Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
poolean
5% products discount

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
oh boy.. seems like so many new thing has to be try. Just read another thread with Nuface, now it's lightstim, Baby Q..Which one should I try Shock Question
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh,wow, wish I knew! Confused
Miswoy
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
What are people's experiences with the different lightstim models?

I'm 30 with only little signs of aging, but I do have red, sensitive skin. I'm considering the Anti-acne one.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Miswoy wrote:
What are people's experiences with the different lightstim models?

I'm 30 with only little signs of aging, but I do have red, sensitive skin. I'm considering the Anti-acne one.

Oh to be 30 again, you lucky girl!

I have the "Original" LightStim, red/infrared lights. I love it...It definitely improves skin texture, tone + clarity.

They now offer a new "Anti-Aging" light, which has red/infrared/+amber lights. They claim it works "faster", but that the original will still give the same results, but take a little longer.

You mentioned that you were considering the "Blue" light, which is just for acne concerns. Unless that is a problem for you, I would suggest you try the Original or new Anti-Aging light instead.

Just keep in mind, that since you're so young, without the visible signs of aging yet, you won't see big changes. But you'll enjoy the benefits of keeping what you now have, much longer than you would ordinarily. And you'll see a nice improvement in your skin tone, texture, clarity + softness as well.

Since you have "red, sensitive" skin, I would recommend that you use the light for 90 seconds on each area rather than the recommended 3 minutes until you see how you tolerate it. I have found that it has actually cleared up the redness that I had on my neck and chest.

In any event, no matter what tools, lotions, potions or whatever you use, THE MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do for your skin, is to use an SPF 30 sunscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY.. Cool

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Miswoy
5% products discount

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Kassy. I'm pretty excited about this product. I want to share it with my friends.
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
They have the 90 day satisfaction guarantee (- restocking fee; I don't personally recall what the guarantee is on the BQ to do a comparision, but I'm sure they have a guarantee of some sort). You should be able to see results within that time frame to know if its working or not and whether you like it or not.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested in buying one of the LightStims, they have a 10% off special through next week..

The code when purchasing is JANUARY08

http://store.lightstim.com/

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
thrifty_rick

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,
I found these neat coupon codes for LightStem's products. I entered them at checkout. Enjoy!

Free Shipping - BUST44SHIP

10% Off Anti-Acne Light - BUST44ACNE

Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
If anyone is interested in buying one of the LightStims, they have a 10% off special through next week..

The code when purchasing is JANUARY08

http://store.lightstim.com/

Kassy

I just jumped off the fence and ordered the new anti-aging LightStim.

I'll let you know what I think a week after I start using it.

Kassy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I received the new "Anti-Aging" LightStim two days ago and used it twice. I'll keep my thoughts to myself till the end of the week, and then post a new topic for this professional model.

Kassy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving the new LightStim! Pictures after my 1st treatment are on the other thread, last page. (I wasn't sure if I should post them here as well)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

Kassy

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Love that result. Thank you for sharing.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I wish there were a thread here with pics of before and after's of products bought, I'm new to the forum, but when there's 17 pages of posts it's hard to go through and look for a consensus.

Embarassed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I'd bump this thread to see what's happening with those that upgraded to the Anti-Aging LightStim.

I've been using it for 2 months, and the results are still fantastic. I've cut down to twice a week which is working out well.

The broken caps I've had on my cheeks forever have totally evaporated..YAY! Some freckles on my hands have disappeared, and some are barely noticeable. Skin tone + texture is the best it's ever been. I had smokers lines above my mouth which are almost gone, and I attribute this also to HA use with my treatment.

Is everybody still happy with it?
Are any of you disappointed?

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, So happy to hear of your success. I have the dpl. I've used it about 2 months now. I really don't think my color and broken caps have improved. Wonder if it's because I don't have the amber lights Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Kassy_A, So happy to hear of your success. I have the dpl. I've used it about 2 months now. I really don't think my color and broken caps have improved. Wonder if it's because I don't have the amber lights Confused

Mars, just stick with it. I have been using LightStim since Sept 07, so it happened over time.

I started out with the original LS (red/infra red), then in February upgraded to the Anti-Aging LS (red/infrared + amber).

I have to admit though, that the new one is really very powerful, and the results over the last 2 months are fantastic. Perhaps the amber lights have something to due with the increased benefits I'm experiencing.

How often are you using the DPL, and which one do you have?

Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I am thinking of ordering the lightstim the anti anging one..(hope it comes when my dh isn't home..since lurking here I have had quite a few deliveries Cool

What is HA

Thanks Lou
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
Kassy,

What is HA

Thanks Lou

Hyaluronic Acid. I buy a 4oz bottle of it from http://thepersonalformulato.com I use it in my DIY stuff, and have taken 'Winnie's' advice, and apply it before I use the LS.. It holds 1000 times it's weight in water, and really plumps the skin nicely.

I think you'll love the LS Lou!

kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I just received my Lightstim today!! They are quick. I just ordered it Thursday. I ordered a dermaroller a week ago Thursday and still haven't recieved it. Sad Do you use one of those torture things?

I'm excited! Thanks for posting so diligently...you give many of us hope!

Well I'm off to finish using the Lightstim! Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
Kassy,

I just received my Lightstim today!! They are quick. I just ordered it Thursday. I ordered a dermaroller a week ago Thursday and still haven't recieved it. Sad Do you use one of those torture things?

I'm excited! Thanks for posting so diligently...you give many of us hope!

Well I'm off to finish using the Lightstim! Wink

Hi 'kj', and good luck with your LightStim. Be consistent with it, and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised and delighted with the results.

If you need help or have any questions regarding your treatment, I'm only too happy to tell you what works for me, so don't hesitate to ask. There is one thing that I would like to tell you that I believe makes a difference, that you might want to do. Cleanse your face really well, exfoliate with a microfiber cloth + put on a nice cream, then have at it with your LS.

As for the dermaroller, NO, I'm not that brave... Shock Shock Shock...I get weak in the knees at the sight of my own blood. And I have this nagging little nurse voice in my head, which also keeps me from doing anything, that "could" compromise the very thing that's designed to keep germs out; that being intact skin! I'm also not convinced that the constant needling isn't causing damage to the deeper structures of the skin..

CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy! I'm intrigued by the new Lightstim and would love to see more of your "after" pictures (of course a before too). You look great and I'm hoping to look that great at your age too!
I tried the DPL light and was too impatient, so I returned it. Now I realize I was seeing results, but am thinking the Lightstim might be good because I can watch TV while I use it.
Please post your pics! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
First things first my dear.... If your going to use and enjoy "any" LED device, you must have patience... I'm sure everybody using 'any' of the devices available would agree with me, that the benefits are most definitely cumulative...

With that said, and out of the way, I can focus on what I use, and what works for me. Here is my timeline in the last two years, and proof in pictures, of what the Anti-Aging LightStim has done for me... Sorry if the pictures suck. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired... Embarassed But hopefully, you'll get the gist of it..

I hope you guys will all weigh in on your devices, and your results with a few happy snaps, so we can finally figure out what works, and what is crapolla!

Here's my contribution;

2006 before I found this forum, and 9 months before LightStim;

Dec 2007....Using original LS 2 months
IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm311/shutterbug2112/Dec2007.jpg[/IMG]

April 13 2008 (using AALS 2 months) Present.

Here's a close up...reduced pore size and crows feet;

Here's one from today that shows reduced flabby neck and no more chicken skin on chest;

And here I am today in all my au natural glory.

So here I am today with tighter skin, reduced NL folds + lines, reduced forehead wrinkles, less sagging everywhere, less wrinkles everywhere, glowing skin, reduced pores + everything has just tightened up!

Again, I apologize for the amateurist pictures. The results in person are 100% better than my skills are showing. And for some reason the color is a bit off. My eyes are grassy green, and look brown in the pictures, so just allow for that difference in color.

There are so many LED's being used by so many of us in this forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing your before and after photos as well. Because lets face it, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

K

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to put in a really dreadful picture from 2006 that showed my "dreaded bags" really well, but it won't download.. (All for the better I'm sure... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin )

Anyway, as you can plainly see in the last picture, they are not an issue any more......

EUREKA!!.... .........56 and lovin it...

CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you look great! I'm sold!! (and your lashes look great too... mascara or au natural? If mascara, what kind??)
Yes, patience is something I need to work on... I must say the DPL did shrink my pores, reduce oiliness & breakouts, and even my skin tone a bit... (6 weeks use) I didn't realize it until I stopped using it. Ugh! Nancy was great with the return.
I'm off to look for discount codes for the lightstim! (And watch Desperate Housewives
Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
The eyelashes probably deserve a thread all thier own..but not quite yet!

I've been experimenting of late, to try to rescue some of you from the dangers and expense of some of your favorite products that have bit the dust..

So far so good, and a "Review" will be forthcoming in a week or two.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |