Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
anybody break out from decleor oils?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the samples of rose d'orient and angelique that EDS included with my last order, used them(at different times) for about 3 days, and I now have those little underground bumps all along my chin line. No other changes, so I'm guessing that's what has done it. My skin is red, too, and feels angry(not that this is new for me - my skin gets angry if you look at it wrong Confused )
But I'm a bit surprised - I used Dr. H normalizing oil with great results, and my skin LOVES jojoba, so I didn't expect anything negative.
Anyone else have negative experiences with decleor oils?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have the neroli oil and it breaks me out. I so wanted to like it, when I tried the sample it was okay, but when I bought the full size bottle and after using it for three days I started to develop some bumpiness. When I stopped, my skin was smooth again, so I'm guessing its the neroli oil that's the culprit. Even now when I'm using other things and go back to it, my skin gets bumpy again.

I have no problems with othet Decleor stuff; in fact I love love love Decleor. just not the oils.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've had no problems with the ylang ylang, though when I experimented with the angelique around my eye area (before bed) I somehow ended up with an infected tear duct (it clogged than got infected) while on my vacation. Needless to say, I didn't go back to my angelique sample. I have an iris sample and have used it in drier areas...I don't put it on very much.

I'm stickin' to my ylang ylang!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
i have read on MUA that angelique may cause irritation or break outs. ive never tried it though. rose d'orient i have mixed feelings about because my skin doesnt look that great when i use it. but ylang ylang and iris work well for me, no breakouts.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a sample of the Neroli too and had breakouts after 3 days. I went back to jojoba oil and I'm ok. So, I'm sticking to jojoba - better for my skin and my wallet (unusual combo)! Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I use both ylang ylang and aromaessence brightening oil (not together) and no problems. In fact I find that Decleor is very gentle and I love love love it.

That said I have had reactions to their eye products, the experience del'age and vitaroma eye products (mask and eye cream) made my eyes sting. I think that whatever the uses of aromatherapy oils or other ingredients in their products they do not do well near the eyes for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've said this all over this forum but I'll say it again; I love Decleor. My skin is usually very sensitive so I am picky about products. I'm also leary of trying new things once I find something that works because I've had such bad experiences in the past. When I found this forum a few years ago I read so many good things about Decleor I gave it a try and have used it since. The oils you mention are for drier skin which could be part of the problem. I use ylang ylang and neroli and love them both. I use them alone alternating between the two and have had great results. I tried them with moisturizer but that it a bit too much for my skin. Could be you are sensitive to the fragrance too?
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
you have to use the oils very sparingly - just 2-3drops on the finger tips is enough for the whole face and neck.

When you broke out, how much oil did you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi VL, for me just the 3 drops applied sparingly did it. So, I think that the Neroli really isn't for me. I amy try the YY in the summer.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I have heard about the use of the oils from Decleor and Darphin: The essential oils in the product works on correcting problems in the deeper layers of the skin, they are so pure that they can penetrate deeply, and this can bring problems to the surface. They work on balancing the skin and act like a detox for the skin.

This is my own experience: When I started using Darphin, which contains a higher concentration of essential oils than Decleor, I had the most curious break outs above and around my ears. I remembered always getting little bumps around my temples and on my forehead and stuck with the oil. My skin settled down and looked great and it did help with the bumps as well.

My other positive experience was with the Aromessence Slendisium by Decleor which got rid of my cellulite in one bottle. Now, I have to add that I tried this product again after Shiseido bought Decleor and it just did not give the same results. I have also noticed a lot of changes in the other Decleor products and I don't use this line anymore...
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
hmm - maybe it was purging
I know I didn't apply too much, so that isn't it. But I do have some pretty severe tiny white bumps all over my chin and jaw bone. They are slowly going away, but YUCK, I don't want those again. I guess I'll stick to my jojoba and Dr. H day oil - too bad, cause I loved the smell of the rose oil
Thanks for all your comments
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue wrote:
I tried the samples of rose d'orient and angelique that EDS included with my last order, used them(at different times) for about 3 days, and I now have those little underground bumps all along my chin line. No other changes, so I'm guessing that's what has done it. My skin is red, too, and feels angry(not that this is new for me - my skin gets angry if you look at it wrong Confused )
But I'm a bit surprised - I used Dr. H normalizing oil with great results, and my skin LOVES jojoba, so I didn't expect anything negative.
Anyone else have negative experiences with decleor oils?

The Angelique oil is for dry skin. For those who need something like Ylang Ylang it (the Angelique) is too much of a good thing. I use the Ylang Ylang and alternately the Rose d'Orient. Iris and Angelique will have to wait for the colder months and then used sparingly. Actually I use both in my hands as not to waste anything.

I'm going to need some more YY as I accidentally dropped the bottle this morning and watched as it did a triple flip to the floor...I now have well moisturised carpets Embarassed
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
[
I'm going to need some more YY as I accidentally dropped the bottle this morning and watched as it did a triple flip to the floor...I now have well moisturised carpets Embarassed

Don't you hate that? I dropped my eye cream this morning and was on my floor trying to scoop it and put it on my hands.... oh well!
mud2005
5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it is psychological or not.

But after I apply the Ylang Ylang oil to my face I feel it becomes more "greasy." I just started using it 2 days ago so maybe its just a new feeling.

But I prefer using it on days where I am not going out because it does have a strong smell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Rufus wrote:
[

Don't you hate that? I dropped my eye cream this morning and was on my floor trying to scoop it and put it on my hands.... oh well!

Yes, it sucks to clumsy Brick wall
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |