Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Member discount
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I am new to this forum. I was about to order something on EDS, then I notice some members have different level of discount.
Can anyone tell me how to get the discount?
Thanks!
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
by posting! It's easy. The more posts you start or the more discussions you join in with, the higher your discount goes. It's great! I can't remember the exact amount you need to post to get what discount, but the info is around somewhere. I know I've just recently gone up to 10%.

Get posting girlie and reap the rewards!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
But please - make your posts meaningful. Posting an emoticon or 'great idea' is not the way to 'boost' your numbers. Even without the max % discount EDS offers fabulous products to it's members AND alots of added bonuses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
ditto Candy,
I was looking at a thread last nite, and saw Hi I am new, then a question, I was dumbfounded because her posts were in the 240 range, then I looked at the date of her joining and the date of the question, and they were (I am not kidding) 24 hours apart!!!!!!!!! Now I ask how in the world can one post 240ish times in 24 hours????????? So posting just to bump ur discount is really not what the discounts all about.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I read in the guidelines or somewhere that they would monitor for people just posting to bump the number of posts to get the percentage discount and would adjust their post numbers if necessary. I think every Newbie has a lot of questions - or at least I did so maybe people have more posts initially with questions and later with answers to help other Newbies. I was very grateful to all here that got me headed in the right direction and kept me from thinking I had to put 10 layers of products on my skin.

As far as how many posts for each level of discount, I am not sure either. I thought I saw that somewhere but when I went back to find it, I couldn't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree people writing or posting about nothing in order to boost their discount just look at some joining dates and the amount of posts unreal!!!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Questions/comments are openly welcomed. I
think I can say we ALL want new members to feel comfortable in asking questions or posting comments/ideas. Several threads have sprung from this type of discussion but in a nutshell, no nosensical posting please. You will be noticed and reported. Simple as that. So if that's the plan to boost your dicount, be prepared - ask 1,001 legit questions, type away!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I believe you get 5% to start, then 10% at 50 posts and 15% at 250 posts.

Yes it is quite annoying when come ppl just write meaningless messages to bump up their threads! I am not sure if EDS does anything about it, maybe a warning? But lucky those people are rare Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
by posting! It's easy. The more posts you start or the more discussions you join in with, the higher your discount goes. It's great! I can't remember the exact amount you need to post to get what discount, but the info is around somewhere. I know I've just recently gone up to 10%.

Get posting girlie and reap the rewards!!

Oh no, I hope i didn't sound as though I was pushing nosensical posting to get discounts! Embarassed
I just meant that it was an added bonus of taking part in discussions etc etc, and that it was easy, you don't actually have to DO anything, well apart from a bit of input.
oooh I feel like a naughty schoolgirl! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Laughing preenie

10-50 posts = Full Member = 5% discount.
50-250 posts = Senior Member = 10% discount.
over 250 posts = Preferred Member = 15%

I think it would be great if it was something like this:

1 week membership and 10-50 posts = Full Member = 5% discount.

1 month membership and 50-250 posts = Senior Member = 10% discount.

3 months membership and over 250 posts = Preferred Member = 15%

I remember when it first came in that I was thinking we was gonna get a lot of senseless stuff, but there have only been 3 or 4 people in all those months who were like that.

Oh, btw.. CARMEN.. WELCOME!! wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
ooooo tiger_tim, brilliant idea about the timelines!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Laughing preenie

10-50 posts = Full Member = 5% discount.
50-250 posts = Senior Member = 10% discount.
over 250 posts = Preferred Member = 15%

I think it would be great if it was something like this:

1 week membership and 10-50 posts = Full Member = 5% discount.

1 month membership and 50-250 posts = Senior Member = 10% discount.

3 months membership and over 250 posts = Preferred Member = 15%

I remember when it first came in that I was thinking we was gonna get a lot of senseless stuff, but there have only been 3 or 4 people in all those months who were like that.

Oh, btw.. CARMEN.. WELCOME!! wave

Thank you all! I promise I will try to keep my postings useful Very Happy
This forum is great. I can't wait to make my first purchase.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Great Idea Tiger,
It would def stop the 240ish posts in a day!!!
(I just can't remember the exact number). But on the flip side, I do understand, if I were buying stuff, I'd want the best discount I could get, so maybe there is a better way!!!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I can think of more than just 3 or 4, but we seem to pretty much police our own on here and then sic Mabsy on 'em to delete the c@#$. So it hasn't been too bad lately. I like the timeline idea.

Speaking of nonsense posts-where's Spa Cake on this thread with the laughing evil Emoticon?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love the timeline idea! I remember joining with lots of questions so I had quite a few posts and then one day, POOF! they added the discounts. I was in heaven!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
we seem to pretty much police our own on here

Yeah, God don't stop them.

I admit I sometimes enjoy my early morning vigilante patrols. I'm grumpy first thing and they're sitting ducks.

I can't be vigilante on the real streets because I'm too small and I might get beaten up, but here I'm BIG..... Laughing
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Totally agree people writing or posting about nothing in order to boost their discount just look at some joining dates and the amount of posts unreal!!!

I totally agree. I have been going through the forum last night, (Guilty! Cool made a couple of purchases Razz ), I was surprised at how many "pointless" posts there are Idea .
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |