Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How did I end up with so many eye creams and lip balms?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
OK, I have been through "gluts" of products before (I have about 8 masks and a couple more I dont use... ), but the number of eye creams and lip balms I have accumulated recently is alarming! Laughing

Eye creams:
- Suisse Program Firming Eye serum (currently my daily product)
- Cellcosmet eye cream (OK, granted this is a sample pot I started using just to give this product a second chance)
- Celcosmet ultra Gel (supposed to be the follow-on for when suisse runs out)
- Juvena night eye treatment (gift)
- Simplicite firming eye cream (gift)
- PSF cranberry gel (hubby's daily product)

That is SIX eye products - even if we used a different product on each eye, we would still have 2 products not in use. Laughing

AND on top of that I just tossed out three other eye products that were partially used and we did not like: Okusil, Kinerase eye cream, MD Formulations Vit.A plus)

Well, I guess it is not too bad as my current dailies are almost done so can move on to the Ultra Gel and Simplicite. Hubby will need more protection than Cranberry once winter comes, so he can have Juvena for night. Well, there you are, that problem is solved.

Lip balms:
- La Mer (wont this stuff EVER run out)
- Babor B.Young (nice, but too runny)
- Gatineau (I use it at night and its nice, but leaves white clumps in the morning)
- Avon Nutralush (sits in the desk drawer at work - not bad actually)
- Dr. LeWinn lip plumper (hardly ever use)
- Orbis SPF lip balm (for rare trips out in the sun)
- Can Make lip essence (still trying to work out what this stuff really is for Laughing)
- Naturderm lip balm (pre-testing)
- Rosebud strawberry (not even opened yet)
- Dr. Hauschka lip balm (also not opened yet)

That is totally ridiculous!! TEN lip balms?! And I will bet I am forgettting one or two... Oh, AND I just gave my mum and a friend Coco Butter ones... and gave away two Rosebud Strawberry ones too.. and also just tossed out a Janson Beckett lip plumper (could not STAND the packaging, it felt so icky to use).. and we tossed hubby's Origins one recently (snapped off)

How long will the Strawberry and Dr. H keep if unopened?

Well, at least my cleanser glut is almost finished... Babor Oil and Dr. H. CC will soon be finished and then all I have on the shelf is Cellcosmet and Organic Pharmacy Peppermint (technically hubby's, but I use it more) Oh and the cupboard has the burts orange one I dont like - but that does not count, right. Oh, that is a bit of a DROUGHT! OK, I better think about going cleanser shopping.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a few lipglosses but I put a stop to that.

I have
Rosebud Salve
Chanel lipgloss
and I plan to purchase another NARS Orgasm lipgloss

As for eye creams, I did have a few samples last winter. I was searching for another eye cream because I did not want to order from the United States....I think since Sept. 11, it would take longer to get my order and I was fed up of paying extra just for skincare products.
I am lucky that Cellcosmet has an excellent eye contour gel-XT for allergy and puffy eyes and their eye contour cream is amazing!
Mabsy

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I think you and I are quite alike in our product accumulation habits Smile

I have a LOT of eye creams - I do mean a LOT. Just off the top of my head, I have three unopened, and about another 5-6 that have had minimal use. Then there are one or two that I'm almost finished with (sadly, Cellcosmet is one of those and I won't be able to justify buying another until I finish/start with some of the other eye creams that I have) and quite a few substantially sized samples. This is of course on top of whatever I already passed on to my mum Smile Yet, I am *still* tempted to buy others that I have not tried.

The lipbalm situation at my place is not as "bad" (I use that word very loosely here Smile) as at yours so thank you for making me feel better Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim, at least you have DIFFERENT products to play with.. I have this compulsive habit to order things in bulk because of the excessive shipping charges and to take advantage of the flat rate shipping Rolling Eyes .. I once fell in love with a Juicy Tube (spring fling flavour) but didn't even realise they came in different "flavours" so I ordered about 12 of them.. yes it was like 75% cheaper, but I now realise there are 3 tubes that I can never use because they taste like soap, and another 2 which make my lips swell up, and another that make me look like I have chocolate pudding on my lips (dark prune colours don't work well on me)...

I am so grateful that I never got into makeup.. because I could really see myself carrying around a 5kg bag of cosmetics like one of the girl's at work...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Tiger Tim, at least you have DIFFERENT products to play with.. I have this compulsive habit to order things in bulk because of the excessive shipping charges and to take advantage of the flat rate shipping Rolling Eyes .. I once fell in love with a Juicy Tube (spring fling flavour) but didn't even realise they came in different "flavours" so I ordered about 12 of them.. yes it was like 75% cheaper, but I now realise there are 3 tubes that I can never use because they taste like soap, and another 2 which make my lips swell up, and another that make me look like I have chocolate pudding on my lips (dark prune colours don't work well on me)...

I am so grateful that I never got into makeup.. because I could really see myself carrying around a 5kg bag of cosmetics like one of the girl's at work...

I can relate to that. Were you referring to EDS though? I found EDS to be very fair with that.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare do you mean for the shipping charges?

I haven't ordered from EDS very often, because at one point I could never need $200 worth of product to save the shipping fee, but now that there is the member discount, and a voucher sitting somewhere, it would be worthwhile to buy a few things. Then again, it does not take much to fill up a cart with $200 worth of stuff now.

I was mainly referring to sellers on ebay who charge like $15 for shipping three items overseas because of all the excessive paperwork and customs etc etc. But I am all too used to paying $10-$20 for shipping anything out to me now.

(I am also guilty of paying $60usd for something to be shipped to me.. Shock )
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Exclamation That is a lot!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |