Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
How did you come to find the EDS board?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
We have had a few posts recently about how we got our names, history behind the board, but I cannot find one that specifically asks how everyone stumbled across this board.

For me, I used to participate in the Vogue Australia forums (not a big participator, but a bit) and it was through someone on there mentioning EDS that I came to find these boards - and I never left!!

The welcoming, helpful and non-judmental atmosphere of these boards is what drew me to them and has kept me here for over two years. The lovely ladies of EDS and the EDS board members.

How about everyone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
My university is a stone's throw away from EDS spa, and so I go there for my manicures in between classes, and for a massage if im really stressed from exams. Razz EDS spa stocks a few product lines but when i inquired about the Clarisonic brush, which is not sold on site, the receptionist referred me here. So here i am, addicted as ever. Laughing
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had heard about the IS Clinical brand and did a search to find out more. One of the search results brought me to EDS and as I was looking at the website I saw the little forum icon. I clicked on it and was thrilled. It seemed like such a great skincare forum compared to others that I had looked at. I lurked for about 2 months and then joined.

I really do this forum. I totally agree tiger_tim it is not just the information but the atmosphere and people!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was introduced to this forum by my good friend (and EDS member!) I'm Kiki! This place is not only a complete gold mine of information, it is full of some of the nicest, kindest (and funniest!) people I've ever met. Tiger Tim said it best...the welcoming, helpful and non-judmental atmosphere is what drew me in (and kept me here!), too!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
TeresaL, you will never cease to amaze me, dear lady! I thought you were an ol' pro here and I just looked at your sign up date. It was in April this year!! Shock That's when I started following the forum. Here I STRUGGLE to get to 250 posts (I can do at most maybe 5 a day now) and you are well over 1000! ... (love to use that silly face Wink )

I found this forum when I was researching Cellcosmet products that I stumbled across in northern Alabama. (I promise to tell that story at a later date - it's a good one!) I just this forum too!!
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. I'm almost at 250!! Woo hoo! I can't afford to order for a long time but it will feel good to make that number. It's good that they do this little reward system -- I am now thoroughly hooked to this forum! Cool
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I stumbled across this forum when I was researching for a good eye cream - I think it was looking at the review in the Dermatology Report. It said the best one was called Eyederma which I have never heard of.

I went to Google and found a thread from EDS and a few weeks later, I placed an order with EDS for Cellcosmet and then joined the forum because I found the forum a font of information, the people were nice and in my view had honest and unbiased opinions.

I never joined a forum and EDS is my first

Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I stumbled across EDS looking for products during one of my research-the-internet treks. I think I was looking for reviews but God help me, I can't recall the product, it was December last year!!!

Until probably 3 months ago, I just lurked periodically and researched products to death, then I decided to become active. I guess I just got more serious about skin care so had the urge to participate. I agree that the people here are awesome, which is a rarity in the forum world. I'm a member of a few and there is usually drama, which I abhor. It brings out the worst in people. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I stumbled across EDS on a quest to find some skincare items...I forget now what I was looking for hmm ...but anyhow I think when I googled skincare products EDS was right up there at the top and I've been an addict ever since...especially love the forums, I don't get to spend as much time posting and reading as I would like but this site has the coolest people in cyberspace I've ever met!
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
When I do searching on dermalogica product, google and found this site. I fell in love with the forum.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I found this site by searching for an online retailer in Canada to buy Dermalogica from that would be less expensive than retail. That was earlier this year. I'm so happy I found my way here. I've moved on from most of the Dermalogica, but I still come back here for the forum and the other great deals EDS offers. Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
same as scalawaggirl, i was googling some skincare product (which i cannot recall), and came upon the forum. so glad i did!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I typed in eyelash growth and found the topic about lucia and ardell:) and then started following you guys and got interested!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing an Internet search for feedback about Prevage when it first came out and was debating whether or not to repurchase (I'd tried it and it hadn't done anything good for my skin so far). That's when I discovered this forum, and the rest is history! I agree with all of the comments made so far. This is THE best resource for skincare advice, and EDS is a great place to shop. Their service is terrific. The discount for forum members is thoughtful and kind (smart marketing as well) -- I almost feel guilty using it since I feel I owe EDS so much for maintaining this site -- it's a Godsend.

I guess what I really appreciate is how forthcoming and informative forum members are about their skincare issues and experiences with various products. After a while, you get to know who shares your skin type and concerns, which really helps when selecting new products to try. This saves me a lot of trouble and money (some may disagree about the money, and think instead that we're all enabling each others' product * spam alert * Wink ). But like others have said, the people and personalities here are the best -- it's more than a forum, it's a friendly, helpful community
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Through references on MUA. I love that site, but this one is great for just skincare and naturally enhancing your beauty Smile I especially love the DIY recipes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking for research on something (probably sunscreens Laughing ) and stumbled on EDS. I looked at the post and realized that I am not the only one obesessed with my skin! (although it seems like it because none of my friends are!) and not only is it great to be able to help ppl with the limited knowledge I have but the vast amount of advice and information here is astounding! And it wasn't until i started exploring other forums that I realized that the kindness and openess we share at EDS is actually very rare! you should've seen some of the nasty comments from other forums Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
And it wasn't until i started exploring other forums that I realized that the kindness and openess we share at EDS is actually very rare! you should've seen some of the nasty comments from other forums Shock

This astounds me. I have never read other forums and it is so amazing to me to imagine people being so mean. I think this is part of why this place is so addicting to me. I feel like I am participating in civilization again! Since I am an at-home mom, I don't get out much. Crying or Very sad If I didn't have you all, my day would not be nearly as fun. .... I suppose I have lots of fun with my kiddies but no adult conversation, that's for sure! Laughing
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I found it through a beauty community on livejournal.com. Some girl linked to carekate's eureka lip plumper thread, and the rest is history Wink . Oh my goodness! The women in that community were so mean! I haven't been back on livejournal since finding this forum, the people here are so much more knowledgeable, there is so much more archived information/reviews, and I'm not worried about somebody biting my head off if I ask a question!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I found it while researching which microdermabrasion kit would be best for me...or even if they were worth getting (Neutragena and Susan Lucci). I've been here ever since! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
Through references on MUA. I love that site, but this one is great for just skincare and naturally enhancing your beauty Smile I especially love the DIY recipes

I love that site, too, but man is it cumbersome to navigate/search - literally drives me away. So sad because I love the exchange of information!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi scalawaggirl - I couldn't agree with you more about the format here -- it's much easier to wade through postings on this forum than on others I've tried. My hat's off to whoever designed this site -- it's very user-friendly.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I found it looking for something, that like scalawaggirl and skincareaddicted, I can't remember what it was...

I was amazed right away, at how helpful everyone is here and how they are so willing to share what they find!

I love it here!!! Thanks everyone...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I found this site while searching for Murad. Murad turned out to be crap but EDS turned out to be a gem. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I happened across EDS (and spent 6 hours that same night here reading) while searching for help in applying Freeze 24/7. Found out it was junk, but LOVE EDS...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was through a reference on MUA that I found this board. I loved the way it's set up and everyone's so helpful to each other and respectful of one another Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |