application. I remember Mabsy (or was it her mother?) saying the Dr Eris line worked http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Dr_Eris_skin_care_cosmetics.htm

If it's on your face you have to be careful with AHA's/microdermabrasion as that aggravates the condition.

If you look at reviews of the Baby Quasar in Product reviews you'll see some people are seeing an improvement with that.

Otherwise there are expensive salon treatments. I think it's called IPL. I haven't investigated that yet. It seems they can still come back after all that though if you're not careful about using SS and avoiding AHA's.

So, mostly bad news - sorry.

I've got them too on my nose. It's mainly hereditory because my mother and older sister have them, but mine appeared after being forced to drink gallons of vile Chinese rice wine during their Spring festival. I felt sick for weeks.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
i have these too and it's because i have pretty large breasts (38DDD) and the weight has caused bra straps to really dig in hard and i've had the veins for years because i can't afford time or money to have BR surgery....i wish i could though, the gouges in my shoulders are really painful!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
hi Janis!

do you frequently carry heavy bags/purses on your shoulders?

I have to luge a heavy bag around for work and I have noticed that I do get little spider veins on my shoulders (i have also got them from travelling and lugging heavy bags around airports etc...)

if they are small enough they may just fade away (mine eventually do if I don't keep aggravating them by carrying more heavy things).

HTH!

Lau
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had it on my face before. And I did 2 laser to remove them. Seemed to have pitty good results on this.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I posted this a long while ago but the spider veins on my shoulders remain an issue for me and it's only getting worse.

Some topical solutions were mentioned here -- do any of these actually work? It seems like there couldn't possibly be an effective topical solution, but I always see ads for products that claim they do...call me a skeptic.

As far as laser or IPL, has anyone used those options for spider/varicose veins, and if so what were your results? What sort of price range would I be looking at for either of those options (again, I have a cluster of veins on both of my shoulders).
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Best treatment, I think, for spiders: sclerotherapy. Find a very experiended doc who does a lot of this. Go for a consultation. IMO topicals are not usually effective. Though, heck, try em if you want. I think some people were talking about MSM cream on the do it yourself forum about "thread veins."
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
In addition to the topicals, sclerotherapy, and laser/light treatments, you might incorporate supplements that promote healthy veins and circulatory system. Vitamin C (ester) is a must, and it wouldn't hurt to take a quality prenatal supp. I like the one by Enzymatic Therapy. Herbal remedies really help. Do a search for "healthy veins", "spider veins", etc. on www.vitacost.com andwww.mountainroseherbs.com.

Avoid smoking/tobacco and excessive alcohol (no more than two drinks a day if you're under 120 lbs, three if you're over 120). Also, use sunscreen, avoid carrying heavy things with shoulder straps, and exercise your upper body to promote good circulation. Exercises using small hand weights will help, and yoga is excellent.

Good luck.

Janis wrote:
Hey I posted this a long while ago but the spider veins on my shoulders remain an issue for me and it's only getting worse.

Some topical solutions were mentioned here -- do any of these actually work? It seems like there couldn't possibly be an effective topical solution, but I always see ads for products that claim they do...call me a skeptic.

As far as laser or IPL, has anyone used those options for spider/varicose veins, and if so what were your results? What sort of price range would I be looking at for either of those options (again, I have a cluster of veins on both of my shoulders).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem on my shoulders and got them in my early 20's.
I never had a car when I went to school and I think it is part of those heavy school bags. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |