Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
recommendations for a dark grey cream or mousse eyeshadow?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I like wearing dark eye shadow, but the powder formula travels down all over my eyes. I know maybelline has the new whipped mousse eyeshadows but the colors are too pastel for me. Any recommendations? thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
You could try using a gel or cream eyeliner as an eyeshadow. Bobbi Brown, MAC and now Clinique all have grey shades in their lines.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
There's a makeup line that Kohls carries called " Flirt. " They have a whole bunch of mousse eye shadows that wear really well and have a nice range of colors. I just so happened to have the dark grey shade. It has some sparkle in it, but it's not over the top. It also works well to smudge under the lash line.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora has good greys/plums in their eyeshadow sticks. They go on easily and are inexpensive - $5 each. Also Urban Decay has some very cool greys/blacks with metallic flecks in them...Sephora carries that line as well.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Nijey--thanks for the suggestion, but i did try to use MAC's fluidline as a shadow once and found it to be kinda thick and made my eyelids feel strange. I ended up giving my MAC fluidline to a friend, but seeing that they are very popular, i might try them again as a liner. thank you for the suggestion.

makeupfiend--i looked up the color you're talking about, is it Flirt's cosmetics "i'm whipped eyeshadow mousse"? the color midnight disco looks perfect! I am definitely gonna go check that out since Kohls sent me a 10% off coupon, thank you!

betterat40--thank you also, i will definitely go to sephora this weekend.

i was so desperate for a grey color i ended up just stopping at walgreens this past weekend and i got a maybelline eyeshadow cool effects stick for about $6. i regret it now! but sometimes, you just have to have something new....sighs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted -
Midnight Disco is the color I have! I love it. Also, I do use it over an eyeshadow primer, so I'm not sure how it does on its own as far as creasing/staying power. If you use a primer though, it definitely isn't budging. I hope you love it as much as I do!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I have the new Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadows in Black Pearl, it is very pretty and smudges easily, there is also a color called galaxy that is a bit lighter and greyer I think.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi makeupfiend--i stopped by kohls today and believe it or not, they were completely sold out of midnight disco!!! someone even stole the tester too. I ended up getting the color "high maintenace" instead. I applied it when i got home and it is quite soft and creamy, love the texture. they are a lot more sheer but i can layer and not feel like i am pulling my eyelids at all. i am gonna try them with my mac paints as a primer, i hope the staying power is good for me. i am gonna go to another kohls tommorrow to find midnight disco. oh, and they are on sale until tuesday for about $9 instead of $12.

amylola--i usually avoid bobbi brown because their colors seem matte and muted most of the time but the cream shadow black pearl sounds wonderful. when you say it smudges easily, do you mean it's easy to apply or it literally smudges on your face? i have oily lids and get eyeshadow everywhere.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try Stila's shadow pots? I think they do have a dark grey - I remember I had something like that and gave it away because it was too dark and just didn't look right on me.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted,
No i meant that it is easy to smudge it on and play with it a bit b4 it dries, although it is pricy, so the kohl's one sounds good! I may have to check those out.
I love the bobbi brown ones, but have heard some complaints about them looking too crepey although i haven't found that to be true.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |