Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
The LS manual suggests doing facial exercises & now I am thinking of investing in one of those devices that are suppose to do that, ie. dermal tone. Has anyone tried one of these facial muscle stimulating machines?

I had the Dermal Tone for 3 months before it broke. The conductive gel found it's way through the contacts and shorted it out. I didn't buy another ($160.), because it was very cheaply made, and I believe it caused more wrinkles around my eyes. I just ordered the "Derma Wand" instead, because I believe after much research it will stimulate the muscles and deep tissue layers even better, without the pulling around my eyes I exhibited with the Dermal Tone.

I purchased the LightStim approximately 1 month ago, and use it faithfully every night. I love it! My 55 year old face, neck and chest haven't looked this good in 15 years. Chicken skin + redness from lots of sunburns when young, on my chest is all but gone. My face is getting firmer, crows feet and laugh lines have become much softer + my complexion is very clear and even toned. I can't wait to see the cumulative effect after several months. My husband, who never notices anything said my face looks like a "young kid"........that was enough proof for me! I love it.

I have the luxury of a lot of free time, so I use the light for about an hour and a half each night. I do three minutes on each area of my face, neck and chest. I wash with an alpha hydroxy face wash first, then I steam my face for a few minutes, then I apply a good quality serum + moisturizer + last but not least I do the light. I find it extremely relaxing while I'm watching TV, and I have the cable box clock to keep track of my 3 minutes.

I'll let you all know what I think of the "Derma Wand" after I receive it and have used it a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps!..... Smile
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza, I have LightStim and asked the same questions you have; I was told they do about the same thing, so there's no use to have both. I've had mine for 3 weeks, and I use it while sitting at the computer. My skin seems to be plumper looking. I'm aiming for 3 months before I make any kind of serious judgments. I believe there's a 90 day return policy, need to look that up for sure.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I believe there's a 90 day return policy, need to look that up for sure.[/quote]

Hi catballou....Yes, it's a 90 day return policy for LitghtStim.

I love mine! I've been using it daily since 9/21 and my skin gets better all the time.

I noticed the biggest changes the first two weeks, things are much more gradual now.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I've just been on the Platinum Skin website. It seems the customers there don't use any tools/devices. They use copper, TCA, glycolic, and salicylic acids to get tight, clear,even-toned, youthful looking skin. I've had my Derma Wand for about 2 wks. now. Can't tell if there's any improvement yet. I was looking into an at home microdermabrasion machine and/or an LED facial rejuvenation light. Now, I'm wondering, do I need such devices or just invest in high quality acids and coppers? I don't have a ton of money to throw away. Confused I'm waaaaaay confused. Neutral Thank you for your advice.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, I've just been on the Platinum Skin website. It seems the customers there don't use any tools/devices. They use copper, TCA, glycolic, and salicylic acids to get tight, clear,even-toned, youthful looking skin. I've had my Derma Wand for about 2 wks. now. Can't tell if there's any improvement yet. I was looking into an at home microdermabrasion machine and/or an LED facial rejuvenation light. Now, I'm wondering, do I need such devices or just invest in high quality acids and coppers? I don't have a ton of money to throw away. Confused I'm waaaaaay confused. Neutral Thank you for your advice.

IMO, you need to use both. High quality skin care products and devices complement each other and enable you to see the results much faster.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars.....I don't want to invest a ton of money in skin care products either. "Platinum Skin" products are good, but not worth the fortune they cost...

Check out the cellbone (.com) website. You can buy individual vials (approx. 25cc's) of acids, copper peptides, etc. and add them to a good quality moisturizer. You'll have a years worth at least, for little more than you'd pay for just one of their products.

I have LitghtStim + Derma Wand and I love them both. Be careful with the DW in the beginning though.. I was a little too aggressive with it, and the result was broken capillaries. I've since reduced the setting to 4 and the problem is solved.

Hope this helped! Smile

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
IMO, you need to use both. High quality skin care products and devices complement each other and enable you to see the results much faster.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Good morning, How long before you saw a difference with your Derma Wand? Also, which derma roller (brand) would you recommend for scarring? Has anyone tried Crystal Lift Microdermabrasion Machine or any other home microderm machine? Thank you! Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Good morning, How long before you saw a difference with your Derma Wand? Also, which derma roller (brand) would you recommend for scarring? Has anyone tried Crystal Lift Microdermabrasion Machine or any other home microderm machine? Thank you! Smile

I've only been using the Derma Wand about a week. At first, I was too aggressive and had broken caps as a result. I since only use it at setting #4, and I'm now seeing outstanding results. My biggest problem is bags under my eyes, and they have much improved in only a few days. I'm pleasantly surprised!

I don't use the Derma "Roller", but results I read elsewhere on this board suggest it works. (Do a search!)

I have the Neutrogena Dermabrasion gizmo, but only use it occasionally. I can never find the "crystals" to replace what's now gone. The results I found using it were good though. Very nice polished healthy skin.

Sorry I can't help with the scarring issue. I'm sure someone on the board will jump in here with suggestion's though. Or look through the other forums and I'm sure you'll find answers.

Hope this helps!..... Exclamation

catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi catballou....Yes, it's a 90 day return policy for LitghtStim.
Thanks, Kassy.

Among other things, I'm also using Renova, and the LightStim seemed to dry my skin out even more, so I've been putting on fresh moisturizer just before using it, and it's working much better for me. I, too, am 50-something, and my skin had gotten so gray and tired looking. I've begun doing so many things that I'm not sure which ones are helping most or if it's a combination of all, but my skin looks and feels plumper and softer after about a month, giving me hope for the first time in a while.....

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Among other things, I'm also using Renova, and the LightStim seemed to dry my skin out even more, so I've been putting on fresh moisturizer just before using it,..[/quote]

Hi "Cat", I'm wondering if it would be better to just use the LightStim after applying moisturizer alone, and then when your ready to go to sleep apply the Renova. It might pay you to write an email to customer service asking about it..I think I recall "Renova" having to go on a clean bare face!

Isn't it amazing what happens to our skin after turning 50? I always took my "good" skin for granted, and didn't even think about it. Now I'm really having to work hard to keep the aging at bay.... Neutral

Kassy

catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy.
I really, really didn't make myself very clear. Guess I thought you could read my mind!! Laughing I do put the Renova on bare skin at night, like half an hour after I've washed my face because the instructions said it works best to wait. Not sure why.

I use the LightStim during the day when I've got my CP and moisturizers on. I'm new to all of this, but I'm liking the CP; my skin seems firmer and less porous because when I first began, it took at least 15 drops to cover my throat and face. Now 10 drops are plenty.

Yes, the aging thing pretty much happens in the blink of an eye. This forum is a God-send. I had gotten pretty depressed and was feeling eternally drab when I discovered y'all, and now I'm totally involved in learning about and trying new things. Obviously, not everything works for everyone, but this place is so busy and such a great resource that we can take what we want and leave the rest. My next thing to try is the Facial Flex. I bought one years ago, when I wasn't seeing the aging so much, did it a couple of times and stuck it in a drawer, but I'm inspired by people here who say it does work. Now I can't find the rubber bands and have to buy some to get started.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
"Cat", I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said, especially about this forum being a Godsend!... Very Happy I can't get enough of it. I'm up till the wee small hours reading all the good advice.

I've got to get more involved with CP's. The concensus seems to be that they work great. At this point I'm willing to try just about anything and everything...lol

Regarding the facial flex; until you get it, you can improvise with your own two index fingers...ie: put your index fingers, up to the second joint, in your mouth against cheeks, forcing your lips to spread. Then use your cheek muscles to squeeze your mouth into a tight O with your fingers as the resistence. Seems to work for me!

Are you loving the LightStim? Have you been using it long? I've been using mine everyday since 9/21/07. I wonder if the results would be better using it every other day?

catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy SmileI'm looking forward to stepping up in CP serum strength. I got it from NCN. Yep, I'm willing to try most things, but I try to weigh the raves and the prices. I feel really dumb when I pay an outrageous price for something that doesn't deliver.

Thanks for the exercise suggestion. I could do that in the car because my tools would always be with me!

I got my LightStim October 11, so you've had yours a little longer. Also got a Derma Wand, but it died the second time I used it. I got my money back, but I was out the return postage. At least I got to try it and don't think it's for me; I didn't like the irritating feeling of shocking my skin. LightStim is something else. I actually enjoy the warmth as I sit at the computer, trying to figure out how to do everything one handed.

Is it supposed to work better when used every other day?
Cat

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Hi, Kassy SmileI'm looking forward to stepping up in CP serum strength. I got it from NCN. Yep, I'm willing to try most things, but I try to weigh the raves and the prices. I feel really dumb when I pay an outrageous price for something that doesn't deliver.

Thanks for the exercise suggestion. I could do that in the car because my tools would always be with me!

I got my LightStim October 11, so you've had yours a little longer. Also got a Derma Wand, but it died the second time I used it. I got my money back, but I was out the return postage. At least I got to try it and don't think it's for me; I didn't like the irritating feeling of shocking my skin. LightStim is something else. I actually enjoy the warmth as I sit at the computer, trying to figure out how to do everything one handed.

Is it supposed to work better when used every other day?
Cat

I can't seem to get a straight answer about how often is best. But after using it every single day for about 6 weeks, I notice no additional change lately. But I think examining my face every day in a 10X magnifying mirror is more than I should be doing.. As with everything else in my life, I'm gung ho!....."If a little is good, a lot should be better".

On to the DW.......I'm starting to love mine now. I use it once or twice a day on setting #4 and things seem to be tightening some what. I read your previous post about it conking out on you, but I wanted to let you know, that it's only activated when it's in contact with your skin. Nothing is obvious when it's just plugged in. Anyway, you already sent it back, so that's that. But I wanted you to know that I'm seeing subtle results from it....

Hopefully someone else will jump in here, and share their experience!!!!

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I've had my DermaWand for close to a month now. Sometimes I think I see some mprovment in ovreall tone but, I'm not really really sure. Yesterday, my DW wanted to conk out on me. I thought it was a goner. Shock But, it finally revived itself. I've been using it every other day on 8 or 9. Around my eyes I'm at 1 or 2. Catballou, do get the tingle sensation at 4? When I use a lower setting, it's as if the DW isn't even on.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars,

I don't know your age, but "if" you have the dreaded jowls, do you see a difference in tightening the jaw line?

I think I'm starting to notice a change, but I'm not sure if it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I am 56 and do not have sagging in the jowls area. My issues are loss of fullness in my cheeks, large, clogged pores, tough texture on my entire chin (as well as scarring from acne). I could go on but, I'm started to bum myself out. Smile
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Kassy and Mars, the poor thing was clinically dead. When I first plugged it in, I could only use it on a low setting and found even that uncomfortable, and the ozone smell was strong; I decided to try it again the same day, and the current got weaker and weaker, and I gradually turned the dial all the way to the top, and then there was no sizzle, no light and no ozone. I fooled with it for quite a while, couldn't believe it had conked out so soon! To be fair, the merchant said that has happened to a few wands that he has sold and offered to send me another one if I returned it, but I didn't want to fool with all that.

My biggest concern with my face is the marionette creases. They're pretty deep, and if they improve even 50% I'll feel everything I've done was worth it. I did have crepe-y eyelids, but the Renova has helped that tremendously.

TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, it's been quite a while since I started this thread, and just thought I would update you on the LED light.

Been going through alot, adopted a baby in Jan, then another in August. 2 infants WHEW !
Ok. I didn't have time to do the LED light anymroe.

My face becamse like SANDPAPER AGAIN. My skin was NOT looking good.

So... now that the babies are a little older I decided to get back to it.

I held the light again until I almost fall asleep or while watching TV. Babies are asleep.

Well I can say, after about 3 weeks of doing this, my face is returning too the softness and clear that I want.

I love this thing. I still like it.
I can tell you honestly after not using this for about 4-5 months, I CAN tell a difference after using it.

My redness is less, my pores are tighter, my skin seems thicker? all I can say, is I will continue as best as I can. I am worth it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
TAmera, you are my personal hero. You reports sold me on trying the LightStim. It's every bit as lovely as you said it would be. I got it in last year's Christmas sale and have used it just about every day since.

The exception is when I have fresh Botox. I just got more last week. It works on my eleven lines and keeps me from getting tension headaches. The doctor said the light won't affect the Botox, but I'm not going to test him on that. The minute the Botox is gone, the headaches start and I have to get more.

After a week of skipping that area, I can actually FEEL that I haven't used the LightStim on it. I have a circle of fatigue, so I think my muscles miss it. In another couple of weeks, I'll put the light on again and make note of the physical changes I feel. I can't really see any - I just know that my face is firmer and my skin is plumper than (hahahahaha) the unenlightend friends I secretly compare with.

Everybody I know knows how old I am, so I'm constantly being told that I look so young. I just smile.

Congratulations on the babies. Two at once sounds like so much fun (and work, of course).
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I do like the LED light. When I use it, everything just looks better. Its hard to explain, each persons face is different. Also it depends alot on committment.

Yes, 2 babies are very wonderful (and alot of work too) but a work that I love. Boy is 11 months and girl is 3 months. It's almost like having twins. Except one is crawling/walking and the baby is (both are babies) just starting to roll over.

I will keep you updated on things as the progress with the LED LS.

T

5% products discount

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving my Lightstim that I got from a friend it's the older version one with the black foam handle. Everytime I start to use this my face feels plumped up and rejuvenated. I love how it feels on the skin and hopefully I see results much sooner if not this is definetly a keeper for me!!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

After reading your reviews I am really,really into getting one of these led devices for home use.

As many others I am still trying to decide between the Baby Q, lightstim or DPL...

After visiting the lightstim site I have noticed that they have a professional unit, way more expensive. Anyone has used this model?

I would like to get a feedback from somebody that has try this one.

Anyone?

TIA
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Has anyone used the Wonderlight Wand? What did/do you think about it? Thanks. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |