Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
i absolutely hate the Laura Mercier Oil-free primer!

it didnt do anything it claims, my makeup melted mid-day, i was oily...i had such high hopes for it, altho it didnt do any good, i still used it hoping i'd notice something good about it, but after owning it for 3 months, where i've only used 1/3 of the tube, there was this weird smell (smells like mm...electronics...like the back of your tv...haha) ...i bought it at Holts...i'm wondering if its been sitting in there cabinet for a long time (dont get me wrong, i didnt get it on discount, paid original price at holts in toronto Doubt )...there was no expiring date on it, i hate to throw it out coz its almost 50 cad...but finally decided to after after one allergic reaction...Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Can't believe you have so many posts in such a short space of time!!!
I love this primer but it does say use within 6 months of opening did you have it long as mine has no smell. Maybe you should take it back to where purchased
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sad that you didnt like it...I love Laura Mercier products and I love the primer. It sounds like maybe it was already bad when you bought it...I have had mine for about 6 months (I think) and it smells fine.

I just re-read my original review on this product and someone else said hers smelled....hummm....maybe you should email the company...maybe it was a bad batch.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
haha yes i'm so addicted to this forum~
i found out about all these new brands that i've never heard of for MMU.~~

too bad, i've thrown it out already... i'm sure it was less than 6 months, i think it got it in mid-june. i guess i was just bad luck.
i wouldnt buy the primer again, but i still love laura mercier, they are so natural~

another laura mercier product i love is the Secret Brightening powder, i love it, i use it to set my under-eye concealer ~ its amazing!!

btw, laura mercier doesnt have any MMU, right? Rolling Eyes [/u]

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have not heard of a mineral make up from Laura Mercier....other than the mineral eye shadow I purchased last week. I love her products. The Secret Brightening powder is going to be my next purchase!!! I'm glad to hear that you like it.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
what other laura mercier products you've tried and would recommend?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I have tried:
Primer-Love
Tinted Moistuizer-Love
Silk Creme Foundation-LOVE LOVE LOVE
Mineral Eye Shadow in Asteroid-Love

These are all the products that I have tried...I love them all. I think I'm going to purchase La Lune soon...it smells wonderful.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I also hate the primer. It doesn't have spf, it is not hydrating, and it doesn't control oil. It just doesn't do anything.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
carmenlu wrote:
I also hate the primer. It doesn't have spf, it is not hydrating, and it doesn't control oil. It just doesn't do anything.

except it costs a bundle. the price is rediculous for what is worth Rolling Eyes Exclamation
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have any luck with this primer either! I think it aggravated my skin but my skin is so sensitive, it's really not surprising. I actually have yet to find a primer that works for my skin. *sigh*
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I also hate LM oil free primer. It does nothing to oil control. My make up melts mid of the day
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Secret Brightening powder and I dont think I'm understanding....do you use it as a replacement to the finishing powder or in addition? I used it to "set" my eye primer and concealer and I could barely see anything...so I put it all over my face and I looked like a ghost. How do you use this powder...since you love it...I must be doing something wrong. I do love the way it feels....like silk.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting us know. I never end up using primer. After I've put on my lotions & potions, I just can't add one more thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I bought the Secret Brightening powder and I dont think I'm understanding....do you use it as a replacement to the finishing powder or in addition? I used it to "set" my eye primer and concealer and I could barely see anything...so I put it all over my face and I looked like a ghost. How do you use this powder...since you love it...I must be doing something wrong. I do love the way it feels....like silk.

I have trouble with this power too. I was told that it wasn't meant to use on whole face, only places where you want "brightening", such as under eye area. my trouble is I really don't see the difference.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |