Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dry patch on my face..how do I get rid of it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I noticed a few days ago that I have this dry patch right under my left cheek. It's only on one side too. It's a little rough and feels dry. Not sure why it's there or really when it actually popped up. I'm moisturizing with emu and HA serum so I know I'm not *dry*. It's only on one cheek too and it's not any reactions to anything. It's really starting to just frustrate me. I've even done a peel over it and it's still there Confused .

Any advice on how to get rid of this, do I just need a good exfoliation in that one spot?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Is it red? It kind of sounds like a rash! Try dabbing some hydrocortisone on it. I get little red, rough patches on my cheek from time to time, and I do as little as possible to them (don't want to irritate the already 'compromised' skin), just the cortisone cream, and they go away in a day or so.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
That's the thing..it's not a rash..it's not red or irritated, it's just a stubborn patch of dry skin. But it basically feels dry like a rash..ugh.

Maybe I need to just exfoliate that spot with a pad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hum, well I would just do a very gentle exfoliation, and if that doesn't work, then try a calming product, something with oatmeal in it (which is also moisturizing). I guess I'm afraid to say "exfoliate' because my experience is exfoliation will help skin that's flaky, but what you're describing sound more like some sort of irritation. Question It's probably transient, though, and will most likely go away on it's own...
florayen
5% products discount

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I also get a dry patch on one side of my cheek pretty often (very often the same spot). It's not really red and doesn't itch. I gently exfoliate that area with a scrub before applying moisturizer and it usually goes away in a few days.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
aries, if I remember correctly you're in Chicago, and I know it's starting to get cold there recently. (It's been getting cold here in Cleveland too... my face still looks great thanks to the wonders of Zenbiotic, but my hands are already developing the tell-tale dry patches, argh!!) So, even though you've been moisturizing your face just may be reacting to the change in temp. You might want to try stepping up your moisture routine by throwing in a moisture mask (I use the one from Beauty Without Cruelty--- it's way cheap and I think you can get it at Whole Foods) and a moisture spritz like the Zenbiotic phyto moisture under your HA. Keep us updated!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,

Hmm..good point, for some reason I didn't even think of that, silly me.

I may try that, thanks for the advice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
My typically oily/normal skin gets a bit rough in colder months and I use my sons aquaphor or eczema cream by mustela on dry patches and it's usually gone or much better by morning. Hope that helps.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Did you ever try using Elizabeth Ardens eight hour cream at night I often do for dry spots its very greasy (but not pore clogging grease)but with good qualities that treat dry spots and anti inflammatory properties. See if you can get a sample which would go a long way
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
The Clarisonic is great for dry patches!! I used to get dry patches around my nose but not anymore!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
The brush?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yup! It's like having the spa at home! Very Happy Refines texture by getting rid of dry patches, decongesting pores, eliminating blackheads. I never go for facials anymore. You'll save $ in the long run!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Geeze...so many gagdets I need to buy..this the baby quasar, dermaltone, derma wand..I'm so broke Neutral

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |