Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ebay selling conflict
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I love ebay. For the most part, I am a buyer, but occasionally I do sell things to make a little money. Late last month I sold a few items, and one of them included a beautiful black satin dress that I only wanted 15.00 for. a girl from canada won the item (i'm in the US), and messaged me saying she was using it for her wedding. I congradulated her and she asked how i would ship. I told her it would be a bit expensive to ship 2-3 days international, and she never responded, so i left her invoice as a flat rate shipping and shipped it out the following day. A week later she is constantly bothering me about the dress claiming she did spend the extra. I went to my account and sure enough she put an additional 9$ in..so i apologized and said I would send her $9. Now shes emailing me saying she never even received the dress, and is insisting i refund her completely.

the thing is, I did my job sending the dress out, i am not sure if she in fact never did get the dress because you never know with ebay...and i have had many delays in my shipments personally so i really don't think it's my job to refund while she may get her dress tomorrow for all i know. it's just confusing because even though canada is close by, i have never shipped internationally so therefore i am not sure how long delays could be. She should have gotten it by now though. Everyone else received their items and are more than satisfied.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about how to fix this. I mean, who is to say she actually has the dress now and is claiming she doesn't? She might just see an opportunity to get her money back (as little as it is).

Although the dress could be held up at the border too, who knows with Customs!

Have you thought about putting tracking numbers on the orders you ship out? You can include it in the price of shipping for an auction...and I know I love it when I get a tracking number from a seller.
Or even delivery confirmation...that way she (or whoever buys from you) can't say they didn't get it when they obviously did.

Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
It's funny you say that because I distinctly remember considering getting the tracking number, but declined as the post lady was very short and impatient with me trying to move the line along. I feel like this situation is purposely happening to bite me in the butt. From now on i decided i am going to either do a tracking number or a confirmation order because both are very cheap and it's worth proving to a buyer that you did indeed ship something out, plus knowing where it's supposed to be, or proving the other person did or did not get their item.

The lady told me she isnt using the dress forn her wedding anymore because of the time table (she marries on halloween), but i've literally had to wait a month for some items due to delays..it sucks :/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It can take up to 5 weeks to receive items from eBay here in Canada Purpleturtle. Since 9/11 shipping from the US definitely takes longer, so she might be a bit premature crying foul. Do you give buyers an option to insure their goods? I've noticed some sellers add a disclaimer indicating that they are not responsible if the item gets lost if its not insured Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi purpleturtle,

I am addicted to ebay, and have ordered over a thousand items with nothing ever being lost before. I rarely sell on ebay and have never had anything lost in the mail either. I am not saying it doesn't happen though. I think she should have gotten it by now if you sent it late last month. Of course, I have had items delayed in the mail for over a month due to a mistake in address, etc. You also mention that the dress being shipped to canada, delays don't usually take that long do they? I don't think it's your job to refund her money to her and if she hasn't purchased insurance, especially since you're not a big volume seller, i would have to say she would have to incur the loss.

I did ship an item out to a military address once and it took over a month to arrive, but the buyer contacted me about the shipment prior to its arrival. if you still have the receipt from the post ofc, try going back to them and asking them. i think there is a way for them to track it even though there's no tracking number.

Anyhow, i would email the buyer and explain to her the situation (that you're not a huge volume seller, you sent out, she bought no insurance, etc.). Usually, when people ask for expedited shipping, they include that cost with the original paypal payment or else it gets confusing for sellers. I hope that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi purpleturtle, I am both a buyer and seller on eBay. From my experiences, I usually receive items from the US to Canada within 2 weeks. It has NEVER taken longer than that.

I am wondering: when you listed the item, did you say anything like "if insurance is not purchased, I will not be responsible for lost items"? For future reference, always put that in your listing to clarify.

Also, check USPS or whichever carrier you used and see if the service you use includes insurance. I know sending small packets from Canada includes insurance of $100 that you can get reimbursed for. If you can get money back then you can refund to the seller.

If not, perhaps send her a picture of the receipt for shipping to prove that you shipped it.

You should not be responsible for giving refund on an uninsured item, but I guess you are worried about her leaving a negative feedback Sad As a constant seller (in the summer anyway) I am insane about my feedback and would do anything to keep it perfect. I would give the refund even though I know I am not in the wrong. eBay is not perfect and things like this do happen. I am sorry it had to happen to you. If you do not care too much about a slight drop in feedback, then do not give refund because it is not your responsibility to. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love eBay and I buy and sell there. I hate to tell you this purpleturtle, but when you're a seller, if you can't show proof of delivery, then the buyer is entitled to a refund and PayPal, her credit card, etc. will award it to her. And, yes, you're right - she may very well end up receiving the item in any case. It's impossible to tell if she honestly hasn't received the piece, or if she's running a scam. Unfortunately, what some dishonest buyers will do if they receive an item that they see there was no delivery confirmation for, is dispute it. It sucks, I know. You'll know better next time....
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Purpeturtle, I'm so sorry this happened to you!! I buy and sell on ebay too. I hate to agree, but it looks like it'd be in your best interest to refund...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I love Ebay, but found out the hard way how things work with Paypal and Ebay. Unless you have delivery confirmation which Paypal will want proof of for the dispute, they'll likely refund the money back to the seller. It's unfortunate that you had to experience this. She may be crying wolf a bit early though, I'd keep in contact with her and see if the dress does come in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Purpleturtle,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I sell on ebay and don't give people the choice we post 1st class recorded delivery only & it has been a life saver. I once had someone say something hadnt arrived but when I contacted the post office they emailed me a copy of the signed for slip. I never heard back from the buyer after emailing her a copy. Some people do try it on. Also deliveries can be delayed. Ebay & paypal only want your money & are crap at supporting sellers. I hope the dress arrives and your buyer is honest enough to let you know.
I do know as well that over here we cannot put in a claim for a lost parcel until 21 days after posting. (I think thats the length of time anyway).
good luck

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |