Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ginseng eyelash growth serum or Longcils Actif? Anyone try?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
the ginseng is sold on Ebay from a seller in Japan. It's supposed to be a hot item from Korea.

Longcils Actif ... the only growth serum I've seen in stores around here.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Okay just did a quick search and found the Ebay seller....I so want to just buy a tube to try it. Let me be the first to say when it comes to eyelashes, the asians (i.e. koreans, japanese) are all up on this Laughing because we naturally tend to have shorter sparse lashes. We dream of having long, lustrious lashes. Wonder if this product REALLY works.

I figure I can spare $25 to try it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ariesextreme - man, you move faster than me!

I haven't ordered yet - I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has tried this. I did read a few positive comments from the Ebay feedback.

And, yup, I have short, sparse Asian lashes and my HG is Shiseido mascara base. I notice that all Asians seem to like the base because it's the only thing that holds a curl for us.

so, yeah, seeing a product from Korea is interesting - but I'm also trying to obtain Jan Marini Intervention Eyelash.

p.s. I phoned a nearby spa (and I live 25 miles from the JM headquarters). The spa was told the backorder is 2-6 weeks.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I already have JM, but this may be a reall cheap alternative. I figure for $25 I can try it and alternate it. As if I haven't dropped more than that on other things which are now useless. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok ariesxtreme will be our Asian eye lash growth guinea pig .. I will be waiting for your results before investing in another serum. Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well gee thanks Laughing . My rational side just kicked in which usually it doesn't. I already have JM and also bought folligen to help with lash and brows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Dammit!!! Just bought it Laughing Okay I'll keep you girls posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
You have JM????

Ahhhh ... do tell! How long have you been using? How do you like it? Details, details!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've had it probably for 3 months now, but I stopped for a while and just got darn lazy. It does work though, but at almost $160/tube it's quite a few pennies ya know. I had the misfortune of putting on fake lashes for a function and told th b/f to go buy me eyelash glue. He comes back with the clear glue for individual lashes. I thought nothing of it, but later that night when I tried to pry off the lashes they weren't coming off. I basically ripped out half my lashes and skin on my lashline.

The work that the JM provided was completely wiped away so I'm starting with a new clean slate at the moment Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I basically ripped out half my lashes and skin on my lashline. Sad

ouch ... bad BF. Well, at least he bought it. I doubt my hubby would. He'd probably suggest duct tape or wood glue.

I'm going crazy trying to find JM. I ordered Skinmedica TNS and Skinceuticals from a ebay recommended on MUA but yesterday he increased his price for JM to $199. Kinda' sad because I noticed that the day before his price was listed $179 and I thought it was a mistake. I emailed him and he increased the price! I emailed again asking what the real price is, but he won't respond.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I found a few place that have it currently in stock.

http://jimmydean.stores.yahoo.net/janmaageiney.html

http://www.dermatologistrx.com/Cart/Category.asp?Choice=Jan_Marini&column=MFG

http://www.sanctuarydayspa.com/shop/page31.html

http://skin-one.com/ag1.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU!!!

I don't think I've gone so nuts over a product before. I'm always late to the HG products. Noticed that Ebayer was selling TWO JMs for $213 with Buy it Now - last week.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
THANK YOU!!!

I don't think I've gone so nuts over a product before. I'm always late to the HG products. Noticed that Ebayer was selling TWO JMs for $213 with Buy it Now - last week.

With ebay sellers just be cautious. There were a few on here that bought from ebay that had really bad reactions to it. So determining whether those were the real deal or not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh, thanks.

I always read the comments and note if any were mutually removed. Last year I bought a pair of killer Steve Madden sandals. Everyone was out.

The sandals came ... damaged and shoddy fakes (but same price as SM).
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Ariesextreme - And, yup, I have short, sparse Asian lashes and my HG is Shiseido mascara base. I notice that all Asians seem to like the base because it's the only thing that holds a curl for us.

I'm Asian and have annoyingly sparse, thin lashes too. I don't use Shiseido base (I've tried it and decided it made my lashes look too clumpy, no matter how little I used) and still have a curl that lasts and lasts until I remove my eye makeup at night (and sometimes the curl stays in until I wash my face--I "precleanse" with an oil, then wash). So for anyone who wants an alternative to the Shiseido Mascara Base:

1) Apply Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator. Do other stuff while you wait for it to thoroughly dry. Lashes should feel a bit stiffer than usual.
2) Fire up heated lash curler so that it's hot enough by the time you have to use it (I am really digging the Panasonic one that carekate recommends)
3) Curl lashes using traditional clamp-style curler (I like Shiseido since it fits my eye shape well) just to give them some lift and be in a better position for mascara. This step also means you can use the heated lash curler for a shorter amount of time.
4) Apply a thin coat of Maybelline Full & Soft mascara, waterproof version (or any waterproof mascara that has a thin, "wet" texture). Comb out any possible clumps (though this mascara usually doesn't get clumpy)
5) Use heated curler to "lock in" the curl. This is the step that gives your lashes more of a c-curve rather than that straight, bent-up look.
6) Apply more mascara if desired.

Ta-da! Result will be defined lashes that will stay curled until you remove your mascara.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen this girl in my class with lash extensions, though I didn't realise until she told me. I mean they looked so natural, each last was seperated and 1.5 inches long, she never wore mascara either. Perhaps that is the Plan B for those of us who have lashes that will never grow out.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey - thanks for the tips!

Before using the Shiseido base I used to do similar:

1. apply Shu Uemura lash repair or Talika Lipocils.
2. Curl - I like my Shu Uemura.
3. Apply any waterproof thickening mascara
4. Apply lengthening mascara at the ends.
5. use heated curler. I have two, one drugstore and one from Sephora. I'll look into the Panasonic one).
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I've seen this girl in my class with lash extensions, though I didn't realise until she told me. I mean they looked so natural, each last was seperated and 1.5 inches long, she never wore mascara either. Perhaps that is the Plan B for those of us who have lashes that will never grow out.

I did the lash extensions last year before all the hype and before they started to raise rates like crazy. It was fun at first and looked amazing when they first did it. They do look natural because they blue on each single lashes to your own lashes. But it was really hard to wash around the eye area or to remove makeup. When my own lashes started to grow out the bases started to come off and pretty much started to be a hassle. When I would get touch ups they would try to clean the area best they can before applying more glue but it seen tbuild up. After a few touch ups my skin at the lashline got severly irritated because of the glue, no air was getting to my skin to breathe. In the end I lost lashes because I kept tugging on the extensions that were getting lose. I wouldn't really do it again unless it was for just one day or an occassion, but for the price that won't happen.

I should get another traditional curler, which do you girls recommend for our eyes (asian that is of course Very Happy )

Also with the heat curlers. My first one was the Blinc one and I like that one, but also bought the Panasonic one. To me the Panasonic is WAY too hot. It takes AA battery while my Blinc one takes AAA battery. When I use the Panasonic curler, it takes/melts off ALL my mascara that I applied while the Blinc one didn't. Nijey are you experiencing this too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay - I'll be the first to admit this ... I really don't see a difference with curlers. The biggest difference for me are silicone pads.

Of course I've gone through dozens of Revlon. Have a Shu Uemura, Shiseido, Kevyn Aucoin and the small Japonesque (a pain in the butt).

Carekate (I think) recommends Tarte but I've never looked at it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
For the record, I've never heard of Ginseng being an active that would stimulate hair or lash growth before and I've looked into just about every lash serum on the market looking for ideas about what to put in mine and ginseng definitely never came up. I'll have to look into the benefits of ginseng but my gut reaction is telling me that it's not going to work miracles unless it contains some other goodies along with it in the formulation. You don't happen to have the list of ingredients for this stuff, do you?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Carekate...

This is the supposed active ingredients, if it doesn't work it doesn't work..it was $10. Like I said..I've spent more on crap items before why stop now Laughing

Active Ingredients: GINSENG Root Extract, Keratin, Wheat Protein, Vit B5, Vit E, Castor Bean Extract, Glutenin Extract, Lecithin Complex,Chamomile extract.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Active Ingredients: GINSENG Root Extract, Keratin, Wheat Protein, Vit B5, Vit E, Castor Bean Extract, Glutenin Extract, Lecithin Complex,Chamomile extract.
Excluding the glutenin, which is basically just a thickener, all of the other ingredients are perfectly legit in terms of nourishing/conditioning lashes to keep them healthy and strong.

I am curious as to why the creator decided to use castor bean EXTRACT rather than castor (bean) oil, which is an ages-old remedy/treatment for thin or illing lashes but it’s not going to give you the “WOW” results of JM. Castor oil is effective, it just takes longer for the results to show and would likely only give 1-2 mm length increase rather than the 5-10mm length increases seen with JM. Anyway, I’m curious to the castor extract vs. oil because I have never seen that before in any other lash serum I’ve looked at because they’ve all used the castor OIL. I need to check that out and find out what the difference is, if any.

As for the Ginseng, I’m still not convinced. It ain’t gonna hurt anything, but I truly don’t believe it’s gonna *do* anything either – but if anyone wants to dig deeper and research it more, I’ll be happy to stand corrected!

Bottom line: I don’t think this stuff is a complete waste of money, but you probably could have gotten the same benefits from a tube of Ardell.

I can’t remember if you (Aries) are using JM or not? If you are, once you’ve reached your optimum results with it and can cut back to only use it a couple times per week, this Ginseng serum would be something good to alternative with on the “off” nights. I could also be a good choice to wear under mascara as a lash “primer” because it would act like a leave-in conditioner for your hair....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Carekate,

I am actually using JM, stopped for like a month and just recently ripped out all my lashes and skin from a bad glue from putting on false lashes. So I'm at step 1 again with JM. I'll be using that nightly, but would like to use something in conjunction with that.

Thank you for the input.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I'll be using that nightly, but would like to use something in conjunction with that.

i've been using cold-pressed castor oil to put on my lashes in conjuction with the JM. it's a real nice combo and the castor oil is cheap!

BTW, good luck with your lashes. that is sooo swful that it happened. (boys and girly products just don't work!) JM will double-step the regrowth, though, so thank god you have it....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |