Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I get active ingredients like pure ascorbic acid from Skin Actives Scientific or Garden of Wisdom.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Katina, I put it under my eyes and just below the eyebrow; but I don't look at myself in the mirror in between spot applications. If you hold the light the maximum distance - 1" - from your face, you get more coverage at once. Maybe try that tomorrow.

I understand that the effect of light treatments that makes collagen develop is a bruising effect, so maybe that's what you're noticing. Also, I think the 11-line smoothing comes from slight swelling. That's what we want.

I tried it on my lips tonight. They're still where they're supposed to be. I guess it's okay. The only place to avoid is the neck area around your thyroid gland. I think.
cc1

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I received mine yesterday and used it kind of spotty due to lack of time. I did put it over my mouth which covered above lip and chin areas, too. Left it there about 2 minutes. A little later I really felt like my lips were a little swollen....kind of like when you eat too much salt. They really did not look bigger in the mirror....maybe it was an insignificant increase? Even this morning they still have a puffier feeling. No other changes yet.
katina

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Chinachatters, thanks. I am currently fighting a nasty stomach virus/flu and maybe the different size eyelids is due to that. Or maybe my right eye-lid drooped more and I noticed just now. Anyway, I am not overly concerned about this. Our faces are not perfectly symmetrical. I will try keeping it an inch off my face to cover a larger area, though.
I have no other news to report, because I have used it only once.
By the way, did anybody read the thread that compares Baby Quasar and Lightstim? I don't understand how it can take longer to use Lightstim to achieve the same result. I don't think you need to use it in 18 different positions on your face and neck to cover them all. And my face is not smaller than the average. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does it take longer, though?

I never clarified that, from wading through that thread.

So far, I'm definitely feeling the results are pretty fast from the Lightstim. I'm really impressed with it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Katina, I didn't get that post either. How would lightstim take longer than even baby quasar when the head is bigger? I never really timed it when I used it because I kept falling asleep with it on my forehead. LOL I will try to hold it 1" away to see if I can finish treatment sooner.

katina wrote:
Chinachatters, thanks. I am currently fighting a nasty stomach virus/flu and maybe the different size eyelids is due to that. Or maybe my right eye-lid drooped more and I noticed just now. Anyway, I am not overly concerned about this. Our faces are not perfectly symmetrical. I will try keeping it an inch off my face to cover a larger area, though.
I have no other news to report, because I have used it only once.
By the way, did anybody read the thread that compares Baby Quasar and Lightstim? I don't understand how it can take longer to use Lightstim to achieve the same result. I don't think you need to use it in 18 different positions on your face and neck to cover them all. And my face is not smaller than the average. Smile
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Apologies if this has been previously answered, but can any Canadian users tell me how long did it take to get yours and were any duty or taxes payable?

Many thanks Very Happy
katina

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I read that review of both devices again and still don't understand this. It seems the two companies recommend different periods of time. I have no idea why. What bugs me most of all is that I read somewhere( I don't remember if it was on the Baby Quasar thread or Advanced Therapeutics site) that it was recommended that you give your skin time to rest between treatments. Nothing of the kind was mentioned in the Lightstim instructions for use.
Confused So, even though both use the same principle, they are somehow different?
For me, it takes about 20 min per session to cover my whole face and neck.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Katina, I don't understand it fully either. However my brain could not process $400. It was able to process $169 much faster, so that's why I am using the LightStim even as I am on this board. Smile I have been putting it on my tummy after I washed it, and applied the skiobio triple P&R cream, and super CP serum on it and rubbed them both in like a mad woman. As you can see I really really want to conquer my stretch marks. Although they're not that bad looking, they're still there to stare me down all the time. (I know they're not that bad looking because a friend of mine showed me hers, and I realized I had it very light compared to hers.) The LightStim can get pretty hot though. Do you think that's ok to put it on your skin? So far, I have not got any burn.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
katina wrote:
Cherisse, I read that review of both devices again and still don't understand this. It seems the two companies recommend different periods of time. I have no idea why. What bugs me most of all is that I read somewhere( I don't remember if it was on the Baby Quasar thread or Advanced Therapeutics site) that it was recommended that you give your skin time to rest between treatments. Nothing of the kind was mentioned in the Lightstim instructions for use.
Confused So, even though both use the same principle, they are somehow different?
For me, it takes about 20 min per session to cover my whole face and neck.

I looked for it and I can't find it but I do remember also that time was needed to rest the skin inbetween treatments. I use the Quasar SP and don't ever plan on using it everyday. I hope for daily users of the Lightstim it's OK to use it so often.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
For those of you that have the LightStim - do you know what the nm level of it is? ( Is it in your technical specifications info?)

I got mine in the UK and the info isnt supplied.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
For those of you that have the LightStim - do you know what the nm level of it is? ( Is it in your technical specifications info?)

I got mine in the UK and the info isnt supplied.

@Catski here is a link with info http://www.lightstim.com/photo-rejuvenation-light.html

"The LightStim™ uses wavelengths between 600nm and 1,000nm."
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Also on the same site http://www.lightstim.com/index-3.html

for the usaga it says

The light can be used 3 different ways depending on what works best for you. (1) Daily for about 5 to 10 minutes (2) Twice a week for about 1/2 hour each use and (3) Once a week about 1 hour per application.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
oh, that's excellent, thankyou hkyarrington.

I was looking at acupuncture lasers and seeing they run at 635nm and I wondered if the Lighstim worked as a stimulant on the acupoints on the face.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?
katina

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Last night, just before I went to bed, I came accross another thread about the latest instructions on the use of Baby Quasar from James from Advanced Thera. I can't find the thread now, but they were very detailed. One thing that I noticed is that they said that the Quasar can be used daily for anti-aging purposes. So, after all, that's not different from Lightstim.
Anyway, I have some exciting news today! I really don't know if it's my imagination, but I can see a difference in my naso-labial folds. Especially the right one.I know, by now everybody must think I have the most asymmetrical face! Somehow, the fold is shorter, only at base of my nose and smoothed out. They are in no way deep, but I think the whole area around them is plumper. Also I have (should I say had?) 2-3 tiny whisper lines above my upper lip. This morning when I looked at myself in the mirror, they were gone. I put my reading glasses, moved closer to the light, and they were still not there. Now, this is really something to talk about! I also think my horizontal forehead lines look smoother, too. However, I started using Frownies around Cristmas and am not sure if the effect is from them. Only last night, I didn't use them, and the effect fades by the end of the day.
I don't care if it's Lightstim or the fact that I finally recovered from the flu, but life seems beautiful again! Very Happy
TLL
5% products discount

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
hi i was wondering if any one ownes this devise and the baby Q and how they compraes to each other which did you get better results from
thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Try this, it's a review "Quasar vs Lightstim"

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=17109
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
That's great, Katina. I'm pleased for you.

Cherisse, how are you getting on?
Gwendolyn

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
...the before are sharp, the afters are blurred. Anybody else notice this on the Lightstim site?
cc1

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Gwendolyn..I just looked and you are absolutely correct. It is like the soft focus lens ala Barbara Walters. Even the background is blurred. That is interesting. hmmmmm It can be returned if unsatisfactory. I will use it until the return policy and decide.
cc1

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I wish Tamara would come back and let us know how it is going/not going for her after an extended period.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Lightstim today. I'll try it for the first time tonight after going out to dinner. Exclamation Razz
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you enjoy it Rufus. Let us know how you get on!

I'm thrilled with mine.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using mine, and I'm liking it too. I believe I see some improvement on my broken caps. I'm no longer covering my nose with concealer every morning. They are still visable with makeup, though.

Gwendolyn, those after photos are softened. You're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do actually think it works because the technology is proven, but I think your wait and see attitude is good, ccl. I'm pretty comfortable with the return policy on this. I think it's long enough to see if it's going to be effective or not.

I haven't seen Tamara around lately. Maybe she'll pop in soon.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've done two treatments so far and my face feels tingly after them. I don't flush, which is a good thing. Razz I think it's a bit soon to see any improvement but the Lightstim is easy to use.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |