Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to edit a post??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just curious, if you posted something, wanted to edit it, ect., how do you go about doing it? (once it is posted, can you add or change anything to it?) tia.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think the 5 minute window is still in effect. Meaning....you only have a set time once you post to go back and edit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Not good becuase sometimes you log out and see your post on another day and wished you did not make a typing error.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think Mabsy made the editing window to 15 or 20 min after you post. But if somebody viewed your post then you can not edit it any more even it's within the editing time frame.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think the editing window has been increased to about 20mins from what I recall - even if the post has been viewed by others. That is aimed at giving members enough time to inspect their post after it has been submitted but prevent content changes in an ongoing discussion. It also aims to encourage posting updates to a thread rather than editing one's original post (which others may not notice).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Not good becuase sometimes you log out and see your post on another day and wished you did not make a typing error.

It does not deal with this situation.
Mabsy

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
It does not deal with this situation.

No, it does not. The assumption is that you check your post when it gets shown up to you after you submit it. We consider typos to be less serious than people being able to edit the meaning and content of their posts though, so this takes presedence.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I had the same problem last night. after posting, I realized that I made a couple silly typos, and could not anywhere find the edit button. kind of frustrated. but I will learn from now to check my posts before submitting it. Wink [/u]
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |