Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Mermaid Girl.

I have a great tendancy for Redness. As I use it about every other night, my redness has been reduced. It's not totally gone, but I don't have to wear as much makeup now.

I really don't like to be red. So, it has helped, I can say that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi TameraT! Did you have any pigmentation before using the Lightstim? That's my main problem and I wondering how the Lightstim has done with that.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl.
I have alot of sun damage. When a kid out in the sun, I always got sunburned many many times. I do have some light brown spots, sun damage on the sides of my face. They used to be darker, they are not totally gone, but I can say the are lighter. And when I do use makeup, you can barely see them. So, I guess I can say, yeah, I think it has helped.

I do know that it plumps up my skin alot.
And my face seems more even toned.

Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi TameraT! Yes this does help. I'm in my 40s so I grew up in an age when it was popular to sun ourselves with just baby oil. Shock Therefore, growing upin Miami, I was always in the sun. I have been thinking about the Lightstim and pigmatation really is my only issue. I'm just worried about how long the treatments take and would I stick with it.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl.

I do the treatments in bed while watching TV. My problem is? I fall asleep. It seems so relaxing to me for some reason. And sometimes, I've fell asleep and left it on a cheek or chin area, then woke up. OH, ok. I need to go to sleep. Continue the next night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi TameraT. I think I have made the decision to go with the Lightstim instead of the BabyQ. I have about 20 minutes to spare at niht so I think that this will fit into my budget and time line. Thanks for your help!! Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies.

A funny thing happened to me on my way to falling asleep with the light stim... Laughing

About 9 years ago I had a reeeaally bad ankle accident, ripped some ligaments. I STILL have swelling of tissue on that ankle, like an egg shaped soft protrusion. ( yes, I know, YUG.)

Well, I've been putting the light stim on it.

Either I'm crazier than I thought, or it's shrinking!

I am amazed and somewhat incredulous.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Catski. I can say the same thing almost. I have problem with inflamation in my body acting up often. Well the other day, I just got out of bed and realized my left index finger and the nuckle was so sore.

Well that night I was laying in bed, had it on my face, then changed and put on my hand around the nuckle. I think it reduced whatever swelling it was having, because I can type again? ha ha. I have tried several things like that, and I don't know it does it, but it does something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Still in the beginning of my use of Lightstim and have to say the thing I've noticed the most is my skin is starting to breakout less and is healing nicely from past breakouts. So far I'm happy with the results.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi.
Ive been reading these boards for a few weeks. I was so interested in the lightstim after reading this thread i had my boss (at a day spa) order one.
Ive borrowed the lightstim for hte last 4 nights. I did contact the lightstim website about this - but wanted to double check with you guys.
The light is so freaking bright - i will get goggles soon - but im concerned with what ive already done. I was told no damage can be done to eyesight. But my eyes get really dry afterwards even though i keep them closed. I also noticed I cant see red in the eye that I use the device closest too for a few minutes - until i switch the opposite side of my face and the same thing happens to the other eye. Is that safe??
Also I used retin a micro before using hte light last night. I assumed it was ok since the company offers a retinol cream - but because your not supposed to use retin a and go out in the sun - im only assuming the lights used in the device are different from what the sun provides and what needs to be avoided when using retin a. Correct??

THANKS!!!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
You should ask the company and your eye doctor or physician those questions. Don't get your medical advice from groups on the internet.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
You should ask the company and your eye doctor or physician those questions. Don't get your medical advice from groups on the internet.

I agree! And please let us know your findings!

Good Luck.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
True. I guess i should rephrase my questions by asking:
Has anyone else experienced these things (poor eyesight after use and sensitivity with Retin A)??
Im assuming if so there hasnt been any real negative reactions (as of yet) because no one has mentioned it. I just wanted to bring it up and get your opinions and experience.

thanks
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
mb935, I get the same thing when I use it mear my eyes. I just try to shield them. I just went to the eyedoctor, and she didn't say anything about seeing any damage. She's usually pretty good about noticing changes. I didn't think to ask her though, so I can't say for sure. It does seem that if it hurts, it can't be good. I believe that someone on this thread or on the Baby Q thread said something about tanning bed goggles.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I do get the same thing. I am usually watching TV, and If I am using it on the right side, I keep that eye closed. But, when I open it, it does seem more on the blue side. But I have not experienced yet any changes in my eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies. I have some more comments about the Lightstim. I've used it now for approx 2-3 months. And I am experiencing MUCH thicker skin.

This is before lightstim:
Dry, but oily flaky skin, reddness galore, coloring was bad.

After Lightstim use for 3 months:
I try not to touch my skin, but I love to touch it because it is so soft and thicker.
I just cannot beleive it.

I received 2 compliments yesterday at Church.
1st was, I was asked, "What makes your skin look so good?" Huh. I wasn't ready for that question?

2. Someone thought I was in my 30's. I am 43.

Sooo. You better believe I went home and did my routine again after that.

Here is my routine.

1. Wash face with Clarisonic.
2. Dr. Denese Glycolic Facial pad.
3. SAS eye bright and Aging cream.
4. Then, I spend about 30 minutes laying in bed (if I don't fall asleep first) just moving it around my face area and chin area.

I also don't have to wear much makeup now.

I am so far a happy camper with the Lightstim.
OHHHH and I forgot one other thing.

For about 2 days, I've had a very bad neck ache/cramp and I could not move my head to the right. (Think I slept wrong of something)

Well. Last night, after I was done with the face(i think that is enough), I put it on the back of my neck and kind of layed back on a very soft pillow. I kept it there for approx 5 minutes.

OHHHH what relief. I took off the Lightstim and moved my neck to check it? I could move it and it was not hurting and the dull ache was GONE!. I put the lightstim in the drawer next to my bed, and had a good nights sleep.

Tammy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Tamara, thanks for sharing your results. They're very encouraging. I need to try it on my neck because mine hurts more often than not.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thicker skin. That is my hope. Does your thicker skin look creamy, too?

I've used mine every day since I got it three or four weeks ago - a half hour in the morning and a half hour in the evening. I haven't moved it - just keep it two minutes on each spot until I've covered every inch. I can feel and see the firming effect;but so far the spider veins and brown spots are still there.

I tried it on the flab of my upper arms tonight, too.

I'm ordering one of those soft laser wands, too, to see about treating specific problems with the smaller head.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Chinachatters - what soft laser are you getting? will you keep us posted on it, please?

Just wanted to tell you I saw a friend on the weekend whom I havent seen for a couple of months. She wondered what I had done to my eyebrows.. had I had them professionally shaped? No! But using the lightstim has definitely lifted them, like having botox did.

I'm really pleased with the results I'm getting.

The only sensitivity I've experienced is when I use it on my abdominal stretchmarks for an extended period, then when I next apply supercop or glycolic, it feels tender.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still torn between nulase and beurer.

A nurse in another thread here is an evangelist for nulase. But the wording in the buerer ad speaks to me. 8-)
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking to return my LightStim. I don't really see anything different. Anyone else returning?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:56 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
I'm still torn between nulase and beurer.

A nurse in another thread here is an evangelist for nulase. But the wording in the buerer ad speaks to me. Cool

What wil they give you that the lightstim wont, chinachatters?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Ive used it every night for 8 days straight at 2 minutes per area. The first time I used it - my skin did seem softer. Now i cant tell much improvement. My skin texture has always been horrible and i have a lot of reddness. The lightstim hasnt helped either condition at all. Although I feel it may also be a bad time of year to start using it because of the cold weather - the skin becomes more dry than usual. So it may take longer for it to work??? maybe - im just assuming.
My boss is most likely going to send it back because she doesnt see it being effective for salon use. If i used it 8 nights in a row how will it be beneficial for a client once a week??
I am however thinking of buying it from her and trying it a bit longer. Just in case (for myself) it does become effective. Id like to give it up to the 3 months anyway.
Still thinking about it....
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I can now report I'm getting great results. My skin has started to clear up and my skintone is more even than it's been for a long time. I'm so pleased I just ordered another Lightstim to have as a spare!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
I can now report I'm getting great results. My skin has started to clear up and my skintone is more even than it's been for a long time. I'm so pleased I just ordered another Lightstim to have as a spare!

Do you use it every day and both AM and PM?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |