Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I woke up to this today...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote

I'm so depressed...winter is here already! We are expecting another 5 cm of snow today...I haven't even put my deck furniture away yet! Crying or Very sad

Donna

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Yup, it's that time of year again (or approaching I should say). Where do you live Donna?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Oooo, I'm looking forward to our 1st snow! We've been 'threatened' with it a few times over the past couple weeks, but the systems have never produced... Of course I won't feel like this come Feb...LOL We have such a LONG winter here, and shart summer..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Moosette where ARE you??

I am in Canada and have only seen rain..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:

I am in Canada and have only seen rain..

I'm in Toronto and I saw snow this afternoon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I didn't reply right away...I was off the computer this afternoon. Anyways, I live in Northwestern Ontario...close to the Manitoba border....don't know if anybody is familiar with Winnipeg, Manitoba, but I'm about 2 hours east of there.

Kiki, I didn't know that it snowed in Texas Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think Kiki said in another thread that she lives in the Denver metro area. I live in Arvada (outside of Denver too) and we haven't had anything major yet (like Kiki said). I really need to get out in my yard to harvest the rest of my herb crop. I would just HATE to loose my basil crop because I was too lazy to deal with it earlier. I just don't like cutting it down so every year this happens where I am in the dark, freezing because it's gonna snow while I'm frantically harvesting all of my herb plants. When freezing temps were forecasted earlier this week, I went out there, took one look at my plants and realized there was no room in the fridge! I left them alone because I had a gut feeling they wouldn't freeze and thankfully I was right! Of course, it WILL snow eventually... Laughing I love autumn but it's sad to say goodbye to summer!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
moosette, I feel your pain. Just like Kiki and ellyp, I also live in Colorado. However I'm definetly NOT looking forward to the snow!!! Having a very long drive in the morning in good weather can only spell disaster when winter comes... Crying or Very sad .
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
ACK!!! I don't want it to snow. Sad I'm not a "winter person" at all ... I think mostly because I hate driving on icy roads and the cold. Brrggghh. I thought I heard somewhere they were expecting a mild winter this year ... I hope they're right!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mosette--it's beautiful! I am in southern california so i don't see snow really. btw, i love your deck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
moosette, I know exactly why you thought I lived in TX.. It was in the 'face behind the screen name' thread.. I posted my, myspace after another person {darn it, I can't remember who, but she lives in TX} did, and then someeone {again, can't remember who}quoted something, that even had me thinking I lived in TX for a minute...LOL Confussed yet? LOL

ellyp, I lived in Arvada, in 2 different apartments, after I graduated from HS {Wheat Ridge}...

girldelvov, where do you live?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Mosette--it's beautiful! I am in southern california so i don't see snow really. btw, i love your deck.

Thanks skincareaddicted! Hubby built it two summers ago and we love sitting out there and having a few cold ones and barbques! Lots of room to party and socialize with friends and family, but unfortunately we didn't get to do much socializing this summer due to having a little munchkin to take care of! Oh well...next summer we will get to enjoy it more hopefully!

Kiki, I'm glad you cleared that up for me, but yes I was a little confused Eh? I really didn't think it snowed in Texas, and if it did it would probably be pretty rare!

Did you hear New York got dumped on big time, something like 60 cm of snow? Shock I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen it on the tv...so I guess we are pretty lucky that we didn't get it that bad!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki, I live in Aurora/ Centennial. And you? Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I gotta ask, is your name really Kiki or am I just calling you that because of your screen name (just wondering)? Embarassed

-Marianna
Mabsy

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
moosette - that looks *so* beautiful! I guess living in a pretty hot/humid country really makes me miss the snow. I am heading to the US (NY) later this year for a month or so and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get to see a view like yours Smile Are you telling me that NY has 60cm snow *right now*??? Shock If so then I am rather unprepared for this trip Laughing
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Upstate New York (western) got hammered with 2 ft of snow - the Buffalo area just across from Ontario. I think Manhattan is about 400 miles away. Will you be staying in Manhattan during your visit?

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Upstate New York (western) got hammered with 2 ft of snow - the Buffalo area just across from Ontario. I think Manhattan is about 400 miles away. Will you be staying in Manhattan during your visit?

Ah, I see. Sorry, I should really brush up on my geography. Whenever I read something about NY I just assume Manhattan Embarassed And, yes, Manhattan is where I will be staying so here's hoping for a little bit of snow for Christmas....
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
girldelvov, I'm in Highlands Ranch.. Around the Broadway-HR PKWY area...

And no, Kiki is a nic-name I got years ago.. I never use my real name online... Had some trouble way back.. It kinda stinks too, I could probably find all kinds of people from my past if I put all my info on my, myspace, but oh well.. Probably don't want anything to do with them anyway... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
And no, Kiki is a nic-name I got years ago.. I never use my real name online...

Well, its good that you don't have all that info on the net anyways, so good job Very Happy Laughing . How is the weather there? It's been sticking around 61 degrees here for the past couple of days.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Well, its good that you don't have all that info on the net anyways,

I was never dumb enough to put mush info out there, but anything can still get you into trouble if the wrong person comes across you...

Quote:
How is the weather there? It's been sticking around 61 degrees here for the past couple of days.

The weather here, is like ther weather there.. We aren't all that far apart...LOL Last I heard, we may, possibly be getting snow by mid week.. YEA!!! We'll see what they are saying by then tho..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
The weather here, is like ther weather there.. We aren't all that far apart...LOL Last I heard, we may, possibly be getting snow by mid week.. YEA!!! We'll see what they are saying by then tho..

Yeah, we're not that far apart, but within a few miles of where I live, the weather is completly different! It seems like a wave and then stops abruptly and shows a line. So lets say its raining and a mile later, the sun is shinning.... wierd,wierd colorado... Rolling Eyes
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Living in Texas, I'd love to look out back to snow!!! We did get snow 2 yrs ago on Christmas Eve, it was so magical and white and pretty for about an hour Wink !!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh you are so lucky!!! I live in Arizona and I miss my Michigan winters soooooo much! There's nothing better than sitting next to a hot fire with a good book, a cup of hot chocolate and reading the snowy afternoon away.

I'm homesick now, but I get to go back to MI in December for xmas!!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Thanks skincareaddicted! Hubby built it two summers ago and we love sitting out there and having a few cold ones and barbques! Lots of room to party and socialize with friends and family, but unfortunately we didn't get to do much socializing this summer due to having a little munchkin to take care of! Oh well...next summer we will get to enjoy it more hopefully!

Your hubby is quite the handyman then! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes he is quite handy I must say! Very Happy It was a must that I had to have a huge deck, we actually won a little lottery just after we were married in 2004, hubby bought me one of those scratch tickets and I won $25,000 if you can believe that! So my first purchase was the lumber for my beloved deck...I love being outdoors as much as possible in the summertime, since they are so short! Thats why I was depressed about the early snowfall this year...winters drag on and on here... I wouldn't mind so much if it was just the snow, but the cold really bites! Somedays it plummets down to -30 C with the wind chill...makes for a long January, Feb, and March! Crying or Very sad I do love the snow for Christmas time though, but after that it can go away anytime!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I am so thankful that I live in North Carolina. I went the beach today!!! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |