Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

why are their eye balls so white??!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
how the hell do celebs get the whites of their eyes SO white and not bloodshot at all??

I have read the posts here about those eye drops and about the tricks with white eyeliners, etc., but this whiteness goes beyond anything that I can see make-up fooling me into believing.

I have been watching some recent interviews with celebs visiting Japan to promote TV shows and movies and was totally DAZZLED by Hallie Berry and Mischa Barton (who, GASP, uses Clinique highlighter!)

In video clips and photos I am always sceptical because of digital enhancements, but I truly doubt if anything was done to the footage of these junkets.

I NEED TO KNOW THE SECRET. My eyes are so dull (yes, I know sleep, water, vitamins... but REALLY there has to be some little miracle out there, doesn't there?!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm on a "that's brilliant" kick today and think this post meets that criteria. Wish I had some insight but I am most interested in other opinions....

Oh, and listen, all these tips are both breaking my bank and making me look good. I'm not sure I could take the red squigglies being gone, as well. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere eating less meat and more veggies contributes to whiter eyes. Other than that... gee, I dunno! I wear contacts so all I use is some rewetting solution every now and again. Generally, my eyes are fairly white.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I would LOVE to know, too. I have this vein that popped up about 3 months ago and will NOT go away. It looks like I have a red dot in my eye and I hate, hate, hate it! Mad I started using Opcon drops for allergies and it makes my eyes very white, except for that hateful vein! I wonder if there is some procedure at the
opthamologist(sp)? that can be done?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
A beyonce was another who had these lilly-white eye balls.. I dunno maybe the whiteness of their eyeballs (it was almost unnatural Laughing) on her and Ms. Berry is highlighted by the darkness of their skin (oh god, if that is the case I am doooomed), but that does not explain it in full. Anyone got Beyonce's cell number so we can call her and ask?

5% products discount

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
My guess is it's mostly herediatary especially with regard to people with color.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
If you saw it in magazines, it's a trick called "Photoshop". Wink My cousin works in the advertising industry and his job is to brush up photographs of models/celebs for a fashion magazine. He brought me into his work one day and showed me some of the tricks he does- airbrushing, making eyeballs and teeth whiter, cutting out cellulite and even putting in shadows in swimsuit shots to make the models look like they've got abs!

With regards to people of color, especially darker skinned people, their dark skin serves as a contrast to their teeth, making the teeth/eyeballs seem whiter. That's why you hardly see super white teeth/eyeballs on very pale ppl. It's all relative. Just my observation.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
There's also special eyedrops just to whiten your eyes, they're not for allergies or anything like that. They use it for movies and tv. I saw part of a show on E! that had a bunch of old reality stars making a movie, and when Tonya from the Real World put the drops in, she had an allergic reaction and had to go to the hospital.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...less time looking at a computer screen catching up on the latest skincare tips...?! Laughing
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
It would be cool to know any safe tricks to whiten my eyes. Staring at computer more than 10 hours a day does not help at all. Everyone kept telling me about my bloodshot eyes day in and out. I am taking supplements (for general better health for eyes) but I have to be more diligent about it. ARGH!! Ok.. I'm whining.. Sorry but it'll be nice to know how to improve it.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
There's also special eyedrops just to whiten your eyes, they're not for allergies or anything like that. They use it for movies and tv. I saw part of a show on E! that had a bunch of old reality stars making a movie, and when Tonya from the Real World put the drops in, she had an allergic reaction and had to go to the hospital.

That could explain it I guess. I was really struck by how beautiful Mischa Barton's eyes were in general - now I know I might be a bit slow on the uptake, but remember I live a sheltered existance in Japan and the OC only arrived on TV here a couple of months ago. Laughing (OK, to be honest, I had seen pics and film of her before but was never blown away by her, but in this candid afternoon she just looked beautiful.. I guess she could just be "growning into" her body now that she is getting older.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
I am taking supplements (for general better health for eyes) but I have to be more diligent about it.

What kind of supplements?
dragonfruit
5% products discount

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
There is an eye drop called Mavala EyeLite which clears up any redness instantly.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
dragonfruit wrote:
There is an eye drop called Mavala EyeLite which clears up any redness instantly.

Everywhere I look it seems to say "discontinued" and I see in 2004 Australia did a full product recall over preservative issues... I wonder if it is off the market?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I would have thought alot of it would be down to diet, and if you get paid $10 for a movie, you can sure afford to eat the best food in the world!

I've never used them myself, but I have heard that those eye whitening drops aren't particularly good for your eyes if you use on a regular basis, I think long time they could have the opposite effect!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim,

Do you wear contacts? I had a problem with my RGB lenses a few years ago; they were too tight and "suffocating" my eyes, they always seem more red after that happened.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
tiger_tim,

Do you wear contacts? I had a problem with my RGB lenses a few years ago; they were too tight and "suffocating" my eyes, they always seem more red after that happened.

Not any more! I had lasik almost 4 months ago. The redness is not from that as I had it long before.. I guess a lot of it is due to PC use. Don't get me wrong I dont have terribly bloodshot eyes or anything, but I would like my whites to be a bit brigher.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
Goofygal wrote:
I am taking supplements (for general better health for eyes) but I have to be more diligent about it.

What kind of supplements?

I'm taking Ocular Formula from GNC and it's online description is:
* May help maintain eyesight.
* Focuses on Vitamin A, bilberry fruit extract and lutein for dietary support for eye health.*

It's for the general eye health and if you are already taking supplements with bilberry fruit extract, you are covered.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Don't they also line the lower rim of the eye with a white pencil? A pink/white one works better in real life, the camera tends to hide it some on tv, ect. I know Princess Diana did this often, if you really look at photos, you can see it sometimes.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm..i never really noticed celebrities and their eyeballs. Now that i think of it and look at pictures of myself, my eyeballs are pretty white. But then again so is my skin so i guess it all blends together:/

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
I would have thought alot of it would be down to diet, and if you get paid $10 for a movie, you can sure afford to eat the best food in the world!

I've never used them myself, but I have heard that those eye whitening drops aren't particularly good for your eyes if you use on a regular basis, I think long time they could have the opposite effect!

uuumm $10? I think I meant $10 million dollars!
I don't think you'd have very healthy eyeballs if you were living on $10!!!!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
preenie wrote:

uuumm $10? I think I meant $10 million dollars!
I don't think you'd have very healthy eyeballs if you were living on $10!!!!! Shock

hey..i live on $10:( I am a poor college student, haha.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
oh no!Sad do you have bad eyeballs? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Nuh uh, my eyeballs are very nice. and my diet isn't the best either (my junk food weaknesses.) Perhaps genetics plays a role?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
My eyeballs have always been pretty white. *checks mirror* But then, I have a dark tan, so it's probably the contrast. I think my eyes stay pretty moist, due to my contact lenses. So maybe that helps keep them white and bright. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |