Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is strictly hearsay, and but I have heard that Rita's galvanic/US is Not a 2 MHz, but actually a 3 MHz. Just wanted to mention that I have heard this and not trying to start WW3, ok? Very Happy

Here is what Rita has on the website for her galvanic/ultrasound device;

The ProLight Ultrasound/Galvanic Device incorporates the frequency of 2MHz which allows for superficial and deep penetration of active ingredients and enhanced rejuvenation of the skin for the face and body. Devices that are 1MHz are used exclusively for the body.

Wow Keliu, I'm surprised she answered like that..

The page for the galvanic/ultrasound does have a good bit of info, in case you just want to check that part out;

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/catalog/item/6603459/6528796.htm

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Rita hasnt replied me. I guess I'll probably get the bellaire one from Jennifer at 21st century skincare in the future. At least she bothers to reply.
And yea Im surprised Rita replied like that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Here is what Rita has on the website for her galvanic/ultrasound device;

The ProLight Ultrasound/Galvanic Device incorporates the frequency of 2MHz which allows for superficial and deep penetration of active ingredients and enhanced rejuvenation of the skin for the face and body. Devices that are 1MHz are used exclusively for the body.

This is a Runve model. Here is a website for the model Rita is selling. I cannot read Chinese unfortunately, but at the bottom of the page it says it is 1 MHz.

http://www.beauty-instrument.com/AR-999.htm
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry.... didn't know it wouldn't take you to translation...will try again.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe that one design comes in a couple of different strengths..

I couldn't make anything out on the Chinese site.. Laughing I'd tend to trust Rita on this one. It's hard to imagine a professional making such a disatrous mistake with a facial appliance.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Step 1: Go to Babelfish:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Ste[ 2: Cut and paste link from Chinese website into the "Translate a web page" area remembering not to duplicate the http://

http://www.beauty-instrument.com/AR-999.htm

choose Chinese-Trad to English

That should do it.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
When you go to look at other pages they will show up in English.

Very interesting stuff for sure!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
There is more than one model. Here is info for the AR-999

he supersonic wave inducts the meter series: The electric current ion inducts meter AR-999

External dimensions: 172 * 47 * 50mm.

Main body weight: 148g.

Uses the power source: Enters the strength: AC 100 - 240V 50/60Hz/output: DC 12V 500mA (1MHZ).

The main body expends the electric power: 6W.

The supersonic wave inducts the meter period of revolution: Please refer to the instruction for use

The supersonic wave inducts the meter function way: The electric current ion inducts the meter is mainly, after use supersonic wave conduction seepage function and positive and negative ionic potential induction characteristic both union, (maintenance and so on) the biography causes again because of the supersonic wave seismic wave the intermediary medium the skin in-depth organization, acceleration metabolism, achieves is only white, eliminates the wrinkle with the effect tightly.

The supersonic wave inducts the meter to use the region: Face/body.

The supersonic wave inducts the meter material quality: Metal, ABS, PP.

Accessories: Transformer, operating manual, written guarantee, clean towel 30pcs/package.

Product: Taiwan.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the Bellair website:

http://www.ultrabeautydevice.com/handhelds.html

They state that they are the only ones manufacturing an authentic 2MHz device. They also say somewhere that devices which are both 1 - 3MHz are unreliable and that a device needs to be either 1,2 or 3MHz not a combination of all.

I sound as though I'm really promoting the Bellair one - I'm not because I've never used it. But I just happen to have been looking into this lately because I was thinking of buying a new ultrasound.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
It may also be that the ProLight/Utrasound is custom manufactured to the 2 MHz specs using the same body as the 1 MHz model.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for tellig me Ritas ultrasonic device is the runve brand. It's actually popular in Taiwan and Bangkok and they sell it much cheaper there. There are some people in my country using it.
Here's an english website for it.

http://www.runve.net/Products.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Thanks for tellig me Ritas ultrasonic device is the runve brand. It's actually popular in Taiwan and Bangkok and they sell it much cheaper there. There are some people in my country using it.
Here's an english website for it.

http://www.runve.net/Products.html

This device does not look the same as the ProLight one.

Item
You will get: stimulator x 1pc, manual x 1pc, color box x 1pc, ac adaptor x 1pc, warranty card x 1pc (All approx. 1kg)
Model: AR380
Brand: Runve
Stimulator dimension: 170 x 60 x 100mm
Power used: 12 VDC 0.3A
Vibration frequency: 1MHz (This frequency range is safe to be used at home)
Power consumption: 5 W
Adaptor input: 220V (suitable for Sg)
Box size: 270 x 65 x 230mm
User manual: English & Chinese

Plus 1MHz is not for use on the face, it's for body only.

This is from the ProLight website:

What is the difference between 3MHz , 2MHz, and 1MHz?

[i]Many individuals, when shopping for an ultrasound facial device, tend to believe that a higher number would mean deeper penetration of active ingredients or a more effective rejuvenation treatment. So, they buy a 3 MHZ device, thinking the larger the number the better. However, when it comes to ultrasound frequency.....it is actually the opposite. 1MHz ultrasound frequency is too deep for facial skin treatments, while 3MHz ultrasound frequency is too shallow with limited penetration. 1MHz ultrasound waves can penetrate deeply into muscle and bones, so therefore this frequency is not indicated for the facial skin treatments, but rather for therapeutic treatments relating to musculoskeletal ailments. The ProLight Ultrasound/Galvanic Device incorporates the frequency of 2MHz which allows for superficial and deep penetration of active ingredients and enhanced rejuvenation of the skin for the face and body. Devices that are 1MHz are used exclusively for the body.[/i]

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
They state that they are the only ones manufacturing an authentic 2MHz device. They also say somewhere that devices which are both 1 - 3MHz are unreliable and that a device needs to be either 1,2 or 3MHz not a combination of all.

I sound as though I'm really promoting the Bellair one - I'm not because I've never used it. But I just happen to have been looking into this lately because I was thinking of buying a new ultrasound.

I know, I sound as if I am promoting the Bellaire, as well. I have purchased the 2 MHz and the ezzi-peel from Mr. Yeung. He has said the same thing to me, that they are the only manufacturers of the 2 MHz US. What I have received from Bellaire has been good quality, and Mr. Yeung will definitely answer all your questions before you purchase anything.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This device does not look the same as the ProLight one.

[i]Item
You will get: stimulator x 1pc, manual x 1pc, color box x 1pc, ac adaptor x 1pc, warranty card x 1pc (All approx. 1kg)
Model: AR380
Brand: Runve

It isn't the same one as what Rita sells. She sells the AR-999.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
What I have received from Bellaire has been good quality, and Mr. Yeung will definitely answer all your questions before you purchase anything.

That's good to know. I'm pretty sure Bethany has the Bellair Ultrasound - I emailed her but didn't get a reply, she hasn't be around for a while.

At least Bellair is the manufacturing company and not just some on-seller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am so on the verge of ordering this. I'm looking at getting the blue acne light as acne is a bigger concern for me right now.

It is a bummer that from the time this thread started the price on this has doubled! But they do appear to have made some improvements along the way. How often do they have sales or coupons?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote a PM to Rita about the confusion with the Ultrasound/Galvanic device.. Here is her response, posted with her permission;

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for letting me know what has been happening on the message board. The debate of 1mhz, versus 2mhz, versus 3mhz will continue for the next million years.

The company who manufactures the Ultrasound/Galvanic device , has specified that the unit is 2mhz. That is the technical specifications that were provided to me and tested for. However,just recently,very recently, the manufacturer has explained that they have re-designed and it is 1mhz, the lower frequency which has deeper penetration, and has high and low settings to accommodate for penetration for not just the face, but for the body. The device can be used on the face and body. In addition, it incorporates galvanic current and massage settings. It has 5 functions in one device for facial firming, toning, penetration, and deep pore cleansing.

One final note,.....one must keep in mind that this is "not" medical ultrasound equipment. These are beauty devices and not medical equipment. The FDA watches these claims very closely.

My website will be updated and corrected.

Take care,
Rita

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
However,just recently,very recently, the manufacturer has explained that they have re-designed and it is 1mhz, the lower frequency which has deeper penetration, and has high and low settings to accommodate for penetration for not just the face, but for the body. The device can be used on the face and body. In addition, it incorporates galvanic current and massage settings. It has 5 functions in one device for facial firming, toning, penetration, and deep pore cleansing.

What the........! 1MHz should not be used on the face. What's going on here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
From what she wrote, it sounds like there should be something on the device to *adjust* the strenth.. It's not exactly crystal clear though.. Confused

Hopefully she'll update the info on the site soon.

Honestly, there's always something... Rolling Eyes

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
From what she wrote, it sounds like there should be something on the device to *adjust* the strenth.. It's not exactly crystal clear though.. Confused

That's probably the case - I know that the Facemate goes from 1 - 3MHz. However, my research has led me to believe that these multiple devices can be inaccurate. You're much better buying a device that is either 1, 2 or 3MHz.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
The company who manufactures the Ultrasound/Galvanic device , has specified that the unit is 2mhz. That is the technical specifications that were provided to me and tested for. However,just recently,very recently, the manufacturer has explained that they have re-designed and it is 1mhz, the lower frequency which has deeper penetration, and has high and low settings to accommodate for penetration for not just the face, but for the body. The device can be used on the face and body. In addition, it incorporates galvanic current and massage settings. It has 5 functions in one device for facial firming, toning, penetration, and deep pore cleansing.

Who "tested" the specs for this - Rita or the manufacturer? Unfortunately we are at the mercy of a lot of sellers/manufacturers and have no way to test these units for ourselves. We have to take peoples words for it, which as we have seen from other threads can be quite dangerous since most sellers are just reporting what information they themselves were given.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Eggzzzaaacckkly!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Eggzzzaaacckkly!

Laughing (At least I got something right! Very Happy)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
What I have received from Bellaire has been good quality, and Mr. Yeung will definitely answer all your questions before you purchase anything.

That's good to know. I'm pretty sure Bethany has the Bellair Ultrasound - I emailed her but didn't get a reply, she hasn't be around for a while.

At least Bellair is the manufacturing company and not just some on-seller.

Hi there...I had the Bellaire 3mhz.

I would personally go for the 2mhz now, and would also definitely go with the Bellaire model since they have such great support.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I would personally go for the 2mhz now, and would also definitely go with the Bellaire model since they have such great support.

I purchased it the other day!! Am awaiting it's arrival with baited breath. I just know it's going to make all the difference! - yeah right!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |