Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading all these posts and wouldn't even have considered a device until I read about it here. Which model would be the best for my concerns? First priority is broken caps and general pinkness in my skin so I'm thinking the rosacea one. But I also have oily, clogged pores, breakouts and would love to reduce my pore size. I'm in my early forties and am just starting to see the start of a vertical line between my eyebrows. So this is a dilemna now that they have multiple light devices. I can't afford to buy two right now so which would be the best?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
cuties wrote:
I've been reading all these posts and wouldn't even have considered a device until I read about it here. Which model would be the best for my concerns? First priority is broken caps and general pinkness in my skin so I'm thinking the rosacea one. But I also have oily, clogged pores, breakouts and would love to reduce my pore size. I'm in my early forties and am just starting to see the start of a vertical line between my eyebrows. So this is a dilemna now that they have multiple light devices. I can't afford to buy two right now so which would be the best?

The concerns you mention need much more than just using an LED in my opinion.

The most important thing is to build a really good foundation with the proper skin care and to figure out for sure what the *pinkness* is all about. Only then, would it be wise to add an LED to compliment your routine.

As for the broken caps, after many months of treatment, I saw an 80% improvement in the ones I had on my cheeks and chin. With that said I would also offer, that after about a month of facial cupping the majority came back. I decided the best thing for me was to stop the cupping. Since doing that, the LED has *helped* to fade them a little, but it will probably take a couple of months to eradicate them totally once again.

The real message I'd offer you is that LED's have been great in my experience, and I really do love it and would not be without it. But it's important to have a good handle on your skin care concerns first with a really good regime. Only then can you make the right choice of which LED will accomplish the majority of your concerns.

I would agree with you that the "Rosacea LightStim LED" would be a good place for you to start your research. From what I read about it on the LS site, it has a good assortment of wavelengths (including medical grade), and *should* cover a multitude of skin issues, possibly (Rosacea, Acne + Anti-Aging).....IN MY HUMBLE + HONEST OPINION)

I would also tell you it is not a Magic Wand that will instantly erase your problems, but with continued dedication you will more than likely achieve your goals.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
alley0808
5% products discount

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
hi, i am keen to purchase AA lightstim. however, the lightstim website does not deliver to hong kong. anyone in the forum knows how can i get hold of it? thanks!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
SadieNM wrote:
Thanks for the reply Kassy_A. I hope someone who uses Obagi responds, too. I went ahead and used Obagi Blender and Retin-A after I used the lightStim. I plan on using Obagi and retin-A, a few times a week to start. I'm using the LightStim for 3 min every area, every night. So far, my skin looks more radiant. Even DH commented on it, and said the light must be working. Very Happy
So we can use this light system with Obagi????No side effect???
Jane.D.Wards

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone. I'm a new member and this is my first time in the forum. It's past midnight but I'm so engrossed in reading all this great information that I can't go to bed yet. Kassy, I think you may have just given me the answer I was looking for. I'm interested in Lightstim but not sure which model to go for as the 2 main issues I have are tiny red veins on my cheeks and nose, plus sagging skin around the jawline and neck area. Am I right in thinking that the anti-aging model will also reduce the red veins?

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
for those who have used anti-aging light stim, would you recommend it for erasing lines under the eyes...within a period of few months i have noticed fine lines and they are just getting worse.
Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Jane; I have used both devices over the past 9 months, and had great results with the issues you mentioned.......Will it do likewise for you? Only time and committment will tell.

natalie; my devices have not 'erased' fine lines or bags under my eyes. But my upper and lower lids are very noticably firmer.

I'm sorry that some of the other LS owners who PM me constantly with their rave reviews choose not to chime in hear and help you. I'm sure it would also be helpful to you gals to hear from anyone who owns the light and is not having great results, although I haven't seen any complaints with LightStim devices so far.

Oh well, looks like you are stuck with my 2 cents for now, and that my friends is a 100% ::RAVE:: Review!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Okay I have been using the AALightstim for about 5 months now. Am very
pleased witht results so far. Have seen
the following results:
plumping of the cheeks
thicker skin on neck so neckbands diminished
skin tone is more even and pinker
diminished nasolabial lines
lightening of hyperpigmentation although that is not much of a problem
Have not seen:
eye wrinkles or crow's feet diminished

I would highly recommend the AALightstim but I'm
still looking for something to help witht he eye wrinkles under the eyes. that's my 2 cents!
DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm delighted with the Anti-Aging Lightstim too, I definitely get a "glow" from it, only had it about a month so far. I'm unsure whether I should be using it every night, as per their instructions?

I take some days off after dermarolling too, so I have quite a few gaps in-between.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Chris B.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Lightstim rosacea version specifically to treat their rosacea? If so how are the results?

Thanks. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Chris B. wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Lightstim rosacea version specifically to treat their rosacea? If so how are the results?

Thanks. Smile

Hi Chris, the LS rosacea light is very new on the scene, so even if somebody has it, I don't know if you'll see a review this quick..

The good news is, that if you decide to try it, there's a 10% discount through the end of December for EDS members, and you can try it for 90 days risk free.... Three months should be plenty of time to know whether or not you'll have a positive response from it..

Here's the EDS members code in case your interested;

octb8469 ... http://lightstim.com/rosacea-light.html

And here's another LightStim thread;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

Good luck with your search, and be sure to share your experiences with us!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Chris B. wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks. Smile

I think it would be your best bet. People have had amazing results with the Lightstim and I would imagine this light would be the same.

The website says it's "possibly the only LED light on the market today, developed specifically to address and help alleviate the symptoms of Rosacea." At the moment, that light is their most popular.

You can also send the light back in 90 days if you don't see results. I'd imagine if you miss the 90 day limit you'd be able to sell it easily on ebay to get your money back. These are very popular devices.
Chris B.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies everyone. It is much appreciated. I am going to give the Tanda a try first as I heard it delivers good results for rosacea and I can get it easier then the Lightstim. I will post the results.

Smile
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck! I hope you get the results you want. Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
SadieNM wrote:
Thanks for the reply Kassy_A. I hope someone who uses Obagi responds, too. I went ahead and used Obagi Blender and Retin-A after I used the lightStim. I plan on using Obagi and retin-A, a few times a week to start. I'm using the LightStim for 3 min every area, every night. So far, my skin looks more radiant. Even DH commented on it, and said the light must be working. Very Happy

is anyone using the lightstim and obagi system at the same time??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
New coupon code (10% off) for any LightStim product for EDS members only is now:

EDS83py4t

Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe how torn I am! Laughing All of these posts keep changing my mind back and forth. The AAL and the Baby Qausar both have great qualities. Has anyone used both? My husband is going to let me purchase one of the two packs this fall. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
I can't believe how torn I am! Laughing All of these posts keep changing my mind back and forth. The AAL and the Baby Qausar both have great qualities. Has anyone used both? My husband is going to let me purchase one of the two packs this fall. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have both, and prefer the AAL. This preference is not particularly based on anything concrete - except that the AAL has a larger head, has amber lights and the lights actually come in contact with the skin. The AAL also becomes quite warm during use, which feels very nice and soothing to the skin.

All I can tell you is that when I only owned the Baby Q I had to force myself to use it. Now that I have the AAL I look forward to doing the treatments so I am more consistent with using it. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Which one gave you better results? And if you don't mind me asking, why did you have to force yourself to use the Baby Q?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
Which one gave you better results? And if you don't mind me asking, why did you have to force yourself to use the Baby Q?

I think because the head of the Baby Q is quite small, the treatments took longer and it seemed much more of a chore. As I said in my earlier post, my preference isn't really based on anything concrete or scientific. They are both good quality and reliable devices. However, I find the AAL more pleasurable to use and, I suppose, because I have used it more regularly I would have to say that it has given me better results, that is, reduction of fine lines and less redness to the skin. Many members also believe that the amber lights are much better for anti-aging treatments.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know. This is going to be a big purchase for us and my husband wants me to be happy with what I buy the first time. Laughing I really need this after all that my body and skin have been through. I would much rather do this than have surgery. I love this forum and all of the great ideas here. Please keep posting.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Shylass,

I have been using the AALS for about 3 months now. I looked into several different devices and finally decided upon this unit because of the multiple wavelengths (red/infrared/amber). I had originally planned to purchase a 2-pack(anti-acne and anti-aging) but spoke to Steve at LightStim who told me that the AALS alone would probably give me the results I was looking for. I am 40 and my skin issues include oiliness and acne (acne is no longer an issue since using the AALS - totally amazing since I have been dealing with it since I hit puberty), fine lines underneath eyes, deeper "marionette" lines as well as lines on my forehead and between my eyebrows, uneven texture, and unwanted pinkness (non-rosacea). I don't know what your "skin issues" are, but maybe this would help save you a $ or two. Very Happy
lindylass
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm seeing continuous improvement since the last time I posted on my lower abdominal area. It's pulled in enough so that in no longer resembles a little ledge above my thighs. ( I lost 90 lbs 10 years ago)The skin is tighter. Didn't do anything for the stretch marks but there is dermarolling. I use the super cps every other day then apply a good oil ( jojoba, squalene, rosehip)I use the light stim on my lower abs, hips the underarm sides of my breast and upper arms and the improvement is notable.

I've been using the AALS on my face since 12/05/08 and it's helped improve my eczema. My face looks less drawn. The lines on my forehead are less deep including my number 11s. I couldn't use the cp serum (2nd generation) on my face, but fox recommended using the first generation, mildest formulation, and I just started using that a couple of weeks ago. It's not giving me the uglies, but I haven't seen further improvement on my face yet. I don't understand why I can use the super serum with such good results on my body, and I have to be so careful not to get the uglies on my face.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
I'm seeing continuous improvement since the last time I posted on my lower abdominal area. It's pulled in enough so that in no longer resembles a little ledge above my thighs. ( I lost 90 lbs 10 years ago)The skin is tighter. Didn't do anything for the stretch marks but there is dermarolling. I use the super cps every other day then apply a good oil ( jojoba, squalene, rosehip)I use the light stim on my lower abs, hips the underarm sides of my breast and upper arms and the improvement is notable.

I've been using the AALS on my face since 12/05/08 and it's helped improve my eczema. My face looks less drawn. The lines on my forehead are less deep including my number 11s. I couldn't use the cp serum (2nd generation) on my face, but fox recommended using the first generation, mildest formulation, and I just started using that a couple of weeks ago. It's not giving me the uglies, but I haven't seen further improvement on my face yet. I don't understand why I can use the super serum with such good results on my body, and I have to be so careful not to get the uglies on my face.

That's really great Lindy.

How I wish I'd bought the AALS instead of the STOP. Sigh...
happycat01
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello

I have been reading most of the posts about the lightstim and I decided I wanted one, since a lot of you guys have had wonderful results with it.
Now, I didnt know which one to order, as I have 2 main issues with my skin: a mild form of acne rosacea (which is worsening all the time, despite using prescription creams)and some brown spots and freckles from the sun.
So, I emailed Steve, asking for advice and he has come back asking how old I was (32).
The thing is that last night I have found an offer too good to miss for AALS from a seller here in UK, so I purchased it.
Now if Steve comes back saying that the Rosacea Lamp would have been a better choice - it will be too late.
All I can do is hope that the AALS will be able to help with the red spots as well as the brown spots. What do you think guys?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |