Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - when you say collagen would that be for thickening or would it also tighten and lift? Or is that more a NuFace kind of thing? I have very thick skin as it is and no wrinkles but even with mine I do see a brightening and smoothing and firming to the surface. Nothing as deep as the muscles though. So I would assume the AA would do more of the same? What about pore minimizing? I would think if the skin were tightened enough that could happen.

I have been away for so long and don't have days/hours to catch up on the threads. Are people now preferring this to the BQ? Thanks for the tip about the exchange. I got my original one during a sale and it was dirt cheap. It has gone way up since then.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
The BQ is the Baby Quasar.

AALS is the Anti-Aging LightStim
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Apart from Kassy's Pre-LED treatment, are you girls using any other cream/lotion for your LED light?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi can someone tell me if it helps to even out the skintone? I dont know why but my skin is very uneven. Like it's thinner/lighter on the cheeks compared to the rest of the face. Using AHA doesnt seem to help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
^^ Do you own the LS?

I think when it comes to skin tone, that is the most obvious change I have had with using the AALS. And also my skin has become a little firmer. I'm only in my 2nd month... Hopefully more good stuff to come!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I dont have it yet. Im getting it soon and sharing it with my mom! I was asking because uneven skintone is a major concern for me. I hope it works.
Just wondering has your skin improved to the point that you dont need to wear makeup anymore that is if you wear makeup?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
funkydory: Sometimes I use the Kassy LED Pre-Treatment and sometimes the Kassy 15% Vit C, E + Ferulic. Mostly it depends if I am using the AALS in the morning or at night.

I still have some of my L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening serum left that I am trying to use up. So once a week or so I use that.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Milbader,
Do you do the c/e plus Ferulic cocktail before the light treatment? Or do you leaveit on the treatment?
Kassy is so awesome and helpful!
I have been using her c/e plus Ferulic now for 2 wks ( with e-oil,vodka,glycerine,and distilled h20)
It is already so much better than the SkinCeutical version I have used for a couple of years!
I have a prolight platinum, but some of the lights are out Confused So I am sending it back for a replacement.

HMMM: any thoughts if AALS is better? My main issues are hyperpigmentation,and collagen rebuilding.

I would SOOO love to spring for the Dermawave on NCN but it isn't in the cards financially at this minute. Sad

Thanks so much! Very Happy

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda: Yes, I apply the Kassy Vit C, E + Ferulic and wait 45 min or so and then use the AALS. I also wait about the same amount of time when using the Kassy LED Pre-Treatment before I use the AALS.

Are you sure the lights are out or are they the infra-red that appear to be out since we cannot see them.

I don't know which is better but I am happy with my AALS.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
manda, are you sure the lights are actually out? Don't forget that the "infrared" lights, are not visible to the naked eye, and just *appear* to be out.

I think you should keep working with the 'platinum', because it should help with all your concerns over the longterm.

To be fair, I believe any LED user, needs to commit 6 months to a good regime that includes topicals, treatments and whatever it takes to increase cell turnover.. After all, we could use an LED device till doomsday, but if it's sitting on top of a pile of dead skin cells, it's never going to give good results.

For those who own AALS:

Take a good look at your AALS, paying particular attention to the colors you see.. I assure you it already has the best of what DW considers the *best*..

A long time ago I posted good info on the amber/orange wavelength being a powerhouse... Believe me when I tell you, I did enough homework for all of us.. Shock

ETA: Same thought, same time as Mil.. Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
CarpeFelis
5% products discount

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the AALS for a month now. I wasn't seeing much in the way of results until I thought to check the ingredients of the cleanser I was using pre-treatment. Sure enough, oils. After switching to Cetaphil (the Gentle version, not the Daily which also has oils) about a week ago, I now notice that a patch of reddish sun-damaged skin on my chest, just below the base of the neck, has almost completely cleared up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I dont have it yet. Im getting it soon and sharing it with my mom! I was asking because uneven skintone is a major concern for me. I hope it works.
Just wondering has your skin improved to the point that you dont need to wear makeup anymore that is if you wear makeup?

When I go to work, I don't wear make up at all. I have been using the AALS for about a month now? Sometimes I do put on some foundation to hide some scars but I must say the AALS has greatly improved my skintone to make it look more healthy
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
wow your skin must be good to begin with. I have to wear makeup everyday. Has your scars improved?
Im getting my lightstim soon. I will do a before and after. I hope to even out my skintone and fade my red marks from pimples.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I'm a new member and have been following your posts for a few week, thank you, so interesting. I have just ordered an Omnilux New-U so will be sure to let you know how it is. I choose this based on their FDA approval and have had several in salon Omnilux treatments with fantastic results.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
askamanda wrote:
Hi Kassy, I'm a new member and have been following your posts for a few week, thank you, so interesting. I have just ordered an Omnilux New-U so will be sure to let you know how it is. I choose this based on their FDA approval and have had several in salon Omnilux treatments with fantastic results.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your Omnilux purchase..

Please be sure to share your ongoing results, as we all love to know what works well, and what to pass by..

I don't believe there is an Omnilux thread yet, so maybe after you've used it a bit, you can start one..

Good luck!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I got my lightstim 3 days ago and have been using it daily. When I started using the lightstim, I already had some clogged pores and pimples. Im not sure if it's due to the lightstim, but my condition has worsened. Please tell me if it's not advisable to use the anti ageing lightstim when the skin is clogged? Or should I reduce the usage? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I got my lightstim 3 days ago and have been using it daily. When I started using the lightstim, I already had some clogged pores and pimples. Im not sure if it's due to the lightstim, but my condition has worsened. Please tell me if it's not advisable to use the anti ageing lightstim when the skin is clogged? Or should I reduce the usage? Sad

You need to clean + exfoliate the dead, clogged skin + pores, prior to using any LED..

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I do clean my skin. But if I use it everyday, does that mean I'll have to exfoliate everyday too? Is that excessive?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't think we should follow the manufacturer's instructions all the time. When I got my rosacea light, I did it every night. In the beginning it worked wonders, but then suddenly I got papules everyday. In their email to me, they said I should increase the treatment time to 10 minutes per area if it did not improve. That was what I did, but papules keep coming. Then one night I had to take a friend to emergency and we waited for a long time. By the time I got home, I did not have the energy to do the light. The next morning I found my skin getting better! Imagine my surprise! Anyway then I realized that I should not be do it every night. I cut down the frequency to 4 times a week, and my skin is improving (rosacea light for cheeks, and AA for other areas.)

HTH
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. Im going to cut down the usage time and see how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a good rule of thumb regarding exfoliation; the older you are, the more you need to exfoliate.

I also agree with what has been mentioned about varying a bit from the manufacturer's suggesstions on frequency of use..

Each individuals needs will vary some based on age, skin needs/condition, etc.. I don't believe one size fits all, whether it is LED's or anything else..

The best judge of exactly what "your" skin needs, will be dictated by "your skin".... It will tell you loud and clear what it needs, so just watch for the clues. Personally I don't think ANY LED should be used daily... Why you say? Well here's what I think, and it's just my humble opinion..

The basic job of an LED is to target the fibroblasts, which in turn will generate new collagen.. So now you do a thorough treatment, the fibroblasts are stimulated, which now encourages the mitochondria to make more ATP.. This all works together, to form new collagen.. I believe at this point, a day or two of *rest* is needed to allow the job to be done..

From things I have read while researching this topic to death, I've come across something that's called "Collagen digesting enzymes".. It is only my opinion, but I believe that daily treatments with an LED, could in fact cause this, by *overstimulating* the fibroblast cells..

So the long and short of it, which is only my opinion, is that no LED should be used more frequently than every other day at first, and then twice per week after 6 weeks. Personally though, I had great results, by using my AALS 4 or 5 times per week at first, and then twice per week thereafter. Now, I'm lucky if I get to it once every two weeks, but that is only because life has gotten in the way lately.. I hope to get back to twice per week very soon.

Hope that helps a little, but take it with a grain of salt, as it is only my opinion.

ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I "shed" a lot more dead skin since I started using LS. Can I take it as a positive sign of increased cell turnover rate?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
I "shed" a lot more dead skin since I started using LS. Can I take it as a positive sign of increased cell turnover rate?

I'd say yes, especially if you have acids or Retin-A in your regime..(Skin turnover is a very good thing, so just wipe those flakes away with a microfiber cloth.)

If it is not caused by acids plus the LED, then you are experiencing plain old dry skin, and need to up your water intake, and use a nice oil AFTER your treatment.

Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I just posted on the AALS thread about ordering my LightStim. When I talked to Steve about everyday use, he told me that there is alot of misinformation on the internet about this. In his opinion, this should be used everyday or you will just have slower results. He said the temp. of the light never goes above 103. So, even if you fell asleep with it on, it wouldn't hurt you. I'm just repeating what he told me. What do you think about this Question
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Kassy,

I just posted on the AALS thread about ordering my LightStim. When I talked to Steve about everyday use, he told me that there is alot of misinformation on the internet about this. In his opinion, this should be used everyday or you will just have slower results. He said the temp. of the light never goes above 103. So, even if you fell asleep with it on, it wouldn't hurt you. I'm just repeating what he told me. What do you think about this Question

Well here's my answer to that.. I've been using it 23 months, and what I posted is what has done me the most good (for me)..

Why not ask Steve if he has used it? If so, than of course consider what he says, but if not, well then, we're back to square one..

Personally I think every day is too much, and the heat it generates has nothing to do with it..

As with everything, we all need to tweak things, to see what benefits us the most.

Perhaps others will share their own experiences, of how they get the best result.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |