Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Want fast eyelash growth? Try MSM!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ashanti
5% products discount

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

This is simply a fabulous forum that I'm so pleased to have chanced upon.

I am Asian and unfortunately not blessed with lush or long eyelashes.. Sad So I am thrilled to read the reviews and recommendations all of you have on lash growth serums or creams and such.

Thanks Rita1 for letting us know about the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that you are using. Is it pure Coconut oil or is it a blend of other oils and with any essential oil or other ingredient/s in the blend? Do you apply it directly on your lash line? I'm gonna try the MSM and coconut oil combo and hope to have a luscious lashes soon. Very Happy JM is unfortunately too rich for my taste and I can't afford the price tag that comes with it. Sad

This is my very first post and I'm looking forward to reading and possibly participating here a lot more.

Cheers to all. Smile
Rita1

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
The coconut oil I use is "Extra Virgin Coconut Oil" and it has to say, "cold-pressed" somewhere on the bottle. I think Extra virgin coconut oil is normally cold-pressed, but I would just make sure. I had done some research on the web, so that was the best kind. It doesn't have anything additional added to it. It may be that you can only purchase that kind at a vitamin store. I read someplace that you can even use it in place of butter or cooking oil. There's no cholestrol in it. I'm new at using the coconut-oil, so, what I did was warm up the container in the microwave on high to melt some of the coconut oil, and I poured some into an applicator bottle. I applied it all over my scalp, massaging it, then I used the remainder all over the rest of my hair. I think I got too carried away. This morning, I had to shampoo several times to get the greasy look out, perhaps someone else out there has a better application method than I do??? I'm still in the learning phase here. Also, I have an extra tub of this stuff in my bathroom, and I slather the coconut oil onto my face around bedtime. I also used it to remove my eye makeup. Today, my eyes were bothering me alittle... maybe sensitivity or something, but I'm not quiting on it because of the lash growth results. I'll just have to figure out a way to apply alot less to my lashes. (I didn't use a wand yet, so that might make a difference).... so be careful how much you apply if your eyes are as sensitive as mine. I read on the web how someone did use extra-virgin coconut oil as her eye-makeup remover, so, I would think it shouldn't be harmful in moderation. I'll also have to keep you all up to date as to how it affects my complexion too along with the Baby-Q. Cause today, I've noticed that the skin around my eye area is tighter with the coconut oil. It's doing "something" and I can see the difference. It's too early to tell, but if I notice the fine line aroung the left side of my mouth dissapear, I will let you know.

Rita
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting with the coconut oil. I wonder if I can use the coconut oil that I have now or if I have to order the extra virgin coconut oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it has to be Extra Virgin. I just wanted to chime in that Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is fabulous for helping firm the neck and decollete. It's such a decadent, lovely skin food.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops, forgot. MSM is great, not only for the lashes, but alllll over! I use an MSM liposome lotion from the local healthfood store. Not long ago a friend said "I've noticed you have such nice skin. Of course, I don't know what the rest of your skin looks like but you DO have nice skin on your face." I laughed and told her that I'm trying to get my face up to par with the skin on the rest of me as my body is in better condition than my face.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
My other obsession is dogs and dog nutrition. On my dog nutrition board a ton of people (me included) feed extra virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil to their dogs .. really notice a nice, soft coat within days. And I love the taste too.

MSM - another product highly recommended for joint issues (human and canine). Along with glucosamine and chondritin.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
A good place to buy the expeller pressed coconut oil is the web Tropical Traditions. They have excellent products. I'm going to try it for the eyebrows and see if it helps. It is great on the skin. Razz
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
wow Rital thats great! I'm def. going to try MSM and coconut oil! Coconut oil seems to be a popular product on the site!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut oil is amazing on the hair, makes your hair soft and shiny. Its cheap and effective.
wila

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Dhc eyelash tonic is good too
it is only us 11.61
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I bought some MSM supplements after reading this thread. I think the benefits for skin/ hair is great (going to be keeping track of any differences!) but I was interested to read it helps with digestion. Lately I've been plagued with an acidy belly and the dr's can't find any reason for it. (My grandma tells me I inherited a belchy Hungarian gene Embarassed ) So I'm hoping for even just a slight improvement there.
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I did not know that MSM helps with digestion. If it does, then I'll give it a try.

Thanks vonstella for the info.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
violetanne - Haven't heard about digestion - it's great for joint pain. You could try enzymes or probiotics to help with digestion.

Probiotics are good bacteria and help with gas. I give my dogs probiotics every night. I've tried enzymes and it's helped with occasional heartburn.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
violetanne - Haven't heard about digestion - it's great for joint pain. You could try enzymes or probiotics to help with digestion.

Probiotics are good bacteria and help with gas. I give my dogs probiotics every night. I've tried enzymes and it's helped with occasional heartburn.

If you read this whole thread there's a bit of info about MSM and disgestion-- helps with prodcution of bile, etc. I don't expect it to heal me or anything, but I thought with the skin/nails/hair benefit it wouldn't hurt to try. Enzymes don't help me, but thanks for the suggestion. My problem has more to do with heartburn, upper digestion stuff.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
...My problem has more to do with heartburn, upper digestion stuff.

Just curious: have you ever tried a supplement containing activated charcoal (like the stuff in fish aquariums)? Don't look at me like that! Shock It really is supposed to help with absorbing excess stomach acid and stuff....

5% products discount

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I am not knocking MSM or those who take it, but in my research on it, I found this link and think that both sides should be looked at before taking any supplement....http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/msm.html

Just advocating care with supplements.

Donna
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Enzymes don't help me, but thanks for the suggestion. My problem has more to do with heartburn, upper digestion stuff.

That's what I have. A lot of my issues are triggered with coughing (allergies) which then irritates my esophagus. I also have periods where tomatoes, vinegar type foods trigger heartburn and acid reflux. Doc has me on AcipheX every now and then. Supposed to work faster and be a little more tolerant than Nexxium.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree, Donna. Great care should be taken when looking at supplements and everything should be well-researched. And quackwatch has a tremendous amount of great info.

Having said that....One of the supplements quackwatch and the FDA is vehemently against did more for my joint pain in less than a week than any other supplements or topicals I've ever tried. I've been taking it for more than 3 years and won't go a day without it.
minivanmom
5% products discount

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Good for you Arielle. Isn't the internet great? I feel sooooo much more informed because of the research resources here.

Donna
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I totally agree, Donna. Great care should be taken when looking at supplements and everything should be well-researched. And quackwatch has a tremendous amount of great info.

Having said that....One of the supplements quackwatch and the FDA is vehemently against did more for my joint pain in less than a week than any other supplements or topicals I've ever tried. I've been taking it for more than 3 years and won't go a day without it.

What supplement for joint pain are you referring to? TIA
ashanti
5% products discount

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had begun apply cold pressed (extra virgin) coconut oil on my lashes since 5 days ago and I don't notice any marked difference in length or volume of my lashes. Certainly not the overnight growth sensation that Rita experienced. Sad I apply it twice daily - afternoon and night.direct to the lash growth line.

Being in South East Asia, we have coconuts galore and I certainly got the pure stuff. Maybe I should use it and take MSM supplements?

I am persisting though and won't give up just yet. I can't get Ardell or Lucia here and JM is way out of my purse's league. Coconut oil seems the only affordable solution for me at the moment, unless someone has other suggestions.

TIA Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
ashanti wrote:
I had begun apply cold pressed (extra virgin) coconut oil on my lashes since 5 days ago and I don't notice any marked difference in length or volume of my lashes. Certainly not the overnight growth sensation that Rita experienced. Sad I apply it twice daily - afternoon and night.direct to the lash growth line.

Being in South East Asia, we have coconuts galore and I certainly got the pure stuff. Maybe I should use it and take MSM supplements?

I am persisting though and won't give up just yet. I can't get Ardell or Lucia here and JM is way out of my purse's league. Coconut oil seems the only affordable solution for me at the moment, unless someone has other suggestions.

TIA Smile
Give it at least a month before you throw in the towel. After that, if you want to try Ardell, I'll be happy to CP a tube and ship it to you -- just PM me in 30 days to work something out!

5% products discount

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie

Thanks very much for the offer - Will send you a PM too.

Cheers and have a great Wednesday. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |