Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Has anyone tried the PerfectLash Comb?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I was searching in the internet for a metal eyelash comb (as recommended by Carekate and Scally) as I can't seem to locate one in Australia when I came across this website.

http://www.perfectlash.com/

Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Nope, haven't heard of it and it doesn't look anything like the one that I use...in fact, that one looks like it would be more awkward and difficult to work with.

Do you have the Tweezerman brand available down there? They make a nice lash metal-toothed lash comb that is similar to the one/s I use. The biggest key is that the lash comb have metal teeth because those ones with plastic teeth are completely useless....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Carekate

Is your Tweezerman eyelash comb the same one that is on sale here on EDS ie the retractable one?

I am not sure if Tweezerman is available in Australia. I haven't seen it in the shops but there appears to be several online shops selling it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/tweezerman-folding-ilashc-p_4463.htm This Tweezerman is completely identical to my Sonia Kashuk lash comb -- so identical,in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually manufactured at the same plant and simply slapped with two different logos/brands!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have the tweezerman one and it does the job fine. I may not all the lashes in one fell swoop, but that's not a huge deal to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
I was searching in the internet for a metal eyelash comb (as recommended by Carekate and Scally) as I can't seem to locate one in Australia when I came across this website.

http://www.perfectlash.com/

Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

At first glance, that thing looks like it would be really dangerous! But in looking at the features, I think its actually really neat, if not a bit on the pricey side. However, I think it would be really no different than using the style comb CareKate recommends and it may possibly more cumbersome, unless you develop a way to use it like how the model pictured is using it - basically holding it near the eye, blinking and combing through all the lashes at once. Just my 2 cents!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I will admit I've poked myself pretty good a few times trying to get to the root of the lashes..ouch. Just becareful with using these combs. The ends are REALLY sharp, almost as sharp as needle pins..or I swear they're basically needle pins all lined up in a comb.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I will admit I've poked myself pretty good a few times trying to get to the root of the lashes..ouch. Just becareful with using these combs. The ends are REALLY sharp, almost as sharp as needle pins..or I swear they're basically needle pins all lined up in a comb.
I'll concur with that!

I actually got an el cheapo lash comb at a local drugstore (LaCross brand) that was metal but it didn't have the sharp pointy tines and the tines weren't as long either so it was less "threatening" to use. In fact, that's the one I started out using (because I was afraid of the Sonia K/Tweezerman version!) until I became accustomed to using a metal lash comb near my eyeball...but then again, I have a severe eyeball phobia anyway! I can't even look at someone putting in their contact lenses without getting freaked/grossed out! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Found the Tweezerman lash comb in Sydney

It does look a bit frightening. It's nearly double what I have to pay to get it from EDS. Rolling Eyes I wonder if I have the patience to wait until my next order from EDS ...

My daughter uses a bristle like lash comb from Shu Uemura and she swears by it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
How do you use it? from above the lashes or below, near the eye?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this in the hope a lash expert sees my question - i.e how to use the comb? TIA
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
How do you use it? from above the lashes or below, near the eye?
Either or both. I comb through my lashes in the same manner that I would apply mascara, then -- depending upon how tangled my lashes are -- I might close my eye half-way shut and then comb thru the top of my lashes.

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Tweezerman comb. It did a good job, but it always made me nervous to have such sharp needles so close to my eyeball! I ended up giving it away.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Tx guys. I apply mascara from inside out, so the brush would have to go the same direction... That's nerve racking! Shock
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I have a pipe cleaner brush like the bottom right one in the image.

After applying mascara, i let it dry and then twirl this brush through my lashes. It completely eliminates any clumps and then i reapply mascara and repeat with the brush. You can get incredible eyelashes that way...not sharp spointy objects near the eyeball either! ;

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.anothercoffee.co.uk/images/products/400104M01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.anothercoffee.co.uk/products/item400104.aspx&h=220&w=300&sz=8&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=Lrdq8tHMnvEIeM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpipe%2Bcleaner%2Bbrush%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26c2coff%3D1%26rls%3DGGLR,GGLR:2006-09,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's ingenious, rosyface. Great idea!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |