Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Clarins/Laura Mercier Foundation/Eye Shadow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Clarins
Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch: This product is VERY thick. It looks like light pink chapstick in the small (very small) jar. You scoop it out with a spatula and warm it in your hand before you apply. To my surprise it does go on VERY easy and a little goes a very long way. It claims to mask shadows and dark spots but I did not notice this at all. I bought it because I have very noticeable acne scars and I want them totally covered. This base did fill in pores and make my skin appear very smooth so if you are after that result this would be a good product for you. It did not cause any breakout (which I was amazed b/c of the consistency) but it did feel pretty heavy on my face. It kept my foundation looking fresh and kept my oily tzone in check. Overall I was not impressed and returned the product. I like my Laura Mercier primer MUCH better.

True Comfort Foundation spf 15: Again, I purchased this foundation because I wanted total coverage...not layers but one time coverage. This product did not offer full coverage at all...in fact I found it to be pretty light coverage. I loved that it really warmed up my complexion and made it glow....it would be a great foundation for someone with nothing to cover...someone that just wanted an overall glow. This product also did not break me out (only used it 2x) and did not feel heavy at all. Once my skin is clear I would probably purchase this product but for now....I've got things to hide so this one is not for me. I returned this product as well.

Laura Mercier
Silk Creme Foundation RAVE!!!: This lady knows foundation! I use Laura Mercier Primer and in the summer the tinted moisturizer so I should have gone straight to this counter when I was looking for a full coverage foundation...but hey....live and learn. I am over the MOON about this foundation. I used the primer...waited a few minutes then applied this foundation with a sponge. The coverage is COMPLETE and no need to layer. I have 3 pain in the butt zits on my cheek and this product covered them totally. I applied the foundation all over then went back and dabbed the blemishes and ta-da....gone. My face does not feel heavy or coated at all (but I'm used to wearing liquid foundation). I have never gotten blemishes from Laura Mercier products so I doubt this will be any different but I'll keep you posted. I used the finishing powder to set...and my skin looks great (even though it isn't great at all!).

Mineral Eye Powder: These are new and WOW!!!! I bought the color Asteroid which is a blue-black-silver but it goes on like a very dark navy with great sparkle. You can use it dry as a shadow (great for the smoky eye look) or wet as a liner. It is very pigmented so a little goes a VERY long way. I needed another eyeshadow like a need a hole in the head but this stuff looked too tempting. The colors are fantastic and when I used as a liner it does not migrate at all.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:

Laura Mercier
Silk Creme Foundation RAVE!!!: This lady knows foundation! I use Laura Mercier Primer and in the summer the tinted moisturizer so I should have gone straight to this counter when I was looking for a full coverage foundation...but hey....live and learn. I am over the MOON about this foundation. I used the primer...waited a few minutes then applied this foundation with a sponge. The coverage is COMPLETE and no need to layer. I have 3 pain in the butt zits on my cheek and this product covered them totally. I applied the foundation all over then went back and dabbed the blemishes and ta-da....gone. My face does not feel heavy or coated at all (but I'm used to wearing liquid foundation). I have never gotten blemishes from Laura Mercier products so I doubt this will be any different but I'll keep you posted. I used the finishing powder to set...and my skin looks great (even though it isn't great at all!).

I am interested in trying this but I would have to order. How are the colors? Do you think if I called Nordstroms and told them the Clinique Repairwear color I use (beige) they could find something close?

Do you need the primer if you are applying over a moisturizer? My skin is dry.

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
totally agree their products are great used the primer and moisturiser all summer must try the foundation. Have you smelt their perfume La Lune its lovely
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Nordstrom is known for their customer service so I would bet that that they would help you match a color over the phone. They are also GREAT about returns. I bought the cream ivory (i'm very pale) and it is a perfect match. I'm not sure if you "need" the primer but I love the way it keeps the oilies away and makes my makeup stay forever. I use the oil free one but there is the original version that I think has a bit of moisture. I was not a huge fan of primers until I used hers...its hard to explain but I can totally tell when I wear makeup without it...some how its just not as "flawless".

I did smell their new fragrances but I dont remember that one...I'll have to go back and check it out.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this recommendation.
I got the Laura Mercier silk cream today in cashew beige with the concealor and it is truly lovely. Holding my breath to see if it gives me spots. EL used to be the only thing that my skin would tolerate.

I have not yet sprung for the primer. i bought smashbox once together with a bunch of other rather rubbish smashbox stuff on a whim and i barely touched the stuff as it was kind of awful. The smashbox primer pen i found did erase lip wrinkles if i was cheeky enough to apply on the lip itself but that was just a bit of an experiment.

Maybe i will give the laura mercier primer a go if the foundation does not give me spots. Layering too much on my breakout prone skin is a bit of a leap of faith for me at the moment but I have heard good things about this product esp for nightime or a special occasion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm very breakout prone as well and Laura Mercier has never broken me out. I think with any skin type if you layer too much on and leave it on for too long it dosent allow the skin to breathe. I never sleep in makeup and I wash it off when I get home from work. I hope it works out for you. I just LOVE everything I have purchased from the line. I just bought a highlighter (Rose one) and I LOVE IT TOO!!! I use it as a blush.

Lola Moroney...I smelled La Lune this weekend and WOW!!! It smells fantastic. I am really picky about scents and have worn Chanel No5 and Jo Malone for years but I may have to add another one to my arsenal.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
hi olivia,

i tried the foundation today. do you find that when u use a sponge to apply it works better with this? i used a brush today and it was a bit streaky. it is slightly shinier than my other EL but i love the colour and the coverage. it did not itch me at all and so far so good. any tips on how to keep it a bit more matte?

have u tried the concealor? it is really soft. it has two sides (one a camoflage which i confess i did not have time to ask how i use that) and it is a lovely texture. have you tried the primer? do you recommend it? hmm maybe i will try the blush but i hardly use blusher. have been wanting to try the Nars orgasm.

total agreement on NEVER sleeping with makeup! no matter how tired i am, i have never done that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...the sponge makes all the difference. Then I use my fingers to kinda smooth out the areas that look a little streaky. I think all of her products make your face appear "shiny" or dewy. That is part of her "flawless" face I think. I use the finishing powder and it does tone down the shiny look. I hope it works out for you. I'm glad you like the coverage and color.

I havent tried the concealor because I use glo minerals (LOVE) and it has the 2 sided thing as well. I love the coverage it gives and it lasts like crazy. I use the primer and I think it makes a HUGE difference in the application and staying power of her foundations (works on eyes/lips etc too). Its really light...almost more of a lotion. I highly recommend it. I just bought her highlighter in the stick form...rose color and its great as a blush...very cream to powder with some sparkle. I've been wanting to try that NARS blush too...let me know how you like it if you do. Right now I use benetint and then this highlighter over it. It gives a very natural flush. You cant go wrong with her products. I love everything...dangerous 'cause they are not cheap.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
wow. laura mercier at selfridges here i come!
thanks soooo much..very helpful! unfortunately, i tried minerals makeup and it was truly awful on me...

i will let u know about Nars blush. I keep eyeing their liplacquer as well and i think the mid season sale a great excuse! the lacquer is tooo seductive...looks good enough to eat sigh...i just bought a guerlain kiss kiss in red and thought that was IT till spring!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |