Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin B
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone taken Viatamin B for the skin and can b vitamin b be good for your eyes?Any one got any side effects from it?Anyone with rosecea symptoms take vitamin B?
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarah - I take vitamin B6 everyday, on recommendation from my derm. She says it helps with stress breakouts. I think it does help, but its hard to say how much cause so much else factors into it. And I have rosacea, too, so no adverse effects.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
thanks ,though im thinking of trying a vitamin b that has all the vitamin bs in them yet vitamin b3 is meant to cause flushing so im looking for a b vitamin without b3, has anyone had problems with vitamin B
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarah19!

I am a vegetarian and I have added multi-B vitmain supplements to daily routine on several occassions and I DO notice that it increased my breakouts.

The first time I wasn't sure what was causing it, so I looked up information on recent changes in my regime and I did come across info that talked about vitamin B increasing breakouts (sorry it was like 5 years ago, I dont' remember where that info came from).
I stopped taking the B-vitamins and the breakouts went away.
I did this on a few other ocassions and noticed I had the same reaction.

That being said, B-vitamins help the body cope with stress, so if your breakouts are stress related then you may have some success with b-Vitamins!

I think the problem when I was taking b-vitmains was that i was taking a high potency (especially when I became vegan and stopped eating any animal produts) and it was too much for my system. I now take a multi with all my b's and if I began to take my b's again I would take a lower dose and perhaps take them once every 2 days.

one positive thing I did notice when I was taking my b's was that I had more energy throughout the day, without my mid-afternoon slump!

HTH!!!
Lau
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know your experience i have actually heard that myself some time ago as well. So i think im not going to take them right now as my skin is so up and down at the mintue anyway plus im very senstive to tablets even though it is jus a vitamin.

Glad you found out what was causing it and stopped it the problem is better.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
sarah19 wrote:
thanks ,though im thinking of trying a vitamin b that has all the vitamin bs in them yet vitamin b3 is meant to cause flushing so im looking for a b vitamin without b3, has anyone had problems with vitamin B

Sarah, vitamin B3 from niacinamide doesn't cause flushing Smile It's the form of b3 in most b-mulitis, hth Very Happy
leyel
5% products discount

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
B-comlex vitamins are mainly essential for metabolic functions. If you're wanting something to improve skin, add GLA's to your diet (very hard to come by naturally in the diet, so you'll need to supplement). Evening primrose oil and borage oil have high amounts of GLA's, which help hair, nails, and skin. Some users have reported that EPO caused a flare-up in acne, yet others claim it helped clear it up. So YMMV.

The 'niacin flush' you describe is a harmless reaction, it's just the result of the dilation of blood vessels from niacin's effect on arteries and nerves. It can actually help people with poor circulation, but if you've got rocasea I'd suggest the "flush-free" inositol-bound niacin.

Niacinamide is closely related (it's not Vit. B, nicotinic acid), and offers the same vitamin benefit sans flushing.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |