Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
GetMyYouthBack wrote:
Pachouli wrote:
The lightstim is now being sold on ebay for $174 with free shipping. This is cheaper than the sale price on the lighstim website, where the cost plus shipping comes to $199.67 (189+10.67). If anyone is on the fence, this is a pretty good price for photorejuvenation price. I ordered one.

I just came here to post that I just bought my Lightstim on ebay two days ago, at the great price that you refer to. Now, I am pacing the floor, anxiously anticipating its arrival!

I recently paid twice that, to have 6 treatments at a spa, that combined the electrical stimulation first, with the light treatment. These treatments were only ONCE a week. I loved, loved the results the day of and the day after the treatment, but then the glow seems to lessen. Now, I will not have the lapse between treatments.('Very Happy')
Very Happy

I will wait about a month before I buy the electric unit (Tua Viso, derma wand etc...)

Thanks!

Very Happy Good for you ! Hope you enjoy using it and get good results! Keep us posted.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
GetMyYouthBack, mine came within a couple days - purchased on the 21st, left feedback on the 24th.

Catski, thanks for the encouragement.
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
GetMyYouthBack, mine came within a couple days - purchased on the 21st, left feedback on the 24th.

Catski, thanks for the encouragement.

Pachouli,
Thanks, hopefully mine will come today...I paid for it on the 25th. So today is 4 days after payment. (Crossing fingers) Smile

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share that Light Stim is having a sale for $177 for Mother's Day, until the 14th.

http://www.lightstim.com/index-1.html
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
It is now 6-7 Months since the first Lightstim users started. Are you keeping it up? Do you see cummulative improvements? I have not heard anything about lifting. Is anyone seeing that? If so where? Is anyone here in the late 40's-50's range and loving this?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 35. I'm still using it, and I don't really think I've noticed a remarkable difference. There has been an increase in firmness, but I'm not sure if I can wholly attribte that to the lightstim.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine a couple of months ago and have been using it (almost) every night. I give it one pass (2 mins each area) + 2 passes on trouble spots and I'll be darned if I can see any improvement Crying or Very sad
As I'm in the 50++ age group, maybe I need to apply it for longer periods, but as it is and with applying to backs of my hands and decollage, it takes the best part of an hour already Shock
However I will persist with it...... Rolling Eyes
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I got mine a couple of months ago and have been using it (almost) every night. I give it one pass (2 mins each area) + 2 passes on trouble spots and I'll be darned if I can see any improvement Crying or Very sad
As I'm in the 50++ age group, maybe I need to apply it for longer periods, but as it is and with applying to backs of my hands and decollage, it takes the best part of an hour already Shock
However I will persist with it...... Rolling Eyes

Wow Anya, sounds like you are really giving it a try. 1 hr is long time to keep up. Alex at Advanthera told me you need do the BQ for at least it al least 35 minutes to the face at a time or you won't have enough jules to your skin. So LightStim might be same. Not sure if I got the right word here. Sounds like you are doing that though.

Do you think a microstim would accomplish more what you are wanting to do or is it more surface you are trying to change?

Tosca - you might be too young to see much improvement from this. I guess depends on your skin but at 35 I don't think I would have seen any improvement from these things.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
...Tosca - you might be too young to see much improvement from this. I guess depends on your skin but at 35 I don't think I would have seen any improvement from these things.

Ahh... Okay. I'll just keep at it then. I actually wanted it to heal some broken caps, but maybe it can work as a preventative tool for other issues. It feels good anyway.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Do you think a microstim would accomplish more what you are wanting to do or is it more surface you are trying to change?

Mommydearest, I was mainly hoping LightStim would improve the lines around my mouth and between my eyebrows, but no such luck! For the past week I've been religious about applying tape to these areas after using LightStim and have been getting amazing results Very Happy I used to use tape sporadically in the past, but this time I'm keeping it up!! I also use Facial Flex for my jawline, so overall I think I've got all areas covered Wink
I just use the LightStim when I'm in bed watching late night TV so the time goes by pretty quickly.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Quote:

Mommydearest, I was mainly hoping LightStim would improve the lines around my mouth and between my eyebrows, but no such luck! For the past week I've been religious about applying tape to these areas after using LightStim and have been getting amazing results Very Happy I used to use tape sporadically in the past, but this time I'm keeping it up!! I also use Facial Flex for my jawline, so overall I think I've got all areas covered Wink

There was some sort of post comparing Baby to LightStim. Do you remember what the general consensus was? I can't find that now. I think it was a while ago.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest

MACrisis did a fab review of both here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17109&highlight=lightstim

I'm gonna re-read it myself Very Happy
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Hi Mommydearest

MACrisis did a fab review of both here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17109&highlight=lightstim

I'm gonna re-read it myself Very Happy

She was very generous to do this for us. There is only one thing I am confused about. She says that you need to do longer treatments with LightStim for same results and they told me at the company that they have compared it to BQ and that is incorrect. They said LS needs less time if anything because it covers more area. Of course they have to say this though. I think BQ may be way, way overpriced. I have a feeling they jacked the price up because of all the interest on the skin boards. But since I have not tried it I don't know for sure and it could be a far superior product. Since I now feel I need microcurrent and possibly unltasound in addition to LED, I con't mind not paying top dollar for the very very best if the difference between it and another really good LED is minimal.

I think there is actually lots of duplication with these various methods and I think they may enhance each other and also cause some similar improvements. I just think it might be good to stimulate the tissue in the different ways to get the most improvement. But then again, maybe only one way of bringing more oxygen to tissues is enough, no matter what the method. I bet one day they will have units that do all three. I think this is kind of what the UP5 does actually. It just does not have LED. The LightStim woman also said that many clients are doing shorter daily sessions and seeing results. She said she does not understand the theory that a certain number of joules at one time needs to be reached for collagen stimulation to take place because people (including herself for the past 3 years) have been seeing improvement with less time if done regularly. Well, it is lots less expensive and we have 3 months to try it out.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just couldn't justify the expense of a BQ Mommydearest and having read MACrisis' review at the time, I felt that the LightStim was probably more bang for the buck. Now although I am not getting results on my "problem areas", I do have to say my skin tone, pore size, elasticity etc. etc. are excellent. I can't say if LightStim is the primary cause of this or not, considering my complete arsenal of anti-aging products, but it can't be doing any harm. I have a feeling that younger users may be seeing tangible results though.
I'd say give it a try for a couple of months and if you're not seeing any improvements, then just send it back.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I just couldn't justify the expense of a BQ Mommydearest and having read MACrisis' review at the time, I felt that the LightStim was probably more bang for the buck. Now although I am not getting results on my "problem areas", I do have to say my skin tone, pore size, elasticity etc. etc. are excellent. I can't say if LightStim is the primary cause of this or not, considering my complete arsenal of anti-aging products, but it can't be doing any harm. I have a feeling that younger users may be seeing tangible results though.
I'd say give it a try for a couple of months and if you're not seeing any improvements, then just send it back.

Yup, I felt the same way about the price - at least for me. I think that it is good enough and if I see nothing I think that means that LED's are just not the thing for me. Alex told me that some people just do not respond to LED. I will give it a chance though and use with actives too. Then I will eventually try microcurrent and Ultrasonic. I think if you go one step at a time and really seeing what each can do, then you can be sure what is causing what. It is all so uncertain because we are all different. No matter what though, it is a heck of a lot less expensive than learning what works for our faces than going to Dr's and salons for treatment.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using mine and are quite happy with the results in firmness and skin colour.
BBB

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I just joined up.
I'm hoping to buy a Lightstim for my mum (55+) and wondering for the Lighstim to be most effective what serums/creams are best to use with it?
I'm a bit of a hippy and like to keep it natural if I can.
Also, anyone know of any specials on it at the moment?

Thanks!
Maxi

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!!

I just joined this forum today after reading all the reviews about the LightStim, which I just purchased today also.

I was thinking about buying the Photon Beauty Red Light Wand which I have had only two treatments from the salon that I go to but after doing lots of research and reading I decided to go with the LightStim. Very Happy

Looking forward to being a part of this forum and any help I can give anyone.

Have A GREAT Day!!

Maxi
rosy

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had really good results from using lightstim for an extended period of time? I just started using the lightstim last week. I think I might see a very slight tightening of the skin, but nothing really noticable. At this point it may just be a better time of the month for me. I am 51 years old and I need to address the jowl area and marionette lines on my face and I think my expectations of this machine may be too wishful. I will post my results in another week or so.
Maxi

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone/Rosy,

I am still waiting to receive mine...so until then I cannot give any info on how this works on my face. I did have two treatments from the spa salon using the Photon Beauty and I did notice good results.

Like I said I did research and the LightStim seemed to be better. More nano meters compared to the Photon. Also LightStim as infered light with means its heats from the inside out...I have a sauna that has that same concept...if you are a runner, you could apply the LightStim directly to your sore muscles...has anyone done this yet?

I also know prior to using that you should massage your face and apply a moisture cream. When I had this done at the spa salon she would give me a mini facial first, massaging the skin and then she told me she was putting on a Vit C cream since it absorbs into the skin so well. She would treat each section of my face at 10 minutes sessions...then more cream...repeat for a total of 30 minutes. She would hold the light on my age spots longer...which I notice they where starting to fade...So, this is my plan for the LightStim.

There is a 90 day back guarantee, has anyone returned one yet?

Maxi Very Happy
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have read all these posts about LightStim and BQ and I still cannot decide which one I should buy. I don't understand the pulse/jules/lights etc.

Can someone tell in simple terms which one is better for mature skim that needs lifting and tightening?

I'm leaning toward the LightStim because it's cheaper but would the BQ be nore effective?
nataliedrew

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hey tamara, u said u had patches of dry skin like sand paper when u didn't use the lightstim for 2 weeks....did u have dry patches before using lightstim or developed it when u stopped using light stim
To others who have been using light stim- does it help to reduce lines under the eye and on the forehead. If it does help, then when u discontinue using the product, does the skin return to what it was before using lightstim or..become worse or stay in the new and improved condition.
Also, wonder if you folks had any side-effects. i read bee got a headache.
Thanks for reading and i appreciate your response.
Maxi

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello All,

I received my LightStim and have used it only twice now. Going to use it today and Sunday so the verdict is still out as to how well this is working for me. Will be back next week with a follow up.

What I do know it the diameter is bigger than the one that was used on me at the spa salon. The surface is bumpy and if you hold it on your face to tight you will get those little bumpy dots on your face but they do fade and go away...so you don't have to hold tight...just lightly and you will be fine.

The Phonton Beauty had a flat surface which I liked better.

I got this because I have a few age spots on the side of my face and some broken cap's on the sides of my nose as well on chin and a few on my face which using concealer you would not notice. I have some fine lines also that I'm hoping to see some results. I am 53 and was blessed by my mom to have a good complexion for the most part.

"The human skins needs certain wavelengths of light and nutrients to thrive similar to the way plants need sunlight and nutrients to thrive. Your skin has the ability to absorb light and use it as a source of energy to stimulate cellular regeneration. One such benefit is the skin cells that produce collagen, which are responsible for plumping the skin as well as elasticity." (quoted from literature I received)

Hope that may help trying to understand the wavelengths.

So until next week with my follow-up have a GREAT weekend.

Maxi
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
ack! I just bought a lightstim from ebay. lol.

Between this and the Facemate which I just ordered off ebay last week and my Dermawand, I'm up to 3 skincare gadgets. Shock

I'm planning to look 20 when I'm 50. Laughing

There is a point to this post other than my "ack I can't believe I bought another gadget"...

I was wondering how you ladies use this lightstim? the 2x a week for 2min per spot or everyday/every other day for 60sec per spot? Which did you find more effective? Thanks!
Maxi

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Ok my follow-ups...

Been using this now for a week...my skin looks healthy....but still trying to fade the age spots and broken caps...thinks this is a time thing and will take longer...

But my neighbor came over and used it once and she noticed results the first time on some little scars on her face and chest....then we ordered her one...

Everyone skin is different and thinks will react different on what your goal is...

Not sure anyone is interest in my comments..but
trying to let people know what my findings are...real people reviews mean more to me....

Maxi
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |