Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Really need some advice!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I warn now - this is a long post, but I am a bit desperate for help, so please bear with me.

Until 4 months ago I was using the following routine:
Cleansing: Aqua Glycolics Facial Cleanser (morning) / Eve Lom (evening)
Toning: just splash of cold water or a spritz of La Mer Mist
Serum, moisturing, eye, and scrub: La Mer

I was reasonably happy with the set up, but my skin was nothing to sing about, as I still experienced oiliness around the nose/chin during the day, but had dry/flaky skin on the side of my nose. Then I went home to Australia for Xmas and my skin went nutso in the humidity and heat.. My skin is bright red at any time it is hot (or if I exercise/exert myself), but it was red, spotty around the temples (not acne just little red pin-head spots) and just plain awful. I had forgotten my cleanser and was just using a Garnier foaming cleanser (the refining one) and just my La Mer serum and sometimes with the La Mer oil control lotion (which I had used in Tokyo for the summer).

When I went to have my brows waxed the woman commented on how bad my skin was looking and asked what I was using. She asked me if I had a problem with oiliness/dry patches (which surprized me that she knew straight off) and said it was because my skin was "delicate" - temperamental in temperature changes (well, I had suddenly learned that) and that my moisuturizer was not letting my skin "breathe" which was why I was having conflicting oily/dry problems in the same area. She also told me that I should never use products with AHAs or anything like that on my skin.

She put me on to Thalgo Delicate cleansing milk and delicate protection cream. Now usually I dont like milky cleansers and really hate to use creams, but I have to say that my skin improved over the last 4 months. No real problem with dryness/oiliness or any breakouts, even during homonal moments.

That is until this week - my skin just looks so tired, old, lined .. and .. YUK. To make matters worse, I changed eye creams a month ago and I was liking them till this week.. in addition to the horrid tone of my skin, I seem to have a LOT more fine lines around the inside corner of my eye AND my left eye has developed a Millia problem! The lines I know are a result of years of squinting and wearing glasses, but ugh, suddenly they just seem so pronounced. I know it could be anything.. even the fact that I have been a bit sleep deprived the last week or so.. it could be the new glasses I got a month ago or the new eye creams.. no idea, but I am ready to take action! I turned 38 a few weeks back and am really starting to be paranoid about any and all signs of ageing on my body. LOL

Anyway, my stocks are getting low and I need to put in an order before the hot summer months arrive (definately do not want product shipped to me during Japanese summer) and am now torn between what brands to get. I was simply going to try the full Thalgo range, but am drawn to the Valmont line and ahve now been hearing great things about Phytomer and Yonka

Would love some opinons and comments on the following:

CLEANSING: I am sticking with Eve Lom for use after a really long hot day in the smog or for make-up removal. Am wondering if anyone has a recommendation on cleansing from Thalgo, Phytomer or Valmont that is good for delecate skins, but that is not a milk/cream (does not have to be foaming), that I can use in the mornings or for a quick cleanse at night. Has anyone tried Valmont "Nature Cleansing with Gel"?

I have also been using the Eve Lom and Thalgo delecate cleasing milk for eye area cleansing.. I dont wear a lot of eye make up (just a regular mascara). Are both these OK for use cleansing the eye region? I was thinking of getting the Phytomer Face Dew Lotion - anyone tried this?

SERUM: TOTALLY torn between - Valmont Bio-Cellular (used before and loved it) or Thalgo Revivisent Serum Delicate Skin

MOISTURIZING: I am interested to hear about others experiences with alternative Thalgo products or the Phytomer extended Youth creams. or even some of the Valmont creams.

My big thing is that I hate heavy moisturizers (yet loved CDLM texture) and have to consider the fact that my skin does react badly in the hot months. I perspire TERRIBLY on the face, so really need something very light that disappears deep into the skin instantly.

EYES: I loved La Mer but it is a bit expensive to buy here in Japan.. my Suzanne Somers ones.. well I am just not sure about those now, so am definately changing. These 3 caught my eye:

Valmont Nature Taking Care of Lips and Eyes, Thalgo Eye Contour Cream, Phytomer Lift Contour Replenishing Formula

Anyone tried them? I need HELP with the fine vertical lines inner eye (lower lid) and the crows feet.

MASK: Again, I am torn between 3 that I have head raves about and would LOVE feedback: Valmont Renewing Pack, Thalgo O2 Marine Lustre Mask, Thalgo Delicate Skin Soothing Cream Mask

Also, if anyone has some good advice on how to deal with the very red skin during the hot months, PLEASE let me in on your secret!! (anyone tried Yonka Phyto 54?)

THANK YOU so much to anyone who bothers to read this and extra thanks to anyone with advice!

Cheers!
Mabsy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger_Tim!

Wow, that is one detailed post! Smile

First off, vitamin C serums help with tired looking skins, but given that you have senstive skin I'm not sure that it would be suitable for you.

I'll answer as many of your questions as I can, in the end your best bet is to talk to the ladies at EDS and see what they would suggest.

First of all, you simply can't go past Valmont Renewing Pack as a "pick me up" mask. It feels totally refreshing and really does make your skin look healthier and less tired. I know that there are many people on this forum that swear by it and I'm definitely with them on this one. Sticking with the Valmont theme, I am LOVING the Bio Cellular serum. I have actually seen a change in my skin since starting to use this. I used a sample of it and ended up buying the full size (just arrived yesterday Smile). I find that this makes skin look less dull. Did you find that too when you used it? Mind you, I haven't tried the Thalgo one....

I don't know what your budget is but, in terms of eyecream, Cellcosmet Eye Contour is excellent! I use it at night and use Murad Essential C Eye Cream with SPF15 during the day (SPF is important to reduce any further wrinkles). I'm 27 and I don't have many lines really so I can't really testify to Cellcosmet's ability to help with those. However there have been a few reviews of this product and people have mentioned that it's really good at helping reduce lines. It is a bit of an investment so perhaps you should ask for a sample when you place your order and try it out that way. Btw, Cellcosmet is moisturising but light, it should not give you millia.

In terms of cleansing, I don't have a rec for you from the brands that you mentioned. Though I am about to try the Valmont Fresh Falls cleanser in a few days so I can let you know hoe that goes if you like. I know you don't like cream cleansers but you might want to try Dr Haushka Cleansing Cream. It's not really a cream. I started using it yesterday and it seems like a very gentle and slightly exfoliating cleanser. Very nice!

Btw, I have used Eve Lom around the eye area with no problems. I don't like doing it though because I find mascara is almost impossible to completely wash out from the Eve Lom cloth. Phytomer Face Dew is very nice and it smells heavenly! It's a very nice toner and it can double as an eyemakeup remover. However if you were to use eye makeup remover regularily I'd probably invest in one that is not a multi-functional product. The Body Shop eye makeup remover is fabulous and cheap too!

In terms of moisturising, Valmont Regenetic and Phytomer Extended Youth Day cream are both nice. However, in a hot climate, I would not use them during the day. You say that you have sensitive skin. Have you considered Decleor Harmonie Essentiele cream? I bought this last week from EDS and I must say I can see why people are raving about it. It smells very natural (essential oils) and is soothing. Best of all this would be a great product for hot climates as it's a creme-gel. It's targeted for sensitive/reactive skins. It might help with the redness you are describing as well. If you are interested to read more about it then just do a search (upper left hand corner), you should find quite a few reviews on it.

I hope that helps a bit. Sorry if I mentioned too many products, my skin is not very sensitive so I tend to try lots and end up liking quite a few of them too Smile

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |