Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
You must have patience Charlene. Everybody responds differently. Four treatments is only the beginning!

Be sure to exfoliate before each treatment, and since you and DH are both using the light, be sure to give it a going over with a swabbing of alcohol between uses.

You have 3 months to figure out if LED therapy will work for you, so relax and enjoy it. Also take some pictures, because in two weeks time I promise you will see a diference. Sometimes the subtle changes are missed on a day to day basis. Pictures are the proof that's hard to dispute.

ETA; be sure to treat for a full 3 minutes to each section for the first month. I believe that makes a difference.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Rickie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking into buying the lightstim, and came across your sight, I'm an esthetician but I still like to tan, I know better, but....

So like I was saying I'm going to get it and one for acne too, I went and had treatments a while back with medical grade laser, the Fotofacial and my eczema completely cleared up where they used it on me, so it has me completely excited to see the technology, even if its less grade, coming into the home.

Has anyone found they like the Lightstim, over the baby Quasar?

Thanks, Rickie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Rickie, you have only just begun in the land of LED's.... There is a wealth of information available on this forum for every manner of LED, to cover just about every skincare concern.

You didn't mention your age, but if your a tanning freak ( Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin ), I will hazzard a guess, that you have a little sun damage to deal with in addition to the acne.. If that is the case, you should look into the "Acne LightStim", which has blue, red + infrared diodes, which will tackle both issues with just one device. There are 4 different devices available, for acne, anti-aging, original + a new one for rosacea, and a decent discount is given on two lights.

Quasar also has a "blue" acne light, and there is also the Baby Quasar for anti-aging + the larger Quasar SP. I believe they also have a deal for a two light purchase.

Pro-Light has a variety of lights including blue for acne, red/infra red for anti-aging, also amber, and a multi light which is also popular.

Anyway Rickie, you have your work cut out for you, and lots of reading to do. Here are the links to the manufacturer's sites:

http://lightstim.com/light-therapy-products.html

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/ledlighttreatment.html

http://www.babyquasar.com/products.php

Here are a few threads about the various lights, which you should spend some time reading..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28775

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29328

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26120

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28965

I own and use the Anti-Aging and Original LightStim, and I'm very happy with both. My concerns are only anti-aging + pain relief, so I'm afraid I can't offer you an opinion on the acne light.

Good luck with your decision, and welcome to the forum!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Rickie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
OK, WOW, there is a lot to do with all of this, I guess I could buy a professional one, if I had the money anyway Sad So age I'm 41 a bit of damage from Mr. Sun, not that bad though, the acne would mostly be for my teenagers, I'm looking more for the anti aging and large pores to be fixed. Im to much a perfectionist, one zit, I wont go out, lol, Im kinda teasing.

Here is a HUGE question, if anyone knows the answer, I have a total jaw replacement, which means my jaw joints are ALL metal, titanium to be exact. pain for me is a daily beast I fight, but I wonder if I could wand across my joints? The pain involved I promise I wouldnt flinch, which is good for me, but I would never be able to judge for anyone else, which is sad, Im kinda a freak.

Anyway, I will get some sleep and do all the research with the links you gave me, THANK YOU!!! I was a makeup artist for years too, so if I can repay the favor of any knowledge let me know!

Again, thanks so much, Rickie Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - have you noticed anything different since you started using the anti-aging LightStim? Can you attribute any fabulous corrections to the addition of amber light?

I have the original and have been using it regularly for a year and a half. (@ 1/2 hour per day, I've used about 500 hours - it still has 9,500 hours of life left in it.) It did a little lightening of some brown spots and may have smoothed eye crinkles but not marionette lines.

I still had to have a dermatologist remove the brown spots and he suggested getting the marionette lines filled, although I didn't even mention them.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Kassy - have you noticed anything different since you started using the anti-aging LightStim? Can you attribute any fabulous corrections to the addition of amber light?

I have the original and have been using it regularly for a year and a half. (@ 1/2 hour per day, I've used about 500 hours - it still has 9,500 hours of life left in it.) It did a little lightening of some brown spots and may have smoothed eye crinkles but not marionette lines.

I still had to have a dermatologist remove the brown spots and he suggested getting the marionette lines filled, although I didn't even mention them.

Since adding the amber lights, my results are faster and more noticable. Unlike your experience, a few age spots on my hands and the marionette lines are just about gone. The amber lights also got rid of lots of broken caps that were around my nose, chin and cheeks. The tiny couple that remain are only apparent in a magnifying mirror.

My face has somehow filled in and plumped up, I suppose it's the collagen kicking in at long last.

I put an update on this thread with what I'm doing now, in case your interested;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

And BTW, the LS will last 100,000 hours not 10,000, so no need to skimp... Laughing

ETA: My eye crinkles are still there, so I'm glad that worked in your favor... Wink

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:

I have the original and have been using it regularly for a year and a half. (@ 1/2 hour per day,

Would you be willing to experiment a little? If so, why don't you try using the light every other day, for a full 3 minutes to each spot.

Also make sure to cleanse and exfoliate before each treatment. I use a microfiber cloth, and swear by it. And if you have any collagen building products or a good vitamin C serum, you can incorporate that in with your treatment as well. I alternate with and without creams etc...

Nothing is written in stone with these lights in my honest opinion. I believe the tool is only as good as the mechanic who is willing to experiment a bit. These lights work, but each person has to figure out how best to get "their" skin to respond.

Try changing things up a bit, and see how it goes. Please keep us all informed, so we can all figure out together how to get the most out of our investments.

ETA: In my experience the amber lights are what worked on the hyperpigmentation. If that's a major part of what concerns you, why don't you get in touch with Joniann, and trade in your original for the anti-aging? Just a thought!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Rickie wrote:
Here is a HUGE question, if anyone knows the answer, I have a total jaw replacement, which means my jaw joints are ALL metal, titanium to be exact. pain for me is a daily beast I fight, but I wonder if I could wand across my joints?
Again, thanks so much, Rickie Very Happy

I hear ya, and I feel your pain. I've had one surgery after the next trying to save a shattered knee, while waiting for my knee replacement surgery....Pain has been my middle name for the last 6 years.

The "Original LightStim" (red/infrared) has helped a great deal with the pain, and has made it so that I can get by with Advil or Tylenol about 90% of the time. It's fantastic for muscles, joints and arthritis pain.

As far as your totally metal jaw, I really don't know if it would help or not. I can tell you that LightStim has a 90 day no questions asked return policy, so if it didn't help you'd have nothing to lose.

I hope to Gawd it helps though, because my titanium knee is waiting in the wings... Shock

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
For those in the UK, the Original Lightstim is now £99.99 (£107.88 plus postage) from the allergymatters site.

Someone posted earlier in this thread about the Original model, saying that it delivers the same results as the AALS, but it takes a bit longer. Is this true?

Curiously allergymatters have the AALS listed on Amazon.co.uk, though it might be the wrong picture on display.

I've emailed to ask if they have the Anti-aging model (it's not shown on their main site, but worth a try)!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Someone posted earlier in this thread about the Original model, saying that is delivers the same results as the AALS, but it takes a bit longer. Is this true?

I started out with the 'Original' LightStim. When the 'Anti-Aging' model came out, I inquired at LS asking what exactly were the additionl benefits if I upgraded.

I was told that the 'original' would give the same results as the 'anti-aging' model, but would just take longer.

Anyway, I kept the original (because I loved it for more than antiaging), and got the Anti-Aging model as well.

I was pleasantly surprised at the speed it worked, and the additional improvement I realized..(It just intensified and speeded up the results!)

Lets face it, I had 90 days to return it, if it didn't deliver....Long story short; it delivered and then some.. I would never part with either of my LS devices. For me, they are worth their weight in gold.. Very Happy To date, they are the best investment I have made.

chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
The last time I read the directions was probably the day I got the LightStim. I've been doing two minutes per spot every day since, like a robot.

I will try that test of three minutes every other day.

I'm thinking about getting the amber model.
lex

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone
this is my first post, I have just bought the lightstim from "Allergy Matters" and was under the illusion that it was the anti-aging version, I did'nt know there was an original version. Anyway, the instructions say to use it for approx 3 mins on each spot, so I did this for the first time last night but was suprised at just how hot it is, I thought that it would feel nice while using it but in fact it feels like it burns Shock and a couple of times I had to hold it away from the skin a little. Anyway, this morning I am just slightly pink across the cheekbones so it must be o.k, Smile can anyone tell me if it is normal to feel very hot, Also do you all use your skincare before using it or after. Thanks everone, I look forward to your replys Very Happy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lex, welcome to the forum!

I have the original and anti-aging models of LightStim, and the original gets warmer than the anti-aging..

Heat is a factor that is really individual though, so it's hard to say how hot is hot.. To me, I wish my original was even warmer, because I use it for body pains, and I actually love the warmth.

If you say it's too hot to apply directly to the skin, than maybe you have a defective unit. Or it could just be you didn't know what to expect and can't tolerate much heat.

To tell which unit you have just look above the on/off switch. The original just says "LightStim" and the anti-aging says "Anti-Aging LightStim".......Also when you turn it on, if it's the anti-aging you will see many yellow/amber bulbs in addition to the red and invisible infrared.

As for the application of creams, the company recommends doing so. For me, I found the best results when alternating, so sometimes I use something and sometimes just my bare cleansed skin..

If you read through this and many other LED threads, you'll find all the info you need, for the best result possible..(Try the links I shared above!)

Good luck!

ETA: The device needs to make contact with your skin for results. You don't have to press, but in does need to touch the skin.

lex

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have just checked and it is the original Lightstim that I have, I am now wondering whether to return it and purchase the anti-aging one, although it will mean paying about another £100.00 Sad but I am not sure if the results would be that much better to justify doing that, so I am still reading through the threads and trying to decide Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
lex, go on the website, and you can read what each light will do; http://www.lightstim.com

You can also contact them with your skin care concerns and they will help you decide the right light for your needs.

mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
okay..
I am loving this website!

so happy to have found you all!
Very Happy

I have been dermarolling for about a month and finding that it is helping my hands a lot and making skin thicker, it seems!
I am looking at getting an LED device.
The Quasar SP is too much $ right now, so I am thinking Lightstim Anti-Aging?

I just want to help with product penetration, pigmentation issues, overall tone and collagen synthesis.
Do you think this would be a good fit?
How much roughly does it cost?
How long is a full-face treatment?

sorry for all of the questions. Confused
Thank you so much for all of your help!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:

I have been dermarolling for about a month and finding that it is helping my hands a lot and making skin thicker, it seems!
I am looking at getting an LED device.
The Quasar SP is too much $ right now, so I am thinking Lightstim Anti-Aging?

I just want to help with product penetration, pigmentation issues, overall tone and collagen synthesis.
Do you think this would be a good fit?
How much roughly does it cost?
How long is a full-face treatment?

sorry for all of the questions. Confused
Thank you so much for all of your help!

Hi there, yes the AALS will address all those issues. The cost is about $329. (Check the site though, because I don't know if they had an increase lately) http://www.lightstim.com .

I think you posted a question on the "How to choose an LED" thread, and stated wanting the light with the shortest treatment time..

If short treatment times are important to you, than you should get the ProLight Platinum. I believe you only have to use that a couple of days a week, for 60 seconds per spot.. You would need to check other threads for the effectiveness though, because I've never used it and haven't heard much about it.

I can tell you that the LS works great for me. It's addressed all the issues you mentioned as well as firmed things up.. I am very committed to it though, and that's what it takes.

It's been 9 months, and I'll never stop using it! I'm on maintenance now, and use it twice a week for about 45 minutes each time.

afterthirty

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased a lightstim after speaking to Steve. I also just purchased a nuFace. Im adding this to my cuurent skincare plan whickh includes cellex c dmae and LEf Rejuvex in the morning and copper/retin a in the evening. I also use a face master 3 times per week and "flex away" every morning. I'll let you know if it offers additional improvement.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
afterthirty wrote:
I just purchased a lightstim after speaking to Steve. I also just purchased a nuFace. Im adding this to my cuurent skincare plan whickh includes cellex c dmae and LEf Rejuvex in the morning and copper/retin a in the evening. I also use a face master 3 times per week and "flex away" every morning. I'll let you know if it offers additional improvement.

WOW! I'd say you have your work cut out for you.. Laughing

I'm not sure what the protocol is as far as the CP's and Retin-A, but it might be best to do your light treatment before applying either of those..

Maybe someone else can jump in that's using them.

Welcome to the forum!

afterthirty

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy Any luck yet with your nuface
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
afterthirty wrote:
Thanks Kassy Any luck yet with your nuface

The NuFace didn't do a thing for my face at all. I finally tried it on the back of my legs, and my butt, and lo and behold it actually gave me a little lift there..

Just when I was ready to give it a go on my face again, the battery wire came apart, and that was the end of that..

Like so many crappola tools before it, I deposited it in the useless tools graveyard.

Some people have great success with it though, so hopefully you will too... If we learn nothing else on EDS forum, the one thing we all know, is no two people can be guaranteed the exact same results with *anything*..

I also believe that everybody has to experiment a bit with everything they use to find what's best for them. It's great to have a general instruction, but many things need to be tweaked individually....And that includes tools, and everything else one puts on their face + body......In my humble opinion.. Very Happy

SadieNM

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my LightStim for Rosacea for a week now. I'd love to start using Obagi products and Retin-A again (my Rosacea skin tolerates it ok). Is it possible to use LED while on Obagi? Is it possible the LED lights may cause brown spots while using Retin-A? Thank you so much!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
You can use your light "PRIOR" to the application of those products.

Keep in mind those products are designed to bring the bad stuff to the surface, so you can expect a worsening of 'brown' spots etc.. for the first month or so, in my opinion.

Perhaps someone who uses O or R will chime in with their routine and suggestions.

DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi afterthirty - You will love the AAlightstim device. I have been using it for over 4 months now and can really see difference with plumping in the cheeks, diminished nasolabial lines, a smoother neck and more even skin tone. Am still looking for something to help with the under eye wrinkles, crows feet, and the beginning of sagging at the corners of the mouth. Noticed you used the facemaster. How long have you been using the facemaster and has it helped you in either of those areas??
Has the facemaster done anything for you??
Your advice is appreciated!! DiPhx

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Kassy_A. I hope someone who uses Obagi responds, too. I went ahead and used Obagi Blender and Retin-A after I used the lightStim. I plan on using Obagi and retin-A, a few times a week to start. I'm using the LightStim for 3 min every area, every night. So far, my skin looks more radiant. Even DH commented on it, and said the light must be working. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |