Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
argh Im jealous! I want one too. Haha please do a review? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I would personally go for the 2mhz now, and would also definitely go with the Bellaire model since they have such great support.

I purchased it the other day!! Am awaiting it's arrival with baited breath. I just know it's going to make all the difference! - yeah right!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just wait until you use it...as I have said before, it is as exciting as pressing the back of a spoon to your face. Rolling Eyes

But there are studies showing that it can greatly exhance product penetration through cavitation, and that's a good thing! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
For those who are interested in ultrasound (me 2), here is the info from Dr. Huber & Mr. Yeung of Bellaire:

"......It is not the Mhz that is the issue, but the watts (or joules) per square centimeter AND the technique. The mhz only describes the depth of penetration, a 3 mhz for example barely penetrates the stratum corneum, and a 1 mhz will reach into and perhaps beyond the dermis......

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:09 am
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:25 am

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=405022&highlight=yeung+cm2#405022
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Rita hasnt replied me. I guess I'll probably get the bellaire one from Jennifer at 21st century skincare in the future. At least she bothers to reply.
And yea Im surprised Rita replied like that.

i also had quite a bad experience before, she didnt answer my question and was rather blunt. so i didnt buy anything from her with that kind of service..
Hawaiiwin

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing This morming, I used my AALS for the first time. YAY!! While absorbed in a book, using a timer, I gently held it against my skin for 2 minutes on each of my under-eye puffies.
And now, I can personally vouch for the lymph drainage capacity of the AALS device!
I have 2 perfect AALS imprints under each eye, where the puffiness went away exactly -- and only! -- where each LED was placed upon it...
Five hours later... they're fading, but I still look very silly, and next time, I will slightly rub the device around, instead of spacing out and just letting it sit there.
OOPS!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hawaiian - I think you meant to post on the AntiAging Light Stim thread, not this one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I used my lightstim last night for the first time in 2 weeks as I had a bad cold (only been using it for 2 weeks ). My face is always very slightly puffy fisrt thing in the morning but this morning it is really puffy, even my husband noticed, I would say it is twice as puffy as normal.
Has anyone else had this, I am now going to lay down with ice for 5 minutes before I have to go to work, this is so embarrasing Sad

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I've been lurking and reading this forum and searching the web for 3 weeks now and I'm more confused than ever on LEDs/light therapy/etc. I want something to firm my skin, reduce pores and wrinkles and, frankly don't care about the price as much as wanting something that works and is relatively easy to use... How to decide/ who to trust?

I know that there is a lot of info here on this topic, but I haven't been able to put it all together in an understandable way so, I thank you for any advice... that might help me make a good decision.

anniez
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am selling my AALS. Please pm me for details.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Presumably you are preferring the DPL to the AALS - I think I do too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Presumably you are preferring the DPL to the AALS - I think I do too!
]]

Do you think it's a better machine/see better resutls, Keliu, or is it purely the time saving aspect?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Do you think it's a better machine/see better resutls, Keliu, or is it purely the time saving aspect?

The time saving aspect is a huge plus. In addition you get a full face 17 minute treatment which feels more "professional". As for results, I'm really liking the way my skin looks at the moment. (Just more healthy looking, smooth and problem free). But I also made some changes to the serums I use about the same time as I started using the DPL. So it could be the serums, the DPL or a combination of both.

It is really nice to stick your head in the thing without all the timing though!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the DPL LED Lights in my private practice for the last three months. I have to say I am SERIOUSLY impressed with the results I am seeing and the feedback that I am receiving from my clients. I understand the "if it sounds to good to be true, it is" thing, oh do I understand that one, however there is also the fact that "often the best things are the simplest" and I have to say that this item truly falls into that category.

This is going to be a long post but I encourage you to read it. It is informative and often humorous and you will learn some interesting things at the least.

First, I am a licensed esthetician who has been working full time in the field for the last three and a half years. I also hold several healthcare related certifications and other wellness related degrees and have my own natural line of therapeutic skin care products.

I am also a geek to the core and web site designer and researcher that will hunt things down. The information I found on the LED technology prompted my to try it myself. After that I had to bring it into my practice! This is what I know about it.

The DPL is based on 40 years of NASA research. They way I explain it to my clients is this: Remember when you were little and would shine a flashlight on your hand and you could see how red it looked due to the fact that the light could easily shine thru the skin? It works the same way. Different wavelengths of the LED's penetrate below the surface of the skin WITHOUT the need to damage the skin in any way at all to stimulate the collagen and elastin production - sweet!

No pain and no downtime. Several of my clients actually say they notice a firming and toning effect after their very first session. Several have also told me that after the second to third session people are commenting on how good their skin is looking. - Again, sweet!

The original technology was developed by NASA - they were working with light to stimulate plant growth for food in space. They chose to work with LED light due to the fact that you can get a very narrowly focused specific wavelength and they don't produce a lot of heat. Then they found out that when the astronauts got hurt they would not heal while out in space, they would after returning to earth - my theory is that it is at least in part due to a lack of oxygen and NASA also says it had something to do with gravity. Anyway.....

They thought "this works on plants, lets see if it works on people - it did - due to the fact that our skin is actually fairly transparent the LED light is able to penetrate below the surface - different wavelengths penetrate to different depths - and stimulate cell responses. According to NASA specs red LED's in the 660 nm range stimulate collagen and elastin to start producing in as little as 24 hours without any damage at all to the skin. The DPL units also incorporate an 880 nm LED in the panels which stimulate cells to produce a natural analgesic (no pain with no drugs) and can accelerate healing up to 200% faster.

Now I don't offer anything in my practice that I have not already personally experienced and did God hold me true to that one. I was loving the anti-aging aspects for sure, the turkey neck was already 50% better after just 6 17 min. sessions (1 week, you can do them daily), the puffy eyes didn't greet me in the mirror in the morning any more and I didn't cringe nearly as bad from the sunlight car side mirror view (that's also the view that allows you to see the chin hairs you missed - sigh) after just the second session my boyfriend commented that he noticed a general evening of my overall complexion (I have sun spots and freckles, born in AZ, baby oil generation)and now most of my client guess my age to be at least 10 yrs younger than I am (51).

What I also discovered was that this thing has INCREDIBLE pain management and healing aspects.

God's lesson 1: While unpacking a massage table it landed on the top of my foot, splitting the skin, taking me down (took me almost a full min to regain my composure and get up off the floor). I had appointments so it was a good two hours before I had a chance to do anything. The pain literally went from an 8 to a 2 with just one session. I repeated the session again later in the evening. The next morning, while it was tender to push on, there was no bruising and no swelling.

God's lesson 2: Being a force of one (print work, web work, office, single mom, 3 cats, 2 dogs, I am always behind on something.) This morning I noticed I had missed a spot while pressing my skirt so I grabbed the steamer and proceeded to fix it with my skirt on (yes this is where we all say "are you that dumb" sadly yes) and gave myself a lovely steam burn.

We all know how wonderful those feel and how the feeling just stays with you. Ouch. I got to the office and had only a few minutes so had time to only do 10 min with the light. It was enough. The pain left never to return, there was no blister and I actually forgot about it until a few days later when my boyfriend asked what the peeling area was.

God's lesson 3: (are we clueing in here that I am genetically clumsy? I am.) This one is soooo stupid that I lied to my boyfriend about how it happened because I didn't want to hear how stupid I was. (deservedly) let's just say it involved me in a rush, me dropping the face plate to my car stereo, me with my left arm trapped under my drivers seat, me overbalanced so my right hand is dragging on the ground while my foot slips off the brake, the car is in reverse and I am telling the 13 year old to "stop the car" (like dragging my hand on the ground is going to help ms. flintstone) - all that did was sandpaper my thumb - gratefully she hit the parking brake and put it into park but the event left me with a bruised area on the entire upper area of my left arm. I used the light 3 times over the next two days. The lower edge of the bruise turned purple like a crescent moon but the rest went immediately to the yellow green phase and by the third day you could press it with no noticeable pain and by the fifth day it was gone. SWEET TWICE.

I had a client come in for sessions for neuropathy in his feet due to diabetes. After his first session he left, then he came back and he said " I had to come back and tell you, I truly notice a difference" - I have a friend with RA in her hands and she can only close them half way, claw like. We are polar opposites, me having an M. Div and she doesn't even believe but our friendship works. She came in and we did one session. She looked at me speechless while opening and closing her hand fully. Another friend who is an office manager for counseling agency used it on her bad knee one session. She called me a week later saying "I need one, my knee was better for a week!"

I recently had one client tell me something very interesting. People ask if they need goggles. I offer them but let them know that there is no evidence that they are harmful to the eye at all and in point of fact there have been studies using them to see if they can help with macular degeneration. My client does not have macular degeneration but she does have a retina issue from what she has told me.

My client was fully informed and at her own discretion kept her eye open during her treatment - she came back in a few days later - and I had no idea that she had done this - and she told me that when she went home that day she actually had noticed an improvement in her sight - she kept her eyes open again for next session. We shall see what she reports.

Another client returned with another interesting story. She has to fly for her job and that can be stressful anyway. She is apparently very prone to sinus infections and says, for her, it is generally a 10 day run with them. She said she felt one coming the day she had her first session. She said she felt really bad the following day and even worse the day after but the next day after that, the forth day, she awoke all better - she claims that that never happens and she swears it is due to the light treatment. Perhaps, it was shining on the nasal cavity area and it can stimulate cell response and may have an effect on immune system response. I do know that there are some amber wavelengths that will stimulate a detox effect.

I cannot say one way or the other but I have had to start putting print outs for people in my office to prove I am not crazy on what I found during my research which included a study by the University of Wisconsin using the lights to help children that undergo chemo treatments so that they have less problems with mouth ulcers that develop due to the chemo treatments, to the study where it helped patients suffering from long term traumatic brain trauma to the point that one man was able to go off of disability and return to full time work (blessing or not???).

Personally I believe that we have only scratched the surface of this technology and that 10 yrs from now many invasive treatments will be considered obsolete compared with this type of therapy.

I also work with the Nuve' Blue LED light, made by the same company as the DPL and it works as well too. Acne clears up and stays gone, blemishes and pimples run in fear (wink), they even have water bottles out now for hikers that incorporate a blue led light wand that they swirl in the water to kill the bacteria to make the water safe to drink. Same technology base.

In my experience and from the feedback of my clients I would have to say in this case "it is good and it is true" Sweet.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried

STOP™ Radio Frequency Skin Rejuvenation Wand for Home Use
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
moongoddess wrote:

The time saving aspect is a huge plus. In addition you get a full face 17 minute treatment which feels more "professional". As for results, I'm really liking the way my skin looks at the moment. (Just more healthy looking, smooth and problem free). But I also made some changes to the serums I use about the same time as I started using the DPL. So it could be the serums, the DPL or a combination of both.

It is really nice to stick your head in the thing without all the timing though!

THanks Keliu.

Tikifaythe - Hysterical (did that REALLY happen w/ the car???)!!! ohh, God...i needed a good laugh today-- and thanks for the experiencial information... This continues to be on my short list.
tikifaythe

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, that did happen. I am just fun fun fun. LOL. I am sure I will have many more laughs for the forum over the coming months. It is the nature of me. Once I turned 50 I stopped apologizing for it! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Tikifaythe, your post had me cracking up! Laughing Welcome to the forums!

One thing you said really intrigued me regarding the light therapy and macular degeneration, do you have more info about this? My MIL had it, and I really want hubby to take care of himself. Do you think this light will help?
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great post, Tikifaythe. You've inspired me to keep using my DPL. I was a little concerned because they LED Technologies website doesn't list any anti-aging benefits of the DPL anymore, only the pain relief benefits. And I have wondered why.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |