Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: review :: Diana Yvonne's Triple C Serum - not for me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I chose this serum for the summer; It's made of combined C-esters not L-Ascorbic so it's in a neutral base. This means it should be non-irritating and non-exfoliating - better for the sun I thought. It's also extremely reasonably priced and I'd read great reviews of it over on the Skincareboard which indicated you get good glow from it.

I was disappointed Sad

Firstly, it seemed to rough up the surface of my skin. Hard to describe, not dehydrated, but just rough looking even on my arms. I got no glow and it didn't seem to fade my hyperpigmentation, which other C serums have always done.

For comparison I liked the Janson Beckett C&C, which is also esters, though I felt it gave me less glow than a standard L-Ascorbic it did give me a little plus it seemed to help with hyperpigmentation and was very light and well absorbed as a first layer.

I ended up using most of the Triple C on my arms and chest because I couldn't tolerate the rough look on my face, though that was only ever temporary.

I know a lot of people swear by this stuff, but it's not for me.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Molly, thanks for your review. I thought about trying this serum after reading all raves on skincareboard. I use JB C&C right now, and I see some positive results that I never experienced when I used skinceuticals CE+ferulic. My skin tone becomes more even, and I have a little bit of a glow. Laughing I've only used it for 2 weeks. I hope, I'll see more results in a month. Cool
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting to hear, Molly. I've got it coming but from a different vendor - believe they are similar formulations. I'll let you know how it goes - seems Vitamin Cs (well, all products) are so hit or miss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
scalawagirl, where do you get it from?

p.s. Hi Molly!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Rae. It's the same product and I bought it atwww.skincarecentral.biz!

5% products discount

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm disappointed with the most recent TripleC, too, Molly. Sad

Professional Solutions (aka Cosmetic Solutions) must have, once again, reformulated it. In about a year & 1/2, I've used at least 2 (perhaps 4?) versions of TripleC, all formulated by Professional Solutions. In the summer & fall of 2005, I used the first version ~ which was fabulous ~ provided a glow, absorbed fairly well, this version included l-ascorbic acid I think. My next bottle or two was a "new" formulation that was far more sticky, less of a glow, relied more heavily on MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Palmitate) but, like all TripleCs I've used, included at least three Cs, thus an ester. The version after that seemed to go back to the original formulation, but without the l-ascorbic acid ~ better at producing a glow, once again absorbed well. The last version (I'm currently finishing) is back to the stickier, heavier version ~ and, sadly, less glow than earlier versions, but I do still notice a bit of one.

Over time I've bought these TripleCs from dianna yvonne and skincarecentral. When I first received this most recent formulation, I told Kathleen at skincarecentral that she could pass along to Prof Solutions that I'm unhappy with the current formulation as well as the current dispenser ~ they used a much larger dropper this time that dispenses far too much product at one go, thus too much product ends up in one area of my face and doesn't seem to want to spread easily to other areas.

All of that said, I still think it's basically a good product, especially at the price, though I'd like to see them go back to an earlier formulation.

Wow ~ I just read the ingredients on my current bottle and I'm so surprised! (Just goes to show, I should always read ingredient lists, even on products I think I know!) This version, like the first version as I recall, includes L-Ascorbic Acid. Huh. Wonder what the pH on this version is???

Ingredients: Distilled Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hylaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.

Scalawaggirl, if you get a chance, I'd be interested to know the ingredient list of your TripleC.

Molly, I assume you received a different version since your's apparently didn't include l-ascorbic?

Thanks everyone for the info on JB C&C.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
hisdoc, my ingredient list is the same as your's. I find that it absorbs fine for me so am wondering when you purchased the latest one you're using. What confusion!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I still love Triple C. There is no way I can get the "glow" with any other product that I can from this.

I am amazed that it could create a rough feeling on anyone's skin. I would like more information on this, if possible. What does that mean, a "rough" feeling? Bumpy to the touch? And only after putting this product on? There's nothing in Triple C that could be drying or exfoliating so I don't see how it could create rough skin... Confused Question
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
The one I have, bought from DY a few months ago - has:

Distilled water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium AscorbylPhosphate, Magnesium Boro Ascorbate, HA, Xantham Gum, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.

I am only using it for a few days.
Please, correct me if I am wrong, but isn 't the most effective form of C L-ascorbic Acid?
If yes - how can this be effective?

If I am asking total nonsense, please, pardon my total lack of chemical knowledge.

TIA,
Lucy.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scallawag & Sigma & everyone else,

After some digging, I found that Professional Solutions formulates a specific Triple C, one with no L-Ascorbic Acid, for Dianna Yvonne (I may have known this before & simply forgotten it ~ typical of me). I bought my most recent Triple C from skincarecentral and this Triple C is the one with L-Ascorbic Acid. So, there are at least two versions available, depending from where you might purchase. One mystery resolved!

Sigma, I can answer your question a little bit, though I don't know more than a bit. It's my understanding that L-Ascorbic Acid is simply the form of Vitamin C that has been most studied and that has the most studies verifying that it helps build collagen, among Vitamin C's other properties. Recently, however, studies have found MAP to generate collagen, too. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) is, obviously, the highest listed Vit C in your Triple C and is used in other products including, for example, PSF's StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum. As I understand it, one valuable characteristic of MAP is that it is non-acidic ~ therefore, it's more stable than L-Ascorbic Acid (thus less likely to go "bad" as quickly) and is less likely to irritate skin as some more acidic formulations can. (When I was using a retinoid I experienced skin sensitivity that was heightened with an L-Ascorbic Acid Vit C product and, so, gladly switched to the non-ascorbic acid Triple C version).

I think both versions are valuable. My main objection to Triple C and this applies to other Vitamin C products, too, is that often they are too "sticky" for my skin. They have a tendency to leave a film that fails to absorb, especially on my forehead. (Maybe it's the Xanthan Gum??? Or too much HA in the product???) That doesn't mean I don't use these products, I do use them and think they're worth the $$. It's just that I would prefer to use a Triple C or any other C Serum that absorbs well & will "disappear" into my skin. But, as we all know, everyone's skin is different!

My concern now is that the Triple C I have (the one with L-Ascorbic Acid) is a lower pH and that I should adjust my routine accordingly. I looked on Prof Solutions' and other web sites, but none of them listed Triple C's pH. If I get a chance, I'll try to look it up on old SCB posts as I think we discussed the original Triple C's pH a while back. Though that still wouldn't verify the pH of the product I'm currently using. Until then, I'll treat it as a lower pH product and apply it earlier in my routine than I have been doing.

Smile
Edited to add: Thank you, scallawaggirl, for answering my question!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hisdoc,

thank you so much for your thoughtful answer.

That also explains why 25% C went bad and Triple C had not, even though I bought them at the same time.

How long does it take before you see any results? Is anything immediate expected?

Thanks,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
My concern now is that the Triple C I have (the one with L-Ascorbic Acid) is a lower pH and that I should adjust my routine accordingly. I looked on Prof Solutions' and other web sites, but none of them listed Triple C's pH. If I get a chance, I'll try to look it up on old SCB posts as I think we discussed the original Triple C's pH a while back. Though that still wouldn't verify the pH of the product I'm currently using. Until then, I'll treat it as a lower pH product and apply it earlier in my routine than I have been doing.

Hisdoc, this is my recollection of the discussion about the ph of Triple C on the Skincareboard....people reported that Professional Solutions told them that the Triple C was ph 2.5. This didn't jive with what other people had heard or had tested the product and found...others (possibly Debbie as well), said that the Triple C was ph 7. If it was ph 7, then that would render the l-ascorbic acid useless. After some effort, Diana or Debbie was able to talk to someone else at Professional Solutions who admitted that the Triple C really was ph 7. Based on that information, and the realization that the l-ascorbic acid would be completely useless at that ph, Diana requested the new formulation to exclude l-ascorbic acid. Hence the new product with no l-ascorbic acid. One thing that this episode pointed out is that not all of the staff working at Professional Solutions uderstood their own products very well, and they were giving out incorrect information for quite a while.... Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Hisdoc, this is my recollection of the discussion about the ph of Triple C on the Skincareboard....people reported that Professional Solutions told them that the Triple C was ph 2.5. This didn't jive with what other people had heard or had tested the product and found...others (possibly Debbie as well), said that the Triple C was ph 7. If it was ph 7, then that would render the l-ascorbic acid useless. After some effort, Diana or Debbie was able to talk to someone else at Professional Solutions who admitted that the Triple C really was ph 7. Based on that information, and the realization that the l-ascorbic acid would be completely useless at that ph, Diana requested the new formulation to exclude l-ascorbic acid. Hence the new product with no l-ascorbic acid. One thing that this episode pointed out is that not all of the staff working at Professional Solutions uderstood their own products very well, and they were giving out incorrect information for quite a while.... Confused

Ah, I vaguely recall this discussion on the skincare board. I just tested the Ph of my triple C and it is indeed 6.5, which now that you noted the details, would seem to render the L-Ascorbic useless. Go figure. Perhaps, I was getting my benefits (glow, etc.) from the combination of C 25% and the Triple C??? I bought both of mine from skincarecentral.biz so that would explain the difference in formulation. Now, I am ticked, though, because I will have to do some further searching for a low-Ph product as I don't want to futz around w/my routine much more. Ugh.

Off to test the Ph of my PSF berry antioxidant now, dang.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I am using the version of Triple C from skincarecentral.biz and I still get the glow. I use no other vit. C. product....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I am using the version of Triple C from skincarecentral.biz and I still get the glow. I use no other vit. C. product....

I am so confused by this. Poco, do you think the L-Ascorbic is rendered useless, then, at that high Ph?

Tested the PSF and it's at 5.5 (or lower - that's as far as my test strips go).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's what I think. I still like the product though. Lots of people loved it, even before this info came to light....
hisdoc
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, guys, for refreshing my memory of TripleC & the pH discussion. What you both wrote is what I remember, too, now that you've nudged my memory.

And thank you again, scallawaggirl, for testing your Triple C. From what Deb taught us, l-ascorbic acid indeed is rendered "useless" if it's formulated at a high pH. So, the l-ascorbic acid in your & my TripleC is not performing as we'd want it to. However, I wasn't using my Triple C for its (unknown to me until yesterday) l-ascorbic acid. I'm using it for the MAP and for its non-acidic formulation. To my knowledge, MAP is still effective at the higher pH.

As Poco said, lots of people reported on SBC that they achieved nice results from the l-ascorbic acid TripleC, even with its higher pH. My very uneducated guess is that, for some reason, this particular formulation is responsible for the "glow" that many people (including me) experienced.

I also appreciate your giving us an idea of PSF's BB pH. Though BB doesn't contain Vitamin C, it helps to know the pH for application order. I've been applying it before amine DMAE anyway, simply because BB is a serum and PSF's amine DMAE is a gel ~ now it appears that order fits in well for the pH factor, too. Unless someone more knowledgeable tells me differently, that's how I'll keep applying these. (Totally off topic but, so far, I am in love with these PSF products.)
hisdoc
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
thank you so much for your thoughtful answer.

You're welcome ~ glad I helped, rather than just muddying the waters!

sigma wrote:
How long does it take before you see any results? Is anything immediate expected?

Thanks,
Lucy.

I don't know... Smile Sorry, I'm not being flippant, but truly I don't know. I can only tell you my experience ~ once I began using a good Vitamin C formulation (summer 2005), as best I can recall the "glow" was apparent within just a couple to a few weeks. (I think I was using both DY's 25%C and TripleC at the time - definitely was using TripleC.) And, according to the scientific studies and from what Deb taught us on SCB, a good Vitamin C formulation has been proven to build collagen over time, but as to how quickly that happens, I suppose it's very individual and a multitude of factors (environment, diet, skin care routine, etc etc etc) play a role. If you want to get an idea of when you might expect to see results, I'd recommend you do some searches on the net, including on PubMed and other government sites. Reading those abstracts & seeing the reports of the length of the studies & what results were seen at the end might give you an idea of time. I used to have many of these studies bookmarked, but switched computers so no longer have them to share, sorry.

Taking before & after photos is always useful, too, 'cause we tend to forget what we used to look like.

Because of this thread's discussion, I've been thinking about that TripleC "glow"...I wonder if possibly I still have that glow and am just so used to it now??? I've been using Vitamin C for quite awhile and, in general, like how my skin looks as far as color, etc. Currently I also use Vivant's SpinTrap (an l-ascorbic acid product), which may play a role. Just thinking aloud...

Sorry I couldn't better answer your questions.
Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
The Triple C from DY has PH 8 or above.

I am not sure what excatly that means - how effective is the product, at what point in the routine should it be applied, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
It just means that if you need to apply an acidic product as part of your routine, you want to put it on BEFORE you put on an alkaline product (above ph 7). So a BHA/AHA or l-ascorbic acid serum would fall into that category.

With the new DMAE serum from PSF, Darren is breaking that "rule," because he is trying to emulate the exact procedure used during clinical trials. So even though DMAE is alkaline, he is recommending to apply it first, before other products. If you wait about 10 minutes before applying another product, your skin can get part of the way back to its normal ph by the time you put on your next product.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Poco.

At least now I understand what I shall be doing.

Thanks again,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
It just means that if you need to apply an acidic product as part of your routine, you want to put it on BEFORE you put on an alkaline product (above ph 7). So a BHA/AHA or l-ascorbic acid serum would fall into that category.

With the new DMAE serum from PSF, Darren is breaking that "rule," because he is trying to emulate the exact procedure used during clinical trials. So even though DMAE is alkaline, he is recommending to apply it first, before other products. If you wait about 10 minutes before applying another product, your skin can get part of the way back to its normal ph by the time you put on your next product.

Thanks Poco for clearing this up. So if I am using Candy's 6%DMAE, Super Serum and Candy's skin lightening serum, would the order be this:

Super Serum
DMAE
skin lightening serum

and if I'm going to use PSF's DMAE it should be:

PSF DMAE
Super Serum
skin lightening serum?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Well,

Darren at PSF would agree that the order of application for their DMAE would be

1. DMAE (wait 10-15 minutes)
2. Super Serum
3. Skin lightening serum

For me personally, because of the high ph of the DMAE I would not put it on first even though the Johnson & Johnson trials did it that way. I would always do it like this:

1. Super Serum (wait 5-10 minutes)
2. Skin lightening serum
3. DMAE (regardless of which brand you use).

My rationale is that I still think that putting on a vit C serum that depends on a low ph on top of a DMAE with high ph, is not the best protocol. I would do it this other way if it were me.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Poco...finally, someone puts it down for me in black & white.. all this ph talk was making my head spin. Embarassed

Candy has a skin lightening product now? I am running out of face Rolling Eyes
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
No, I would not agree. I would not recommend putting super serum overtop of an amine DMAE, even if you waited the full 20 minutes. I would use it at the opposite end of the day (AM or PM). I would not use the low pH product and high pH product at the same time of day, if possible.

PocoLoco wrote:
Well,

Darren at PSF would agree that the order of application for their DMAE would be

1. DMAE (wait 10-15 minutes)
2. Super Serum
3. Skin lightening serum

For me personally, because of the high ph of the DMAE I would not put it on first even though the Johnson & Johnson trials did it that way. I would always do it like this:

1. Super Serum (wait 5-10 minutes)
2. Skin lightening serum
3. DMAE (regardless of which brand you use).

My rationale is that I still think that putting on a vit C serum that depends on a low ph on top of a DMAE with high ph, is not the best protocol. I would do it this other way if it were me.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |