Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
CareKate's product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Did I miss the posting of Dr.Holland's Lash Growth serum's release or posting of the recipe on our forum Someone please let me know! Thanks.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16951

Or, directly,

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=lash+gloss+recipe&start=500

Smile
leyel
5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, are you asking about the lash gloss, which is used in lieu of mascara, or are you interested in a lash growth serum?

The lash gloss is in the DIY thread, which has already been linked to in the above posts, but she has no plans to share the lash growth serum recipe.

(I PM'd carekate on Oct 7th, I had just registered and was inquiring about the lash tint kit, the JM (compared to Talika & Mavala, when I was still considering it before becoming troubled by the Eyelash Growth Factor) and also if there happened to be a recipe available. She kindly shared her source for the lash tint, but she has hopes of selling her serum so she has chosen to keep it private.)

BUT, you can easily make your own using Talika's formulation for a guide:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42173&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5670#moreInfo

Ingredients

10 ml:
Deionized water, Carbomer, Lecithin, Hypericum Extract, Apple Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Nettle Extract, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

I can direct you to sources if you need them. Some of them have been listed and discussed in the DIY thread.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
leyel wrote:
Hi, are you asking about the lash gloss, which is used in lieu of mascara, or are you interested in a lash growth serum?

She was asking about the growth serum, wasn't she? dang. Sorry Nomoreneckpain. lol It escaped me...
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been wondering about this too. Does anyone know if it was mentioned *when* Carekate will make her lash growth serum available for purchase?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
My bad.

Someone on a different board mentioned the recipe and I was so (freaking) excited. It sounded like primarily a lash GLOSS but also contained good things for your lashes. So I was hoping it would do both.

I tried Lipocils last year and wasn't impressed. And I just ordered the (infamous) Jan Marini product and Ardell (through drugstore.com ... can't find it anywhere near me). I also ordered the lash tint.

I feel like I'm a Carrie Eyelash-stalker Laughing
So yes, I would buy several tubes and sign waivers - whatever it took - to try her lash SERUM.

Funny - I've lurked on this board before but it took my excitement about the lash gloss to finally register here.

It's nice here ... a little slower than another board (and not as easy to read reviews) but it has a lot more info on product ingredients, DIY and more in depth product usage info.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Yah guys, I was reading recent posts I forget the thread that talked about using her growth serum so I freaked Rolling Eyes Either I misread or the posts were about the lash gloss, anyway I had thought all along that she was trying to market her formula. Way to go, Carrie! By the way has anyone heard of or checked into Osmotics FNS Lash/Brow Growth accelerator product- saw it in Allure. I googled it and it costs $38.00, I looked up the ingrediants and didn't see anything related to the JM formula, I haven't had time to compare to the others. Anyone else more computer savy able to help. Thanks.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I feel like I'm a Carrie Eyelash-stalker Laughing
So yes, I would buy several tubes and sign waivers - whatever it took - to try her lash SERUM.

No stalking Carrie!! Laughing There's laws against that! Laughing Also - unless you gagged her 1st I pity the soul who dared crossed her line.... Anxious

5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
By the way has anyone heard of or checked into Osmotics FNS Lash/Brow Growth accelerator product- saw it in Allure.

I'm looking at this one too. lol
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Candy -It's amazing how fanatical we can get over certain things. For me it's hair products, skin care and mascara/eyelash growth.

Leyel - I used the Osmotics FNS hair serum years ago. Nothing, nothing, nothing.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
By the way has anyone heard of or checked into Osmotics FNS Lash/Brow Growth accelerator product- saw it in Allure.
Never heard of it but now I'm going to have to go look up the ingredients to see if there's anything in it that I need to add to my secret formula....

BTW, I wanted to make a comment about Allure magazine in case the rest of you haven’t realized it:

Allure mag basically gets paid by the beauty industry manufacturer’s to write glowing reviews and make glowing product recommendations for any and all of the products that are featured in their magazine so anytime you read about the latest, so-called “must have” product but Allure magazine is the only place that talks about it, please take those recommendations with a grain of salt because they are NOT unbiased reviews but rather PAID endorsements.

It’s sort of like how the automotive industry can BUY “Car of the Year” awards from auto magazines like MotorTrend or Autoweek. That’s why, if you are in the market for a new car, you’re better off getting recommendations from some place Consumer Reports rather than buying it just because “Car and Driver” magazine awarded the Fred Flintstone-mobile the 2007 SUV of the Year.

The point I’m trying to make is don’t let a glowing review in Allure magazine be the sole determining factor in whether or not you buy the latest beauty product craze. Take what you read there, and then go and do your homework and check for customer-based product reviews. I mean, afterall, Allure magazine was one of the beauty glossies that touted the wonders of Hydroderm and Hylexin....

It took me a while to catch on to Allure's game and I admit that I succumbed to more than one Allure-induced lemming frenzy before I realized their true tactics but now I know better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Never heard of it but now I'm going to have to go look up the ingredients to see if there's anything in it that I need to add to my secret formula....

Okay, here are the ingredients Osmotics FNS NutriLash Lash and Brow Enhancer:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cinnamon Extract, SDA-40 Alcohol, Nylon-12, Lactic Acid, Glucose, Ascorbic Acid, D-Biotin (Vitamin H), Choline Chloride, Choline Bitartrate, Folic Acid, Myo-Inositol, Nicotinic Acid (Niacinamide), Paba, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Alpha-Tocopherol Phosphate, Vitamin B12, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Glutamine, Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Idoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, Inorganic Salts, Tetrahydrocurcumin, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Oleth-10, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium EDTA, Lactate, Nisin.

The only thing here that intrigues me is the inclusion of Biotin, which I may explore adding to my own lash growth formula. I know that taking Biotin orally in a nutritional supplement can stimulate the growth of both hair and nails (which I can attest to as taking a Hair/Skin/Nails formula with 2500 mcg Biotin has increased my normal hair’s growth from 1-inch per month to approximately 1 ½-inch) but I’m not certain that it can be properly absorbed and utilized by the body when applied topically so I need to research that further.

What I find is a real eye-opener (no pun!) is the 2nd ingredient on the list: cinnamon extract. Shock Based upon my own research into lip plumping ingredients, I know that cinnamon, applied topically, is an irritant that causes anywhere from a mild tingling to a severe burning sensation – depending upon one’s degree of sensitivity – as it causes the blood vessels to dilate and cause a flushing to the skin. The fact that its listed as the 2nd ingredient in this lash formula alarms me greatly – if it works anything like a “Lip Venom” type topical lip plumping product, I would think that this NutriLash stuff would make it look like one has a severe case of Pink Eye!! Shock

On the other hand, I need to research the benefits of cinnamon more thoroughly because I know that other essential oils in the “irritant” family, such as peppermint, are known to stimulate hair growth on one’s head so perhaps there is clinical evidence to support including cinnamon in a lash growth serum but it still worries me using something like that so close to a mucous-membrane like the eye....

Anyway, do let me know about any other lash growth serums that you hear or read about because I always like to review their ingredient lists to see if what actives they include and whether or not it is something I should incorporate into my own formulation! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
P.S.
Rjez wrote:
Someone on a different board mentioned the recipe and I was so (freaking) excited. It sounded like primarily a lash GLOSS but also contained good things for your lashes.
The Lash Gloss recipe DOES contain good things for your lashes -- it just doesn't contain EVERYTHING! For the record, my lash growth serum is based on the lash gloss recipe, it just has additional ingredients added to it. The homemade Lash Gloss will do for you what using Ardell/Talika/Mavala would do.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Anyway, do let me know about any other lash growth serums that you hear or read about because I always like to review their ingredient lists to see if what actives they include and whether or not it is something I should incorporate into my own formulation! Smile

Not sure which ones you have or haven't heard of Carrie but here's a pretty complete list of the lash stuff that I have at the moment:

Ardell
Dream Lash
Brow Boost
DHC Eyelash Tonic
Joyful Girl Eye Lash Conditioner
Refectocils Eyelash Conditioner
Shu Uemura conditioner
Zeno eyelash enhacing serum
Canmake eyelash essence
Canmake lash & brow treatment
Lucia

Past ones: Talika & Mavala.

HTH
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
i'm dying to know when Carekate's serum will be ready for re-sale?

I've been trying to be patient but sometimes it's so hard Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm dying to try Carekate's new product too. Gosh, she'll need to make batches because it will sell out quickly.

I saw an eyelash serum last weekend at a 'Peninsula Beauty' store, Longcils Actif

From a website:
Tonicils Actif Eyelash Strengthening Treatment Gel nourishes and strengthens the eyelashes making them stronger and thicker and more brilliant. Tonicils Actif is a unique transparent gel which helps the eyelashes to grow. It enables a quick and easy application of make-up. Applied before normal mascara, it enables the mascara to adhere better to the lashes. It accentuates the color of the mascara and gives a natural look. The brush with clear mascara glides smoothly over the eyelashes.

Tonicils Actif is made of natural ingredients : Tri-Vitamin complex based on D-Panthénol 2%, Vitamin F 2% and capilectine 3%, resin, silk proteins, and oligo proteins.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
FYI:

carekate wrote:
dollbird wrote:
Carekate, when will you be coming out with your homemade version?? i'm VERY curious. Drool
I’m hoping by Christmas time. I am currently in the process of setting up and/or conducting beta testing with a small, select group of my most-trusted EDS friends (because of the oft-mentioned liability concerns) and then I must await their result reports.

Once this test period has ended, I will make an official announcement here on EDS when (if??) it is finally time for me to except actual product orders.

Due to my limited internet access (MermaidGirl, I will be getting in touch with you soon to accept your generous offer if it still stands, although I’ve got a few strings I want to attach!), please feel free to disseminate this information in other relevant lash-related threads.

Note: Please do not contact with PM requests to be guinea pigs at this time. I have already selected the members of my test group (although most of them don’t know it yet!) and will be in contact with them shortly to work out details.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support during this time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I have a favor to ask my designated guinea pigs:

If you own a digital camera, I’d be MOST APPRECIATIVE if you could take a “before” photo of your lashes in order to establish a baseline, the way that Wenrdwy@AOL did when she was chronicling her results with JM. If you don’t have a camera, don’t worry about it. Just make sure to notate the date that you start ‘treatment.’

I will be shipping out your test-tubes Very Happy during the next 24-48 hours.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I have a favor to ask my designated guinea pigs:

If you own a digital camera, I’d be MOST APPRECIATIVE if you could take a “before” photo of your lashes in order to establish a baseline, the way that Wenrdwy@AOL did when she was chronicling her results with JM. If you don’t have a camera, don’t worry about it. Just make sure to notate the date that you start ‘treatment.’

I will be shipping out your test-tubes Very Happy during the next 24-48 hours.

Not a problem - thank you Carrie. I can take regular progress pics and will post them up Very Happy
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie, if you need a guinea pig in Canada I would love to try your lash serum. I have JM back-ordered from EDS, I could wait to try it until I chronicled your product if needed! (I also have a digital camera, would just have to be prompted how to upload pics to the site... Very Happy )
Shirley M
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree with Carekate about Allure. I noticed that it seems full-page ads for products that are touted in the "editorial" sections also always match up. The more ads, the more mentions. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the mag. It's a fun read but I do take the recs with a big jar of salt. Smile

Carekate - I can't wait to try your new serum!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carrie, for the tip about Allure. I've bought some of those "wonderful" products only to be dissappointed. Now I know why.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
FYI...

Notice to American Guinea Pigs: your test tubes are in the mail!

Guinea Pigs outside U.S.: your test tubes will be mailed this afternoon or tomorrow (I have to complete “customs declaration” paperwork so I have to make a physical trip to post office).

Along with your test tubes of Lush Lash, I have also included a sample of my tinted lip balm Lush Lips – please be advised that this is a slightly different formulation than the recipe that I posted in the DIY thread because I incorporated “Hesperidin” into it this time which is supposed to increase blood-flow/circulation to one’s lips thereby restoring the natural color/pigmentation to one’s bare lips.

Apparently this is a cumulative effect so you’re not going to notice the natural color returning to your lips until you’ve used the balm for a week or two. Due to the inclusion of shea butter and Hesperidin in my Lush Lips formula, the balm is going to feel slightly rough/gritty during application but this sensation fades immediately once the lip balm is on and melts into the surface of your lips due to your natural body heat.

Please pay attention to your lips and let me know if you actually notice any difference in their natural pigmentation so I know whether or not to make Hesperidin a permanent ingredient in my lip balm formulations!

TIA,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I automatically discount any "top" beauty list if they include Great Lash mascara.

I guess if you've got great lashes it's good stuff - but honestly, I think it does nothing, nothing, nothing. Better off using a lash tint.
lonsdally
5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Smile Carrie: I am curious about your "homemade" eyelash growth stuff....also, have you had anyone comment on Elavont,RevitaLash MD; and I just bought Osmotics FNS individual packs of eyelash/eyebrow growth (38.00dollars). So, anyone out there familiar with these. And,
there's Brow Boost by "BillionDollar Brows".com
Let me know, I'm anxious to hear. Carrie, love your forum info! Liz

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |