Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
CP's, salicylic acid exfoliator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I've started a new skincare routine, thanks to the help from the fab scalawaggirl, which includes CP.
It's only two weeks, but I want to make sure I'm progressing in the right direction...
I took a photo last night, and compared it to a photo from a couple of months back. To me my skin looks worst as dark marks/scars from old spots are looking bigger and darker and there seems to be more of them. BUT, is this a good thing? Is this what the term "remodelling" means? I also look very pale. There is one small scar on my forehead that has risen and is turning into a tiny scab.

The second thing is, I've just received my salicylic 2% exfoliator and I noticed that the first ingredient is alcohol. I've always thought that alcohol was really bad for the skin, ecspecially if you have problem skin?

Any advice on either or both would be appreciated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Also.. Laughing

Regarding the salicylic acid. I checked the website where i bought it from (skincarecentral) and there isn't alcohol listed in the ingredients at all, the first ingredient is purified water. Uuuum this seems strange to me....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
I've started a new skincare routine, thanks to the help from the fab scalawaggirl, which includes CP.
It's only two weeks, but I want to make sure I'm progressing in the right direction...
I took a photo last night, and compared it to a photo from a couple of months back. To me my skin looks worst as dark marks/scars from old spots are looking bigger and darker and there seems to be more of them. BUT, is this a good thing? Is this what the term "remodelling" means? I also look very pale. There is one small scar on my forehead that has risen and is turning into a tiny scab.

The second thing is, I've just received my salicylic 2% exfoliator and I noticed that the first ingredient is alcohol. I've always thought that alcohol was really bad for the skin, ecspecially if you have problem skin?

Any advice on either or both would be appreciated.

Preenie, 2 weeks is too soon to verify results. I'd give it a few months as long as you are not experiencing irritation, breakouts, etc. As for the remodeling question, you may be seeing a tiny bit but at the rate you are likely using CPs (diluted, I hope), you will not see any great shakes for remodeling. What is the exact routine that you are using right now?

Also, regarding the alcohol in the SA, it depends on the type. What is included in the ingredients is a good type of alcohol (as opposed to SD alcohol, for example), it helps the efficacy of the SA get into the skin. As for the purified water being the first ingredient, it helps the SA from burning off your face in too high a dose. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it does sound like there is a bit remodeling going on. I would slow down on the cp's for a couple of days. I've been there and it is depressing but it's a good thing as well. You might want to stop the cp's for 2-3 days and exfoliate your skin. Btw, which cp product are you using?
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
I'm so funny. Because I thought my skin might be remodelling, I actually increased the usage (only onece though!) I thought it might speed things along abit! I'll stop that then!
Months, bloody hell. I' v.impatient!! Very Happy

I'm using

am
AHA/BHA face wash
Salicylic exfoliator 10 mins(I'm not leaving it on yet, worried I'll over-dry my skin)
Emu oil (today first time, thought it might help not to over-dry from salicylic exfoliator)
-You maybe able to tell, I'm a little paranoid about over-drying from the Alcohol! Rolling Eyes(I didn't realise there was a "good" Alcohol)
moisturiser/ss

pm
aha/bha face wash
CP (diluted!)(the normal one, not the extra strength)

I also have vit C serum and a tester of mandelic acid, but I'm going to wait a little while before trying those aswell.

I do appreciate that I'm an absolute pain on this website! I'm going to try and leave you all alone for a while, and just get on with it!

Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |