Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Wowee! Kassy_A, you look great! Your neck is just gorgeous! Congratulations. Very Happy I use the two red/infrared panels (dpl). At some point I'll get the Anti-aging Lightstim.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooo! I got my Lightstim the other day! I used it twice so far. The camera was not charged up at the time, so when (if Embarassed ) I post my before pics they will be after 2 treatments. So far, so good. My skin was softer after the first treatment, and I LOVE that I can watch TV while I use it. The time flies by. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you Kassy for all your help & info!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
CTYankeegirl wrote:
(if Embarassed ) I post my before pics they will be after 2 treatments. So far, so good. My skin was softer after the first treatment, and I LOVE that I can watch TV while I use it. The time flies by. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you Kassy for all your help & info!!

Your welcome!

Don't even worry about posting your pics unless you want to....The main thing is that YOU have them. Trust me, you'll be glad.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I finally found the ingredients in the Shu Uemura "Lash Repair". Someone on Makeup alley was kind enough to list them. I'll post them on the lash growth thread. I must say, none of them look natural, like Talika stuff.
Anyway, the reason for my post is, did you guys mention that you got lotions or creams with your Lightstim? The antiaging one just comes with instructions an adapter & carrying case.
Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
CTYankeegirl wrote:
Anyway, the reason for my post is, did you guys mention that you got lotions or creams with your Lightstim? The antiaging one just comes with instructions an adapter & carrying case.
Thanks!!

Nope, what you received is all I got.. You can use any lotions or creams of your choice, or nothing at all..

I alternate; sometimes I use vit C, sometimes anti-oxidant cream and sometimes nothing.

If your skin is on the dry side, you might like to use something, if you tend to be oily, just use the light. When I started with this new light, my skin was combination. Now it is totally normal, and I'm just using vit C and sunscreen for the most part on a daily basis.

The most beneficial advice I can offer, is to cleanse and exfoliate prior to using the light. I believe it allows for even better penetration.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, do you feel your results were just due to the LS, or do you feel it was a combination of products you use and LS combined? Sorry if that is a silly question, but I am trying to decide if I should spend the money on this or not!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Kassy, do you feel your results were just due to the LS, or do you feel it was a combination of products you use and LS combined? Sorry if that is a silly question, but I am trying to decide if I should spend the money on this or not!

Hi riley; The only 'silly' question is the one that remains unasked.. Very Happy

I feel with 100% certainty that a total plan has come together to give me terrific results. With that said, I would also be remiss, if I didn't tell you that I wholeheartedly believe that LED therapy can take credit for 80% of my success. I also love and use Derma Wand a couple of times a week, and I believe that the oxygenation it gives my skin is also a very healthy benefit.

The only other thing I use on a regular basis lately is my homemade vitamin C serum every morning, and my eyelash concoction every night. I also still use alpha hydroxy souffle occasionally.

I also dabble with DIY and have made a couple of very potent anti-oxidant creams and lotions. Up until about a month ago, I alternated my LED use with and without the cream or lotion. For EX; If I did an LED treatment 3 times a week, one would be with a cream, another with nothing and the last with a lotion or vit C serum. In the last month my skin is totally normal. It's not even dry after cleansing the way it always had been. Now and then I put a bit of lotion here and there, but I honestly don't need it.

So that's about it Riley. I really have a very plain and basic plan going on, but my skin is liking the "less is more" aspect of it. Is it for everyone? Of course not. Would it work for some people? Absolutely.

While I'm at it, and have somewhat of a book going here, I'd like to tell you (and whomever else is reading this), what hasn't worked for me;

NuFace
Suzanne Somers Face Master
Connie Stevens Time Machine
Dermal Tone (by the time I figured it out, it broke.. Sad )
copper peptides

So at this point riley, I'm actually quite happy that the LS + DW were money that was finally well spent.. Very Happy

I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do regarding LED's. And I hope that what I've shared is helpful to you.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I ordered a light for my kid, and they have a good two for sale going on. Just sharing the wealth!

http://store.lightstim.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=special

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Kassy. I read a post from you last night about someone asking if the LS is good for crows feet, but now I can't find it. Can you guide me back to it, as I wanted to re-read what you had replied.
marys235
5% products discount

Fri May 02, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if using self-tanner on your face will affect the use of the lightstim (or any LED device)? I read somewhere that you should not use any type of opaque or shiny products on your skin before an LED treatment, because it would prevent the light from penetrating your skin, and wondered if darkening your skin with self-tanner would have a similar affect. I don’t mean right before a treatment, but just using self-tanner in general. If your skin is artificially darkened, does that prevent the light from penetrating?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
Does anyone know if using self-tanner on your face will affect the use of the lightstim (or any LED device)? I read somewhere that you should not use any type of opaque or shiny products on your skin before an LED treatment, because it would prevent the light from penetrating your skin, and wondered if darkening your skin with self-tanner would have a similar affect. I don’t mean right before a treatment, but just using self-tanner in general. If your skin is artificially darkened, does that prevent the light from penetrating?

Anything you apply before using an LED device, should be totally absorbed before the treatment, otherwise it can interfere with the light penetrating.

If I use 'any' form of topical, I wait one hour and then treat. (This is just what I do and feel, others may offer their take on the matter)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, Kassy. I read a post from you last night about someone asking if the LS is good for crows feet, but now I can't find it. Can you guide me back to it, as I wanted to re-read what you had replied.

Here is my post regarding that riley:

I recieved this PM, and thought it might be the same concern others are having, so I'm sharing it here with the member name removed;

Hi Kassy

I have read your posts re: LightStim and I very much want to get one. I'm 50 and have used NuFace for 3 months along with my new toy Clarisonic. I've got pretty good skin, I just want to work on the crows feet and wrinkles around my eyes and mouth....will the anti-aging LightStim help this? Thanks,

My answer;

The LightStim, or any LED, is great for many skin concerns for those in our age group, but if you only want it for crows feet, it's not worth the investment.

It will firm, smooth, soften, tone + clear your skin.. It does help with fine wrinkles and crows feet, but it won't get rid of them. Nothing will, short of surgery and botox in my opinion.

I love the Derma Wand for the eye area. It will lift, tone, reduce puffiness + help to soften the lines around the eyes.

Hope that helped!

I answered tons of questions in the 'Aging Process thread if you want to check it out, especially pages 10 + 11...HTH!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Kassy_A"]
rileygirl wrote:
So at this point riley, I'm actually quite happy that the LS + DW were money that was finally well spent.. Very Happy

I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do regarding LED's. And I hope that what I've shared is helpful to you.

I just had to mention that Kassy's results with LED were part of the reason I bought one myself.

I think it is definitely worth the money...especially when I compare it to the money I wasted on Fraxel ($3500), etc. LED is convenient, far lower in cost, fits well into almost any regime, and if you invest the tiume in doing it, you will see results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to get rid of my lip lines and my large pores. Will the led light stim work on this?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
The light 'helps' with pores, but a microfiber cloth really worked wonders for mine lately. I don't have vertical lines, so I'm not sure about that, but the lights have definitely softened and got rid of some wrinkles I used to have.

Beth I wholeheartedly agree with you that the LED's are certainly worth the money. And absolutely one must invest the time. It's no quick fix. I am on maintenance now, and still try to shoot for 2 treatments a week, for 60 to 90 minutes per treatment, which entails my full face, neck, chest, hands + forearms.

Can it be done quicker, absolutely. But I actually look forward to, and enjoy the me time.

I think if people just make sure to get the 'amber' light they will be happy. It made all the difference in my opinion. I love having the combination of red/infrared/amber.

And it must be the right thing, because it's readily available from several companies, at various price structures.

I would suggest though, that anybody considering one, stick with the ones made in the USA.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Beth I wholeheartedly agree with you that the LED's are certainly worth the money. And absolutely one must invest the time. It's no quick fix. I am on maintenance now, and still try to shoot for 2 treatments a week, for 60 to 90 minutes per treatment, which entails my full face, neck, chest, hands + forearms.

Can it be done quicker, absolutely. But I actually look forward to, and enjoy the me time.

I have to agree...I actually enjoy the time I spend doing it, and find it very relaxing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, and Bethany. I just love your results, Kassy, and I am really wanting one of these right now. I need to check out EDS and see what they sell (I have a $50 voucher that I could use towards the purchase of one!).

One question, and sorry if this has been asked before but the threads are just so long, is this safe for broken caps? After using Retin and Hydroquinone, I have broken caps on my cheeks and upper nose area. I definitely don't want to make them worse.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

One question, and sorry if this has been asked before but the threads are just so long, is this safe for broken caps? After using Retin and Hydroquinone, I have broken caps on my cheeks and upper nose area. I definitely don't want to make them worse.

No problem riley. My light treatments are the only thing that ever worked to get rid of many of the broken caps I had on my cheeks, nose and chin. A few remain, but aren't very noticable.

Cupping massage is what you would want to stay away from if you tend to have broken caps!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
That is great to know, Kassy. Is the lightstim not sold on EDS, as I don't see that one?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That is great to know, Kassy. Is the lightstim not sold on EDS, as I don't see that one?

It used to be. The BQ is sold at Ed's. Just make sure you get one that has 'amber' lights for certain.

I've only used the LS, so that's what I know about, but beth is having nice results with Pro Light also. I think for the $300. range you can't go wrong getting either of those devices.

Be sure to get your 10% discount also!

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your detailed input on your experience with the Lightstim LED unit. I had firmly decided that I didn't need an LED device, but I can feel myself weakening...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Thanks so much for your detailed input on your experience with the Lightstim LED unit. I had firmly decided that I didn't need an LED device, but I can feel myself weakening...

Flit, I weakened, but am very glad I did!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

It is a really nice addition, that completes a good skincare regime.

The other thing I can say, is it really is a very enjoyable experience. It's totally relaxing, and you'll start to see results immediately, that just keep getting better and better.

Here is something though that 'all' of you need to consider when choosing your lamp. Speaking for LS, when I first began the treatments, I used it 5 times per week. I did that for a couple of months (original red/infrared). Now I'm on maintenance with the new Anti-Aging LS and only use it 2 times per week. But in my opinion, using the AALS 5 times per week for the first month is the way to go.

If time is an issue for anyone, and you can't commit to the 5 times a week at first, you might be better off with Pro Light. Bethany mentiontioned that she only needed to use it 3 times a week. Perhaps some other Pro Light gals will chime in with their agenda.

Just wanted to share that, and I hope I'm not confusing the issue for anyone that has their mind made up.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Kassy, for your help. I am deciding between the LS or the pro light, but your last post has me leaning more toward the pro light due to the time issue. Decisions, decisions!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you so much, Kassy, for your help. I am deciding between the LS or the pro light, but your last post has me leaning more toward the pro light due to the time issue. Decisions, decisions!

That's why I threw that in riley.. I don't want to recommend a product without telling you guys the good, and the not so good.. For me it's simple, because I'm a lady of leisure these days, but I know that's not the case for the majority of you younger busy gals.

So beth can tell you better about the usage time for PL.

I just really think in my heart though, that being aggressive in the beginning is the way to go with LS.

So now your back to eenie, meenie, miny, moe.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |