Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Tamera, your skin looks wonderful. I saw that the X-mas special has been extended to midnight 1/1/07, so I am going to order one. Smile It is so much cheaper than the baby Q and comes with 90-day money back guarantee.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered one of these. I called the 800 number and someone actually answered on New Year's day. I was amazed. She said the light could be used on my stomach for stretchmarks, but it might take a long time to work. I have a lot of time and patience, so I went for it. Woohoo! I also need to get rid of my sunspots and she said they would go away, too. Awesome! I'm starting a list of what I want to see happening, and of course, I will take pictures.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have Rosacea and my skin has been getting worse this year. I just now ordered the Lightstim and my credit card won't thank me...Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rufus, let's keep each other posted. My credit card won't thank me either but I'm considering this a treat for myself since I just bought my boyfriend a GoLite light therapy for about the same amount of money, but I didn't have to pay shipping for his GoLite since I got a special deal through costco.com. Anyway, I am afraid to open my credit card statements with all the x-mas shopping I did this year. Ouch! :-P
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just read this in the FAQ section of LightStim.com

"Does the LightStim™ system work for Tummy Stretch Marks?

Yes it does. But you must understand that stretch marks are a different breed of cat so to speak. The stretch marks are tears in the second layer of skin that have bled a bit and that is what is giving them their dis-colored look.

The LightStim™ Instruction Manual tells how to handle stretch marks using the light and other methods. The thing to know about this treatment is that is works and that it takes time. Most people will see full results in 6 to 12 months."

I'd be so happy if it gets rid of my tummy stretch marks. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cherisse.

I'm doing well with my stretch marks using the skinbiology system of super cop, emu oil, and glycolic.

They are fading fast!
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
How long did it take you to recieve your unit? I ordered on the 26th and still have not recieved it or notice of shipping, but I guess the holidays may have a lot to do with it.
katina

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody!
I just registered and this is my first post. For the last couple of days I have been reading the thread about Baby Quasar. I came accross Tamara T's posts about Lightstim and ended up reading this thread. Today I made up my mind and ordered my Lightstim online at their site. Due to some glitch in the system, I had to submit my order twice and then I still was not getting a confirmation, so I called customer service. I spoke to Effie who was nice and helpful. I had indeed made two orders and she promised this would be taken care of and they will process only one of them.
I have found all the posts on both threads very helpful and would like to contribute, too sharing my results with you.
I hope to address the following skin problems:
Some sagging in the jaw and eye-lid areas
Forehead lines and the beginning of fine lines above my upper lid
Dark circles under the eyes
Broken capillaries on my cheeks (not very noticeable, but still there)
I am supposed to recieve my Lightstim in a week and will keep you posted of my progress.
cc1

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have also been reading all the threads regarding LED systems on this and another forum and just ordered the Lightstim today as well! The price sure is right.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Let's all compare our results after we start treatments with LightStim. Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
katina wrote:
Hello everybody!
I just registered and this is my first post. For the last couple of days I have been reading the thread about Baby Quasar. I came accross Tamara T's posts about Lightstim and ended up reading this thread. Today I made up my mind and ordered my Lightstim online at their site. Due to some glitch in the system, I had to submit my order twice and then I still was not getting a confirmation, so I called customer service. I spoke to Effie who was nice and helpful. I had indeed made two orders and she promised this would be taken care of and they will process only one of them.
I have found all the posts on both threads very helpful and would like to contribute, too sharing my results with you.
I hope to address the following skin problems:
Some sagging in the jaw and eye-lid areas
Forehead lines and the beginning of fine lines above my upper lid
Dark circles under the eyes
Broken capillaries on my cheeks (not very noticeable, but still there)
I am supposed to recieve my Lightstim in a week and will keep you posted of my progress.

I ordered my Lightstim last night and the money was out of my credit card today. I hope it doesn't take that long to get to Canada.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's fast. I hope to get mine fast, too, since I'm in California.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
HI,

First time posting to this group, although I have been following the LightStim discussion. Finally ordered mine on the 26th for reduced price. It arrived today. Yeah.

If/when great things happen, I will let you know.

Thanks for the photos. They convinced me that it would be worth a try.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
It really is absurdly easy to use, and the warmth of it sends me into a trance.

I enjoy it, so far, a lot.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters, please don't forget to take a before picture.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Is LightStim, NuFace, and Baby Quasar using the same concept as Thermage?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
Is LightStim, NuFace, and Baby Quasar using the same concept as Thermage?

I have never used any of the products you listed, but I'm certain they are all pretty much different techniques/methods, with LightStim and Baby Q being the most similar (LED lights). NuFace uses microelectric current to stimulate muscle contraction in the face to tighten things up muscularly. No clue as to what Thermage does, although the "after" pictures of the ladies that had problems with it are frightening!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
LightStim is not the same concept as Thermage, I don't think - I have the impression it's infrared light rather than heat that does the work.

And, Cherisse, LightStim DOES the work!

I've already had a series of infrared treatments to tighten the flab under my chin. After four or five of them, my entire neck area looked and felt slimmer (proportions were the same, though). It's been more than six weeks since the last one and I could feel that the effect was slipping away.

I used my LightStim yesterday for the first time, a minute on every part of my face and neck and everything feels tightened up again.

It's not a dramatic effect; but I think it will prevent a problem I can see myself headed for if I don't nip it in the bud.
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Its funny you say that about the tightening, because Ive now used mine twice (came yesterday) and my I was thinking how my face already felt firmer. I wasnt even sure if firmer was something that was supposed to do. Embarassed

Its a bit of a PITA trying to keep the light out of my eyes though. Ive found what works best is blocking it with my hand. Its also a little stinky, but I think its from the plastic packaging, and I think it will go away over time.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ChinaChatters and Anixia for sharing your encouraging results with me. I plan to use LightStim for my face (esp for my eye area) AND tummy for stretch marks. If it works, I'd be so happy.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt the light hurts anything if you keep your eyes closed. It's not much different than lying in the sun face up with closed eyes, is it?

I tried to use my hand creatively to block the light, twisted so the age spots on the top of it were exposed. It made my wrist hurt, so I gave up.

Honestly, I may have an overactive imagination, but I swear after using the light for two or three days, my skin looks healthier, feels tighter. Things I want gone are still there, so i don't know why I'm believing there has been an improvement. I seriously love the relaxing effect the light has, though.

One thing I read in an article about either infra red or lasers was that strong exposure can cause thyroid problems. I hope this light isn't strong enough to do that.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used mine a few times, but today, when I was putting my moisturiser on, I swear my skin felt quite different under my fingertips. Firmer and smoother, and frankly - more like it used to do.. if I rolled back a few years!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my LightStim today. Do I have to wait until I am ready to go to bed, or can I just wash my face now and try it now? Please say I can start right away! I am so excited.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
I just received my LightStim today. Do I have to wait until I am ready to go to bed, or can I just wash my face now and try it now? Please say I can start right away! I am so excited.

Yes, you can use it right away. What made you think you have to wait until you are ready to go to bed??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:

That is so sweet! Laughing

Like Macrisis says - use it when you want! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |