Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Catski.
Yes I agree. If the LED lights is supposed to reduce inflamation, then it would work for other things.

It did work on my daughter. I watched it basically almost dissapear within 12 hours, the next day I looked at it, and said WOW.

I think this is what happened. I didn't think about it, but I should have took a picture.

She got bit before. It was all red and swollen for days/week.

She came home from school, showed it to me, and I looked at it and it was at least 2" round in diamater around the bite, raised up, swollen and red. I am not kidding. And I know how she is allergic to these kinds of things.

I'm not saying this is for everyone. But I tried it. Why not?

By the next morning, and told her, let me see your leg. She put her leg up, and I looked at it, where is it? she pointed to it, all you can see was the hole bite where actually bitten.
The redness and swelling was gone and best of all the LED took out the inflamation which took out the itching. She said it didn't itch no more. So I definitly learned something here.
Also these LED lights are used in Burn Units to help heal faster.

I would not substitue this LED light for medical attention if needed. No way. But, for little things it might have an added benefit.

Maybe if someone reads this and they are cooking and you know how you can touch the edge of a pan and get burned, first cool the light burn with cold water to stop the burning process. Then try putting the light on it to see how it heals faster?

FYI.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All. Thanks for posting your progress Tamera. It sounds like you have received your money's worth already! I haven't received my LS yet but should receive it any day now. Once I receive it I will be sure to also share my progress with you all.
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is on the way too. I am so looking forward to it.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost beside myself waiting to hear everyone's results. I have my finger's crossed that you have wonderful results as I would really like to get one for myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tamara, I'm really interested in your results on those bumps under your eyes (milia). I've been plagued with milia for years and have some large ones and if LS can reduce them, it'll be worth splurging on Very Happy Are they continuing to improve? Thanks!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Anya.
The little bumps do seem to be improving. They are still there, but smaller? And, I'm not really sure if they are Millia or not. From what I read on another website when trying to research the correct name for them, they are called Syringomas, You can look them up on the net, to see if yours are like this. There are some pictures posted under Syringomas.

But WHATEVER they are called, they are shrinking slowly. They are not as high as they were before.

For the past 2 weeks, I have used the light almost every night at betime in bed watching TV. (except I did skip 1 or 2 nights when I fell asleep).

I can say my skin is most definitly tighter and I will NOT be returning it. My pores are smaller and my inflamation (rosacia) is not as bad.

We went to the resturant the other day, and I have ate this ginger dish before. When eating alot of Ginger in an Asian dish, my face always gets really red for some reason. It has happened many times.

But when I went to the restroom to wash my hands after eating, I looked at my face and it was barely tinged with red. And my face pores was smaller. I hope no one was watching me, I just kept looking at my face, turning my head to the side, front, side again.

I have some brown sun spots on the right side of my face. They are not as dark as they used to be, but lighting, not as fast as I would like for them too, but again it's only been 2 weeks.

As I posted before about 1 week ago:
* My pores are definitly smaller.
* My redness has been reduced.
* My brown spot is lighting some (Which it was totally gone NOW)
* The line between my eyebrows is not as deep.
* The line across my forward is hardly noticible and has been reduced. I think because the skin is tighter.

I will continue to use and post.
It has been 2 weeks since I received the LS. I took pictures before using.

In about 4 weeks, I may post some after (4) week pictures. P.S. And I don't really keep track of how long I keep it in one spot. When watching TV, you tend to listen to TV.

Tamera.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tamara,
How long did it take for you to receive you LightStim?

J
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
It did take a while. About 1.5 week. Then I had to email them. So if it has been 1.5 week, I would email them. They respond quickly to emails usually.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I just got my tracking number -- my Lightstim should be here by Monday -- Yaaay!

I'll try and post some progress pictures.

Does anyone have any advice for a LSV (Lightstim Virgin)?

-- BEE Very Happy
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Ok. I had something weird by good happen on Thursday.

I needed to use my backup daycare. My husband drops my daughter off and I pick her up.

Soooo. When I went to pick her up, the lady (which is about 60) looked at me, and said? what happened to your face? I thought something was on my face. LOL.

I looked at her, she said, Can I feel of your face? I thought that was kind of weird. Remember she had seen me before but not in a while because she is only my backup daycare.

She put her hand on the side of my face and said "Your skin is so soft and smoothe" I just said Thank you.

That made me feel good.

I have skipped a couple days on the LS. But went back to it again last night.
My face this morning is Glowing and it does look good. Not tooting my own horn, but it does and I am pleased.

Here is my routine.
Evening PM:
Wash face.
Dr. Denese Glycolic facial firming pads.
IS Clinical Super Serum
LightStim LED light for about 1 hour total.

Morning AM:
Wash Face.
DMAE 6% serum. (Candessence)

That is it.

I hardly need makeup. Although I do put it on, because I don't feel totally correct without it YET.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok. I had something weird by good happen on Thursday.

I needed to use my backup daycare. My husband drops my daughter off and I pick her up.

Soooo. When I went to pick her up, the lady (which is about 60) looked at me, and said? what happened to your face? I thought something was on my face. LOL.

I looked at her, she said, Can I feel of your face? I thought that was kind of weird. Remember she had seen me before but not in a while because she is only my backup daycare.

She put her hand on the side of my face and said "Your skin is so soft and smoothe" I just said Thank you.

That made me feel good.

I have skipped a couple days on the LS. But went back to it again last night.
My face this morning is Glowing and it does look good. Not tooting my own horn, but it does and I am pleased.

Here is my routine.
Evening PM:
Wash face.
Dr. Denese Glycolic facial firming pads.
IS Clinical Super Serum
LightStim LED light for about 1 hour total.

Morning AM:
Wash Face.
DMAE 6% serum. (Candessence)

That is it.

I hardly need makeup. Although I do put it on, because I don't feel totally correct without it YET.
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was psyched to read your post this morning Tamera, because I just got my LS today, and I am sooo excited to get started!

I used it a couple of hours ago, and now I have a raging headache !! Crying or Very sad
I rarely get headaches, so I am pretty sure that it is the LS. Has this happened to anyone else?

-- Bee
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I got a neck ache one night, because I was laying in bed and had the light on one cheek etc.
But that was due to my way I was laying and twisting my neck to use LightStim and watch TV too. ha ha

Try putting the light on the back of your neck. The LED light is supposed to reduce inflamation. Worth a try. Maybe just maybe, you held your neck to taunt during your treatment causing a neck/headache.

But, No. I have not received a headache with the LS, and I am prone to headaches.

I would suggest taking it easy. Using it for shorter periods of time, then increase gradually. It just may be you were due for a headache.

The only thing I have noticed is when I put the LS near my mouth, under my chin facing upward toward mouth. (mouth closed). It seems like I can feel something, but not sure what it is. My teeth have been a little sensitive lately, but that could be due to trying to get my teeth whiter by using baking soda and peroxide. I do know my gums tend to be swollen at times due to excessive brushing with my electric toothbrush. So maybe the light is reducing the swelling? not sure about that. Just a wild Point !

Actually, I find the light a little relaxing. It does get a little warm (not hot), but when doing it at night time in bed, I tend to fall asleep.

I wish I had a better answer for you. But, I've heard nothing about that. So possibly, maybe it is not the LS.

Good Luck.
Don't give up yet.

Rest a day or so. Then give it another try. If it does a second time, I would rethink it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bee-LED devices can trigger migraines if you are prone to having them because bright light is a trigger source of migraine headaches. Take note next time you try it and see if it happens again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just received mine today as well and will be trying it out shortly.

I will post a review after I have used it a few times.

Janna
majica72
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so jealous that you are all recieving your Lightstims!! It has been three weeks since I ordered mine but I am overseas so I would expect it to take longer. I emailed Lightstim's customer service twice since the weekend to enquire about postage but they haven't responded. Hmmmm.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just received mine today. I sure hope this really works. What are the latest results?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is still tighter than it used to be.
Under my eyes even seems tighter and this was really my problem area.
My forhead looks MUCH better.

Two days ago, I changed my routine a little.
I now put all my stuff on my face, then wait until it dry a little. Then use the LS.

It seems to be better this way.

How about anyone else? any results or noticiable differences?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tamera, have you seen any decrease in lines and wrinkles?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Salli:
Sometimes I just stand at the mirror to try to find where the wrinkles went (Making sure it is not my imagination that I even had wrinkles there because they are not that noticble now). After examining my face, I can see the wrinkles some, BUT ! ! ! They were really deep wrinkles before.

Yes. I do have to say, there is a decrease.

Other things I also do:
I use exfoliation with a scrub once in a while and I just started 1 week ago using Vitamin C IS Clinical. But actually I've used the scrub for over 2 years, and my face never looked like it does now. So, I am guessing LS had something to do with it.

* Dr. Denese Microdermabrasion Scrub (2 Years)
(but since LS, now I am noticing difference)
* IS Clinical (Started this 1 week ago)
* LS - Used now for 3 weeks.

But I can say, under my eyes (used to be very noticble) by me, wrinkles. Now I just stare in the big closet mirror trying to find where they went.
HA HA. I like touching my face just to feel how smoothe it is. If you read one of my post about 1 week ago, about a lady who just wanted to touch my face because it looked soft.

I used the LS last night again. This morning, I had to be at work at 6:30 AM. Well to say the least, I didn't need much makeup this AM.
I am very pleased with that. I've always had to wear heavier makeup just to cover my redness and big pores.

What I have noticed at 3 weeks time.
* Barely visible pores.
* Chin more clear(This was big problem spot for me)
* Caps are not as bright but still there.
* Skin more even toned.
* Brown spots seem to be fading some.
* Skin is more supple and softer.
* People are noticing big time.
* Rosacia has called down.

at 4 weeks. I plan on posting after pictures and the befores.

BUT. . . It takes persistance. I do it at least every night when I go to bed, and there are times when I do skip a night.

I've been using the LS for approx 3 weeks. I do like it. It has taken a while, but I am pleased with the results.

Remember Rome was not built in 1 day). Our face has had many years of sun exposure and damage, teen-hood pimples etc.

I think if people are persistant they will see
results like I have.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Salli:
Sometimes I just stand at the mirror to try to find where the wrinkles went (Making sure it is not my imagination that I even had wrinkles there because they are not that noticble now). After examining my face, I can see the wrinkles some, BUT ! ! ! They were really deep wrinkles before.

Yes. I do have to say, there is a decrease.

Other things I also do:
I use exfoliation with a scrub once in a while and I just started 1 week ago using Vitamin C IS Clinical. But actually I've used the scrub for over 2 years, and my face never looked like it does now. So, I am guessing LS had something to do with it.

* Dr. Denese Microdermabrasion Scrub (2 Years)
(but since LS, now I am noticing difference)
* IS Clinical (Started this 1 week ago)
* LS - Used now for 3 weeks.

But I can say, under my eyes (used to be very noticble) by me, wrinkles. Now I just stare in the big closet mirror trying to find where they went.
HA HA. I like touching my face just to feel how smoothe it is. If you read one of my post about 1 week ago, about a lady who just wanted to touch my face because it looked soft.

I used the LS last night again. This morning, I had to be at work at 6:30 AM. Well to say the least, I didn't need much makeup this AM.
I am very pleased with that. I've always had to wear heavier makeup just to cover my redness and big pores.

What I have noticed at 3 weeks time.
* Barely visible pores.
* Chin more clear(This was big problem spot for me)
* Caps are not as bright but still there.
* Skin more even toned.
* Brown spots seem to be fading some.
* Skin is more supple and softer.
* People are noticing big time.
* Rosacia has called down.

at 4 weeks. I plan on posting after pictures and the befores.

BUT. . . It takes persistance. I do it at least every night when I go to bed, and there are times when I do skip a night.

I've been using the LS for approx 3 weeks. I do like it. It has taken a while, but I am pleased with the results.

Remember Rome was not built in 1 day). Our face has had many years of sun exposure and damage, teen-hood pimples etc.

I think if people are persistant they will see
results like I have.Persistance is the key here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
TameraT - did you say you use it an hour a night?

This is a lot of work to put in Confused

Is that what they recommend?

I'm happy to hear your great results. It is SO nice to be able to go out without much make - up, isnt it.

Congratulations.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
catski:

It's around 45 min to 1 hr. IF I don't fall asleep. ha ha.

On the paperwork they gave 2-3 ways to do it, just like the BQ.

90 Seconds on each spot. Then move it.
But since the head is bigger, I don't move it that far.

So... As I do it at night while I am in bed.
I have an extension cord that is ready.
I put the LS in the drawer, pull it out, plug it in, Lay with my head elevated on pillow, watch TV. I have fallen asleep before.

Especially when you get close to the eyes and you need to close your eyes, this is when I have a tendancy to start getting sleepy. ha ha.

Since they suggest 90 sec per spot every day or every other day, and I don't skip a spot.
I also do my neck and chest.

I hold it there approx 2 min.

They say it won't hurt to hold it there, the paper says it won't hurt you?

The options (I don't have them with me right now) is to do 90 sec per spot every day or every other day.

Then, I think it is 2-3 minutes per spot once per week or twice per week.

I honestly cannot remember.

I think I do need to reduce the time, and I am trying. Never thought I would say this? I think my face is becoming to Taunt and Tight.
I scratch my face with my finger and there is no give to the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
you've put in so much work Tamera, I wonder if you shift into 'maintenance' mode now, and do a bit less.

No info about this with the device?
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree Catski with you on that.
I have seen great benefits from it so far and I will begin to switch to maint mode.

So that means I have to take more pictures of the after now, and post. Maybe I can take pics this weekend. ha ha

I will have to read the manual again. It's been a while now since reading it.

First I need to learn how to post pictures here. Do you know how?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |