Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vitamins and supplements for healthy skin - what works?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Who has taken vitamins or other supplements that have improved the skin? What works for people?

priscilla
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
i need to control acne and i take flax seed oil, zinc and milk thistle supplements, and they have been working.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
hendricks,
questions for you:
where do you get your supplements?
what dosages and how often?
thanks!
priscilla
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I take Flax seed oil and an antioxidant formula that contains green tea, pycnogenol, pomegranate and grape seed extract.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
There's another thread about this..let me search for it and post it..I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

This is what I take,

flaxseed oil
primerose oil
zinc
copper

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I take this one
http://www.vitacost.com/New-Chapter-Every-Womans-Inner-Beauty
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Now that my horrible hormonal cystic acne is under control, i attribute it to:

Udo's blend of Omega 3-6-9
Zinc
Vit A, B complex, D
in addition to my multivite.

My skin, hair and nails have been looking quite healthy lately.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
There's another thread about this..let me search for it and post it..I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

This is what I take,

flaxseed oil
primerose oil
zinc
copper

ariesextreme,
are these from a local drug store? how much do you take?
priscilla
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, you can definitely find the latter 3 in drugstores in the vitamin and supplement aisles. The flaxseed I ordered online from iherb, but I'm pretty sure you can find those at a local health store if not GNC may have it.

For the flaxseed they come in capsule or fluid..I take 1 tbspoon a day mixed that in with my morning cranberry juice. One zinc tablet forget the mg..think it's 100 mg...and 20 or 30 of copper. I'll have to double check the bottles when I get home. The primerose I take twice daily of 1000 mg tablets each.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ariesextreme! how have these improved your skin, do you think? overall skin tone? brightness? fewer blemishes? i know that it can be hard to attribute specific improvements to a single product (or supplement), but i would still very much appreciate your overall impression.

thanks again!

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely with the flaxseed although it's only been a few weeks I can see my skin better hydrated. Better tone overall and no blemishes. I believe both the zinc and copper helps with acne if my memory serves me right. Shoot, let me try to dig up this chart I had which tells you which supplements are good for what....

Give me a few to scrounge that up if I can..it may have been posted on a different thread too.

Here's the link to the thread, that chart I'm talking about I must have found it on the net...will try to look for that because it was REALLY helpful

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16070&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
GNC's Essential Fatty Acids 369 works for me!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Tonic Alchemey from Dragonherbs is a full 71 minerals, vits and antioxidents in one scoop. I mix it with about 8 oz, of OJ and down it every morning (plus my half gallon of water daily). Helps keep your skin and body healthy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
try naturebounty for skin, hair and nail.
Price is reasonable and great value when it's on sale for buy one get one free.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="adrianaL"]I take Flax seed oil and an antioxidant formula that contains green tea, pycnogenol, pomegranate and grape seed extract.[/quote]

Adriana, could you please tell me the brand of the vitamin supplement that you're taking that has all those wonderful vitamins in one pill? or anyway, I'm assuming it's one pill. I keep reading over and over about the absolute wonders of pomegranates (sp?) Anyway, please let us know. Many thanks!
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Tonic Alchemey from Dragonherbs is a full 71 minerals, vits and antioxidents in one scoop. I mix it with about 8 oz, of OJ and down it every morning (plus my half gallon of water daily). Helps keep your skin and body healthy.

AnnieR,
Can you post the link to a website where this is available?
thanks for the info!
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Definitely with the flaxseed although it's only been a few weeks I can see my skin better hydrated. Better tone overall and no blemishes. I believe both the zinc and copper helps with acne if my memory serves me right. Shoot, let me try to dig up this chart I had which tells you which supplements are good for what....

Give me a few to scrounge that up if I can..it may have been posted on a different thread too.

Here's the link to the thread, that chart I'm talking about I must have found it on the net...will try to look for that because it was REALLY helpful

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16070&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WOW. Some people are taking 15 pills per day! Exclamation

I would love to see the chart if you can find it. The flaxseed oil, zinc, and copper sound like good bets for my skin type, but some antioxidants (pomegranate, green tea, etc.?) might also be a good idea. Thank you to everyone for posting.

priscilla

MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

Annie, how did you find out about DragonHerbs? A friend of mine suggested I see a Chinese herbalist or a naturopath, and when I saw your description of all the goodies contained in Tonic Alchemy, I went to dragonherbs.com to check out the product.

Ron Teeguarden and DragonHerbs are located in Santa Monica, which is all of 5-10 minutes from me here in West LA! They are just down Wilshire from UCLA, going toward the beach. Do you know if they do consultations? I could not find that information on their website. TIA! Very Happy
dragonfruit
5% products discount

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Marine Omega Oil works for me, great for hair and skin.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I alternate between Udo's Oil 3-6-9 and Progressive Ultimate EFA for Adult Women...
http://www.befit.ca/EFAW60.html

They've helped to calm down my cystic acne.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Priscilla,

I can't find the link but I do have the print out at home and I swore I brought it with me this morning but can't find it in the bag. I'll bring it Monday and type it out for you. Basically it breaks down the supplements that are good for you in categories, 1) Acne 2) Hair Problems 3)Healthy skin

From what I recall, primerose, flaxseed oil, vitamin A,B,C Zinc, Copper, Borage oil and a few others that I can't recall. Doesn't meant for you to take all these, but you pick and choose from the list.

They even give you dosage amounts, zinc should be 30 mg/day and copper 2mg/day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
lefeme,

Hi,

I buy from vitacost.com the maker is named Nutraceutical sciences (NSI) its called Super ORAC Antioxidant complex. (grape skin extract, green tea, grape seed and pycnogenol all in one pill)

Green Tea& Berry blend contains:BerryVin High ORAC berries(strawberries, blueberries, escobillo, blackberries, cranberries, grape extract and pomegranate)
Green tea &PomActiv Pomegranate extract (all in one pill as well)

I havent been sick in over a year since I have started taking these pills and my the skin all over my body has never been so clear and soft. I even feel like I have better night vision. These are things I have noticed since taking them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Priscilla,

I can't find the link but I do have the print out at home and I swore I brought it with me this morning but can't find it in the bag. I'll bring it Monday and type it out for you. Basically it breaks down the supplements that are good for you in categories, 1) Acne 2) Hair Problems 3)Healthy skin

From what I recall, primerose, flaxseed oil, vitamin A,B,C Zinc, Copper, Borage oil and a few others that I can't recall. Doesn't meant for you to take all these, but you pick and choose from the list.

They even give you dosage amounts, zinc should be 30 mg/day and copper 2mg/day.

cool. i look forward to seeing the list and making some judicious choices...given my overzealous sampling of skincare products, the last thing i need to do is become a supplement junkie Smile

poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi for those of you that's taking flaxseed oil, the cheaper and better alternative is buy grounded flaxseed from your local grocer. It is more healthy and cheaper, you can just add it to your milk, cereal or whatever. The flaxseed oil pills usually contains lots of fillers and not that much flaxseed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
Hi for those of you that's taking flaxseed oil, the cheaper and better alternative is buy grounded flaxseed from your local grocer. It is more healthy and cheaper, you can just add it to your milk, cereal or whatever. The flaxseed oil pills usually contains lots of fillers and not that much flaxseed.

What about taking the oil in liquid, not pills?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |