Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please take a look! A MUST SEE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEIM16NuPg

Just swiped it from another board I visit!
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
wow- thats neat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm - so much for truth in advertising....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
i like how they illustrate the point.

however, some people DO look that perfect though in real life without photoshop, sadly for us folks. bah!!!!! Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
Mabsy

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - that's so well done! And so true Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes. I wonder how I would feel if I were the model staring at a billboard of myself, knowing that I was edited that much.. does it somehow eventually make them think they actually LOOK like that ?
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
i think so miranets. i think part of it would be like rationalizing that they needed her face as a "base" to start off with.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!! Must get photoshop..
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I dont use DOVE but I do admire their Campaign for Real Beauty.

Oh and YA I need to learn how to use photoshop.. hubby can practice and see how stunning he can make me look. Maybe I should start with the bloodshot eyes from our wedding photos? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm waiting for photoshop, for real life.. Or Jane Jetsons makeup mask...LOL {OK, I know a lot of you young'uns don't get that... Laughing }

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
That is a neat clip!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
The clip is amazing and unbelievable and sickening and disheartening! Its bad enough the change that happens with the makeup, but the advent of Photoshop editing just makes me wonder "What's the point?" Now I'm very interested to look into the Campaign for Real Beauty ... kudos to them for putting that clip out there!
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Cool!! Very Happy All of us can be models Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
wow sooo cool!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Kiki--i know what you mean! i remember watching the jetsons and being horrified as a kid Laughing

yeah, some people do look good in real life without all that!

i would feel so self conscious if i was a model and they did all that digital fixing and everything. applying makeup is one thing but digitally moving your eyes and eyebrows and reshaping the face is very fake.

i remember halle berry saying something about the airbrushing and digital photoshop that made her embarrass in real life because she doesn't look like her pictures. i recall a few other celebrities saying people don't usually recognize them out on the streets!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I think the model already looks beautiful with her makeup and hair done. I guess Dove was trying to make a point.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
It's an eye-opener. Now, I wonder how much Photoshopping gets done on Dove's own models?
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:
It's an eye-opener. Now, I wonder how much Photoshopping gets done on Dove's own models?

i just had a discussion with someone about this!!!

i'm almost 100% positive that the models are airbrushed, except for one "flaw" that they point out in the in the ad. like the girl with lots of freckles, her skin is perfect, the whites of her eyes extremely bright, body shape is airbrushed, but she just has some freckles which they point out.

i mean in the end the bottom line is still money. they're just going using a new method of promoting their products.

just my opinion, maybe it's a bit cynical, but i mean still...this "real beauty" campaign is still attached to dove products.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly! And doesn't Dove sell a "firming" lotion intended to smooth away lumps and bumps? If they mean what they say in their campaign, why is a product like this necessary?
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. "Real Beauty" is everyday people. I do think anyone can look like a model if you have a team of professionals working on you....I guess you really don't even need that...airbrushing will do.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hay, Does anyone watch the tv show Ugly Betty, it's a hoot. They had a show 2 weeks ago about a celeb who had gained a few pounds and the show was about what the eashion mag wanted to do with the photoshop stuff to make her skinny and beautiful. This clip just reminded me of this show. I'm also waiting on photoshop for my everday life-Jetsons's style. Laughing
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
ok, this just shows how much you can trust those pouring ads. before and after, she looked like two completely different people. I wonder how does this "brushing" affect these models. I mean this just shows how many "flaws" they have Question Exclamation
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
So Cool and thnks for sharing this with us. By the way, I am feeling a bit sad..I am thinking of why...we are not happy with just the way we are any more? mmm..
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
so cool! it must cost alot
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Love this vid. Makes me want to play with my photoshop now. O.o never knew a few simple changes can make so much difference. Maybe even I can be a super model? Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |