Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Halloween Costumes...what will you be???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I thought in the spirit of Halloween and saw a few were discussing costumes that this might be fun thread.

Is anyone dress up and if so as what. Pics are welcome!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to be a road. I will wear a black sack, draw two parallel vertical white lines down the front, paste tiny toy cars all over my body and wear a stop sign on my head. Halloween is going to be fun!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
As I've mentioned in another thread, this year I'm going for SCARY! Bad Grin I will be Reagan fom the Exorcist and I'm modeling my makeup after this image:

Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
As I've mentioned in another thread, this year I'm going for SCARY! Bad Grin I will be Reagan fom the Exorcist and I'm modeling my makeup after this image:

Shock You BRAT!!! Silenced You scared the Bejeezus outta me with that picture!!!

(I meant that in most loving of ways Laughing Good Grief...my heart is still pounding - this movie & The Shining still scare me to death to this day)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
My two favorite costumes of all time come from ex boyfriends...

One wore white tights, a tight white turtleneck, a white swim cap, and on the back of the turtleneck he painted a number and the words "Fallopian Swim Team"

The other fashioned a table out of cardboard that he wore around his middle and put a lampshade on his head. He then glued an ashtray, empty condom wrappers, and a knocked over empty beer bottle on the "table" and told everyone he was just "one night stand".

I don't know what this says about me and the kind of men I date... but they are exes, so maybe there's still hope Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Shock You BRAT!!! Silenced You scared the Bejeezus outta me with that picture!!!

(I meant that in most loving of ways Laughing Good Grief...my heart is still pounding - this movie & The Shining still scare me to death to this day)

rofl Candy! That's the whole point! Bad Grin

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money to pay for contacts. Unfortunately the closest I can find to this in a trust-worthy brand are these:

But they are going to cost around $100 with the eye exam. I do need an eye exam though. I had lasik 5 years ago and never went back. What does everyone think? Is it worth it? Remember, my eyes are brown so they don't really go with the costume on their own. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to costumes, so I'm having a hard time holding back! Rolling Eyes
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! I found a girl actually wearing these and the look better than I thought they would. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this link! Laughing

http://webpages.charter.net/msv/missiesue11.jpg
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl- I say GO FOR IT!! What a cool costume.

I think Im going to be a vintage french maid and yes, I do realize that its totally cliche and typically the slutty girl who tries to hook up with your BF that wears this costume but*deep breath*, I have never gotten to wear something fun and sexy like this so this is my year! Plus like I said it will be "vintage" so less tramp more pin-up girl. Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
TAMgirl- I say GO FOR IT!! What a cool costume.

I think Im going to be a vintage french maid and yes, I do realize that its totally cliche and typically the slutty girl who tries to hook up with your BF that wears this costume but*deep breath*, I have never gotten to wear something fun and sexy like this so this is my year! Plus like I said it will be "vintage" so less tramp more pin-up girl. Very Happy

Shock We think so much alike sometimes it's scary! I seriously looked at being a pin-up girl myself this year. I couldn't find any outfits though that would really make the costume stand out, other than ones that bared way too much skin for me to be showing this time of year. Laughing I love that look and really wanted to try the hair-do more than anything. We'll all have to take pics of our costumes to post!

I think I'll go have the eye appointment and see the contacts myself before I really decide. Dressing up in costume is just about one of my favorite things to do. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
the BEST costume I've seen in awhile was two years ago. A friend wore all black, black gloves and shoes, a black hat, painted his face black and wore black sunglasses...put on an ipod and was one of those people from the ipod apple commercials.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Found the pic! I just need to get a wig....

Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Oh! I found a girl actually wearing these and the look better than I thought they would. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this link! Laughing

http://webpages.charter.net/msv/missiesue11.jpg

Not quoting that damn pic again, geeze...I'm gonna have nightmares tonight and it's all YOUR fault!!

I'm going to be a Countess Vampire for halloween, I haven't been anything other than a police officer for halloween in 12 yrs!! Laughing

Heres my costume & I'm getting those contacts too!! The red ones though..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella/Candy - Both of your costumes are awesome! You HAVE to take pics!

Okay my favorite costume of all time was actually a couples costume (which I normally hate but I thought theirs was hilarious). The guy was dressed up in a full cow costume with 6 utters on the front. The girl was very simply dressed in a "Got milk?" t-shirt and painted a white milk moustache above her lip. I thought it was soooo funny, although definitely not for church festivals! Laughing
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dressing up as Madonna in the 80's my era!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I'm going to be a road. I will wear a black sack, draw two parallel vertical white lines down the front, paste tiny toy cars all over my body and wear a stop sign on my head. Halloween is going to be fun!

I think this is an adorable idea - make sure to post pics!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella and Candy, you're both going to look awesome! Dollbird, that is such a hillarious idea. And tamgirl, oh my god... Not too often will I pretty girl try to look very ugly and scary on halloween. I haven't really thought about what I may be, since I'm probably going to be in an ER Rolling Eyes and since it's my first on duty halloween, I'm not so sure if anybody dresses up... but i doubt it Confused
and most importantly ladies, please post pictures! (so I can vicariously live through you... Laughing )
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
GEEZUS tam -- you made me forget what i was gonna post !!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
And tamgirl, oh my god... Not too often will I pretty girl try to look very ugly and scary on halloween.

Laughing I guess I'm a bit tired of doing the cutesy thing. The last three years I was a sexy cop, then a saloon girl and finally a cat burglar. The cat burglar was funny because I carried around a burlap sack stuffed with kitties (stuffed animals of course) with paws/tails coming out. I even had a thing inside that made sounds like a cat crying and shook. I also had a tool belt with all sorts of cat toys/catnip on it and I tore my fish nets and put bloody cat scratches all over me. I'll try to send pics if I remember.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, so I don't have anyone to "impress" anymore by being all sexy. And besides, my bf LOVES to scare his roommates and me, so he's more excited about my costume this year than the other ones. Laughing I guess I've been around him too long and he's made me want to scare people too. I just love the idea of nobody at the party being able to recognize me behind the costume. I want everyone to be asking "who is that in the scary Reagan costume"? Bad Grin

Oh and rofl Katee!!!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just so you know Tam, everytime I come to this thread I have to zip past the beginning...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
looks like you're all gonna be some really hot and scary babes Laughing love it! Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

That pic scared the crap out of me. Now I have that image stuck in my head. Are you going to a party or handing out candies like that? I feel sorry for those poor kids if you're handing out candies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
dollbird wrote:

I think this is an adorable idea - make sure to post pics!!

It was a toss between this and the ghost from The Ring...i could pull off The Ring girl pretty good with my long black hair...but a Road....seems so stupid. I like stupid. Laughing Candy, you take pics of that hot costume of yours too!! Drool Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |