Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
It does look interesting, but I'm a bit worried about the size of the head. How would you deal with the eye area without irradiating your eye balls Don't you have to be careful to only go around the orbital bone area? That's my superficial (it's sooo long) reading of the BabyQ thread.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
i was curious about the same as well, similarly how to deal with the nose area, as my main sun damaged area is the bridge of my nose and a broken cap on it as well

that was part of my questions
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use mine on the orbitol area and the nose and that is a plus of the smaller head. I guess there are pros and cons for each. I'm tempted to buy one and start a pros and cons thread so I don't hijack either thread! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that is true. That is the Con on the Light Stim, but con on the BQ for bigger areas.

I will learn how to do it and let you all know how I do it.

Hmmm. Doing some thinking, how about those cups that go over the eyes. Then you can treat a wider area and not miss anyplace around the orbital eye area. With it being big, you could hit every spot at the same time. Then take eye cups off and move on. Hmmm. Now where can I get those eyeball cups ?

Just a thought.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
tanning goggles perhaps?

but that wasnt entirely my concern, i remember alex saying for the device to be effective (assuming both work similar) there should be no escape of light from the area of light, so with a bigger surface coverage like the lightsim seems it may be more difficult to keep the device securely in contact with all areas of the face when moving around defines facial areas, or even jaw lines if needed... especially nose, but that would of been a prob with the BQ as well
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
Hmmm. Now where can I get those eyeball cups ?

At any tanning salon... Everyone I've ever been in, sells them...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I see what you mean Jeffers. When I read on the lightstim website that the head was 2 1/2 wide but with an expansion of 4".

QUOTE FROM WEBSITE: The lightStim™ has a 2 1/2 inch head. By the process of encroachment the effects spread to about 4 inches in diameter. This makes the treatments take little time and save time.

Many others, almost all, do not have that much coverage. END QUOTE.

So I guess when I get mine I will find out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I have the Baby Q and it is not all that accomodating for the eye area either. And the nose area is especially difficult to treat. I wish the Baby Q came with the smaller cone attachment that comes with the larger model. The cone really allows the light to be concentrated for those hard to reach areas like the eyes and nose. I make do but still wish it came with one. I had emailed Alex back in May about one but they dont make the attachment for the baby.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Janna wrote:
I have the Baby Q and it is not all that accomodating for the eye area either. And the nose area is especially difficult to treat. I wish the Baby Q came with the smaller cone attachment that comes with the larger model. The cone really allows the light to be concentrated for those hard to reach areas like the eyes and nose. I make do but still wish it came with one. I had emailed Alex back in May about one but they dont make the attachment for the baby.

hi Janna, it sounds like you've been using the BQ for quite a while... would love to hear what you feel are the primary benefits for you, and cons.
Your comment above was useful to know. Wink
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well......
To be completely honest, I have not seen the type of results that others on here have seen. I used it faithfully when I first got it (which by the way..... I paid 349.00 for it back in May) but just was not overly impressed so quit. My skin would look rosy and healthy immediately after using it, but I never saw any kind of permanent results. I started back after reading all the excitment over it on here but it still it has not given me any kind of "wow" results. That is why I am interested in the lightstim. More power and less treatment time is very appealing.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Janna.

Yeah, I am sensing that some liked the BQ and some didn't. I do think each person has a different response to things, whether it be creams, machines or serums.

I am looking foward to trying the Lightstim. I hope I like it. Being bigger with 72 LED's, I think I can cover more area in less time.

Time is hard to find now a days with working, being a wife and mother.

Keep watching. I will be posting any results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
i ended up buying one last night, slightly by accident actually.

which package did you get tamerat? i didnt know there was a difference until i had already bought it, and assumed it didnt matter and that the device itself was the same.

I didnt plan on using the extra products anyways
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think the LED is the same. 1 package is for Acne and the other for Anti-Aging. I got the Anti-Aging. I had called and asked if I could get the LED without the products. And she said they just put the products in. Eventually they may just sell the LED since most people have their own facial products. But right now it is as the kit.

Alot of people have their own products to use.

Now, we can compare together. Let me know OK !

But in answer to your question, the device is the same.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
TamaraT,

Thank you for bringing in this product for review. I am using BQ too. I wished I had waited. Please let us know your results.

By the way, how much shipping did they charge you? AdvThe charges $20 for shipping BQ, which I think is way too much. With $20, you can even ship it overseas.

Rose
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Priority Post = $16.37
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that is correct.
Priority Post 16.37

Mine didn't come today, so It should be here tomorrow ! !

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
i still havent got an email with shipping details, i was hoping id receive before the weekend but i guess not now
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Janna. Really looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
did you get yours in today? i called and they said they are shipping mine out tommorrow

2 days to ship 8-/ ehh
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
NO. I didn't get it. I want IT ! eggggh
I am ready to do it as soon as I get it. ha ha

It will probably be tomorrow.
Mine was shipped yesterday.

They probably sent it 2-day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
when i called a lady picked up saying she had just gotten into the office, and they would send it tommorrow and this was like at 4 pm, so i guess 2pm Cali time. not happy with the slow shippin process thus far

i stated that i had emailed them with questions 3 days ago, they didnt respond but i made mention to the woman and she said she would have it to me tomorrow
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow so I can use it on the weekend.

Even my husband says he wants to use it. LOL.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I'm happy to see this thread! I ordered mine Oct 7 and it's still not here yet...Sad when I mentioned that I'd ordered it in another thread -- it felt like a big old no-no, so it's good to be able to compare notes with others who have ordered it. I have the same issues with eyes and lower face so I'm excited to hear about others' results as well.

It's probably sitting at customs. Man those people are such a pain! LOL
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Dahli. I hope you get it soon so we can all compare together.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Where does everyone live? That could be a factor in the shipping time. Plus, you always have to keep in mind that shipping time and processing time are two different things.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |