Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How do you get that effortlessly beautiful look???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you gals know what I mean.....the look where others dont notice your makeup but YOU...polished, graceful and beautiful!

PS-dont assume that I pile on tons of makeup everyday...just the contrary actually!...but thats because colorful makeup looks VERY funny on me! Confused
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you say this. Sometimes the only chance hubby & I have to talk is while I'm getting ready for work. He has often commented on all the time & work & you don't look like you have anything on! (which is of course the look I'm goin for!!)

So how do I do it? Layers - primer, then Pure Luxe eraser, PL foundation, PL blush which doubles as my eyeshadow on regular days. Spritz with my DIY Vanilla/Honey spray to set the MMU.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I think mineral makeup is probably one of the keys to success here. I find that it looks more natural on me than normal foundation especially up-close. So, mineral makeup foundation, blush, spritz to set everything then apply lipgloss and mascara. Done Smile
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I was wearing eyeliner yesterday, and my boyfriend said "this is the first time I've ever seen you wear makeup!"... And it's actually not. I wear Jane Iredale concealer and Narz blush/bronzer every day almost!!
I think having great hair is REALLY important. Clothes that look good on you also really help.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Black eyeliner and mascara are essential to me. Good hair, nice skin, it is just not too easy.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I get comments when I use shimmers on my lids and a highlighter on my temples. Yesterday, a woman told me I was 'afflicted with terminal beauty.' I think that's a good thing.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I think having healthy skin is important. That is why I am always searching for the best skincare products and I go for the dewy/glow look.(don't like the matt look)
As for makeup, I love NARS blush and some Rosebud lip salve and it seems to still make some people turn their heads. It's funny to see some young men trying to start a conversation with me and all I can think about how young they are and wouldn't it be nice to have a boy toy at least once! Laughing

If you have too much shine on your skin, Cle de Peau loose powder is so amazing. You can't even tell that it is on.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Skincare. I thinking starting off with a nice canvas is always key. For me it's always to go natural where it's barely there makeup to buildup the beautiful qualities/characteristics that one already has.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I agree as well. When you have perfect skin, all you need is a little mascara. But alas, I have yet to attain the perfect skin. I use concealer under eyes and around the nose area, brow shadow, nude eyeshadow, mascara, a smidgeon of eyeliner, and blush. Oh gosh, that sounds like a lot Think It only takes me 5 minutes in the morning though

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
wow, great replies..thank you ladies. Please keep them coming!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am in agreement with everything said thus far. Perfect-looking skin and attention to little details are key. For me, that means MMU, concealer, a faint dab of Kevyn Aucoin's cream blush (love this stuff!) loose powder to set everything, mascara, groomed brows and a touch of liquid luminizer here and there (browbones and cheekbones, mostly, though I sometimes paint some onto my cupid's bow, bridge of my nose and the inner corners of my eyes for a more "dressy" look) to make my skin look really polished and a tinted lipbalm. Glossy, casually-styled hair also helps immensely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh! I love the groomed eyebrows bit. I totally agree.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty much the same here: tinted sunscreen, MMU, concealor, a light dusting of EM Apple blush, spritz with rosewater, finishing powder, mascara, eyebrow grooming kit, and lipliner/lipstick or lipgloss. I find I look much better with no eyeshadow/eyeliner. I keep that for nights out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
laura mercier tinted moisturizer, mascara, and a lil light pink blush Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use MMU, concealer, a swipe of loose powder down my nose and across my forehead, cream blush, mascara and sometimes eyeliner. I also always use lipstick in a shade a little darker than my natural color and blot it so it looks natural. - My lips are too pale without it.

Anomaly, you use tinted SS and MMU on top? Why? Does it give you a more perfect finish?
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:

Anomaly, you use tinted SS and MMU on top? Why? Does it give you a more perfect finish?

Only because I am fanatical about wearing sunscreen. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
To me it's skin and hair. Healthy glossy hair + clear skin.
I'm lucky with my hair. Not so with my skin.
I'd rather spend money on facials than skincare and make up (though clearly being an EDSer i don't spend any insignificant amount of money on either...).
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Anomaly - Okay. I use SS, but it's not tinted. I was just wondering if there was a benefit to the tinted kind. Thanks!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I rarely do make up, maybe once a year. But this thread makes me thinking, is foundation really a necessary step? Can I just use regular facial moisturizer as foundation instead? I found my face looks the same whether I put on foundation or not.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Fishzebby, It's not necessary if you have nice skin! If I looked the same with or without, I'd never wear it.
grumpy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
A white smile also makes a big difference
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I must admit, it takes a lot of effort to get an effortlessly beautiful look...for me at least- concealer, foundation, clean shiny hair, eyeliner, mascara, the whole works actually, all while trying to look natural. Takes SO 10 mins to get dressed and ready, and at least 30 mins for me...makes me think that being a girl can be such a chore sometimes. Rolling Eyes
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
The older I get, the less makeup I wear, but I really need mascara.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
For me, using a self tanner makes a big difference. Having bronzed skin requires less makeup to look attractive, I have found.

On a day where I want to look put-together but not trying too hard, I use undereye concealer, a concealer stick for other areas, a clear lip plumper (like Benefit Lip Plump) and eyebrow gel.

Hair isn't that important, I straighten mine every other day and put it up in a ponytail with a headband when it gets too oily.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would say a great hair cut (and colour) is a must. I always feel unkempt when my hair is misbehaving.

Otherwise groomed brows and lip balm to hide my dryed lips. I would add blush if I wasn't naturally flushed a lil bit already.

Since I have been learning about skincare, my skin is so much better! So I can get out of the house with only sunscreen and dusting of loose powder. Previously good skin meant foundation, concealor and loose powder Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |