Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WHOA! STRONG allergic reaction to Vit C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I just washed and cleansed my face as usual and put on my CellularSkin Vit C as usual and immediately my skin started burning and turned andgry red. Can Vit C go bad? I had mine since June. How do I tell? Help please....
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
If it's not perfectly clear, than it has oxidized some, but I've never heard of such a reaction to oxidized vitamin C. It was probably just to strong and acidic for your skin, I can't use a percentage (of C) over 10 for the same reason. Hope your skin calms down soon, good luck!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Tx dealated. Can one's skin change like that. The Vit C is still clear. I don't understand, I've used it everyday for months and suddenly, my skin is going crazy. My skin's calmed down after a while. Should I throw away the Vit C or try again after a few days?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Tx dealated. Can one's skin change like that. The Vit C is still clear. I don't understand, I've used it everyday for months and suddenly, my skin is going crazy. My skin's calmed down after a while. Should I throw away the Vit C or try again after a few days?

Oh wow, that is strange, I thought that this was your first time using it. Did anything else in your routine change since you stopped using it?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Did you use anything else a day or two before Agent-00-cat? I can get stung by my usual C sometimes if I use retinoids or acids during the week.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
No, nothing out of the ordinary. I used Dr. H clay mask 2 days ago. But no big exfoliation or anything. That was super scary...
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I just washed and cleansed my face as usual and put on my CellularSkin Vit C as usual and immediately my skin started burning and turned andgry red. Can Vit C go bad? I had mine since June. How do I tell? Help please....

Call it too much of a good thing. That's the same reaction I got to Cellex-C serum 10. I switched to the Skin Firming cream and if I'm careful not to use other peeling type stuff, I'm fine.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks Rufus. I'm glad I'm not going crazy. So, what do you do? Avoid any other peel? Use Vit C occasionally? Drop it? any suggestions welcome.... Right now, the Vit C is in my bedroom trash can but I haven't emptied it yet. It probably has until tomorrow morning to go. If somebody can save it, please help!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Oh, thanks Rufus. I'm glad I'm not going crazy. So, what do you do? Avoid any other peel? Use Vit C occasionally? Drop it? any suggestions welcome.... Right now, the Vit C is in my bedroom trash can but I haven't emptied it yet. It probably has until tomorrow morning to go. If somebody can save it, please help!

I know I can't use any of the serums unless I've not done any peels or exfoliation. I have to be careful with the vit C creams as well. Put the serum in the cupboard and get your skin to a happy level again and try it in a spot to see if the same thing happens. If you have another bad reaction you could go to the Vit C serums and creams for people with sensitive skin. The level of vit C is lower. Cellex-C has one. I went with a cream and I don't use it every day.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I might be far off here but I think it may be my beloved DHCC... I use it in the morning and somehow I feel my skin being tight these days. Maybe I'll give it a break and try the Vit C again in a few days. We'll see... I never thought abour my skin being different at different times of year.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:

I had similar experience. I was told to apply it every three days, once a day, then every other day, then everyday. Also, I started with the weakest strength and slowly build it up. What a huge difference it made on my skin!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your experience, Skincare. What I don't understand though is that I've been using it happily for 5-6 months everyday and suddenly BAM, huge allergic reaction. Has anybody else had something like that happen to them?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes, and it was not because of the Vitamin C but I thought it was because of it.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare,

I'm intrigued now...Can you tell me what it was? I am suspecting my cleansing cream and/or weather change. Was it something along those lines for you? Or am I completely off the mark? Could you perhaps PM me? TIA
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I had that happen with my IS Proheal one time. I never knew what triggered it or why but it took weeks to get my skin back to normal and a visit to the derm. I keep Obagi Active on hand and now use it when I have a weird flare up that I can't quite pinpoint. It contains cortisone so it calms the skin back down but you can't use it very long, only a few days.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |