Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Where can I find some really good "hoop" earrings?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like the kind that are lightweight. And, I'm not sure how to explain this, but the kind of hoop that closes on the inside, so that the earring just looks like one continuous hoop, if that makes any sense. I can't find them anywhere, but I see some of my colleagues wearing them, and they have no idea where they got them. Confused
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you're talking about. What kind are you looking for? Gold, silver, something cheap?

Usually those accessories places at the mall will have them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want them to be too expensive, and they don't have to be real gold, just yellow-gold colored. Fake gold, in other words.

I've checked in Claire's and other such places, but they never seem to have the ones that I want. Crying or Very sad
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm..already checked out Claire's huh. Let me think here, maybe check out dept stores in the jewelry section of the store. If not, have you checked online anywhere?

Not sure if you have these around your area, but like discount stores. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Off Saks 5th Avenue, Filene's Basement.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Aha, I didn't even think to check Marshall's, which is really near me.

I just found a bunch online too, but the shipping costs...aack! If I don't find some today, I'll probably go that route, as a "treat" to myself next week! Cool

Thanks for the help!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Those are my fav too, and of course, the HARDEST to find... Mad I finally found mine at Mervyns, but now most of them are closed.. They were a great price too, and SS, to boot.. Check Target, since they owned Mervyn's, and also if you have a KOHL's,there's a good chance.. Both places should have a good price on SS ones..

They'll also last a lot longer without discoloration and falling apart, than the cheepies form Clairs anbd such...

If worse comes to worse, there's the mall, Penny's, Nordies, Sears, to name a few...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for those too...The perefect ones that I found were from Jasmine Sola in Boston. I don't know if it's a nationwide store. They were gold-colored but very soon discolored. I bought a replacement but would love to get some real gold ones or gold-plated ones in the same size. Aldo (the shoe store) has a bunch of silver-colored ones in different sizes. I found them on the thick side though.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
There is indeed a Kohl's near me, so I will definitely check it out. Thanks everyone! Cool
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
i got some on eBay. great prices and they tell you the weight, measurements, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm so jealous of you girls that can wear the big hoop earrings. I can't, somehow they hoops don't wear on my earlobe right and lay weird. So he fronts don't stay straight it veers to the side a tad and you slightly see the sides of the hoops..it just looks weird. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
My earrings tend to look weird, too. I don't wear them in my "first" holes, because the holes are so darn low on my earlobe, so I put them in my "second" holes. But they still look uneven. I need new earlobes!!! Laughing
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet -- I just bid on the perfect ones on eBay!! yay!!!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ebay! Good idea...

OK, maybe I can make you feel better ariesxtreme ...LOL

My earrings don't lay nice, IMO, on my right ear, because my Grandmother, bless her, was trying to help pierce them.. Back then there were't piercing booths all over the malls, we did it ourselves.. She took the potato, put it behind my ear and SHOVED a needle thru.. OMGosh, the pain!!!! I wouldn't let her touch the other one! The next day, my GF's mother came over to do the other one.. She gently rolled the needle thru the other ear, and redid the right ear.. Didn't even think to see if it was centered... Because if that, any hoop or dangly is alway going in an odd direction.. It's always bugged me, but I never did anything about it.. All my other holes tho, were done correctly...LOL

What I'm trying to say is, could be your holes aren't put in even... Or possibly, it totaly is your lobes.. I pierce ears and when I did an X's brothers, he approved the marks, but after I did them was very unhappy.. Until I showed him it was the way his lobes did this weird flippy thing, which caused the earrings to not look the same as when we just had a mark on them... Did that make sense...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki - are you serious??? there was a potato involved? rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
poofy....Yep...LOL It was put behind the ear lobe, so you didn't put the needle thru you head, I guess...LOL Most people just shoved the needle thru, in one fast motion...

Things have so improved, for so many things in life...LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
what site did you find them on?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Kiki, that is too funny about the potato! But now that I think of it, it seems like it would work. Hooray for home ear piercing!! Bad Grin

I found the ones I liked on eBay, from the seller "glamgems". Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Blecch...I bought some from Walmart last night, and they broke!! Mad
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Take them back and repeat after me.. I will buy NO hoop type earrings from Walmart or Claires type stores.. French wires are fine from there, hoops bad from there! LOL They not only break, but they discolor fast and look bad...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Not to mention that they were extremely hard to put on, and re-fasten! I hope the ones that are coming to me from eBay are better...Boooooo Walmart!! Mad
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I like the kind that are lightweight. And, I'm not sure how to explain this, but the kind of hoop that closes on the inside, so that the earring just looks like one continuous hoop, if that makes any sense. I can't find them anywhere, but I see some of my colleagues wearing them, and they have no idea where they got them. Confused
Those are my fave kind of hoops, too! I got my mom a pair for Mother's Day (found 'em at TJ Maxx) and I bought myself a pair of vermeil ones from Foleys dept store (now Macys). I've also seen them on QVC and HSN, as well. If you find any, let me know where 'cuz I'd love to get another pair....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, poo -- I ordered two pairs of earrings from eBay. One small pair, and one larger pair. The larger pair are too wobbly, and are too big around, but they are nice and thick. The small pair are juuuuuust the right diameter, but they are too thin! If only the small pair had the thickness of the large pair!

But, they are very easy to put on. They bend very well, and then they go right back into a perfect hoop shape once you get them into your ears. I'm thinking about looking at some more of that seller's stuff.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |