Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review - Jo Malone Facial Finishers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
This is my first review, I have not seen any others on the Jo Malone makeup so I thought I would write one. I'm 33, sensitive skin with uneven skintone and large pores. I ordered all the facial finishers from the UK JM site about three months ago. The shipping was crazy expensive (int'l FedEx, charged in GBP, ouch ouch OUCH) and it was also slow. But my products finally arrived and I have been enjoying them for the most part, here goes:

Finishing Fluid - This is a very light liquid foundation, I would not call it a TM, no moisturizing qualities. It only comes in one color. It is great at evening out my skin tone, I have sun damage that it evens out very nicely. It is practically transparent though so it is no good for very blotchy or otherwise bad skin days. Even on good skin days I still have to use my CDP concealer on circles and a few dark spots. This is good for a very natural, evened-out look, I have gotten compliments on my skin whilst wearing this and the powder.

Finishing Powder - Very fine textured loose powder with a bit of shimmer to it. Not quite as fine as CDP but close to it. This powder does give the 'soft-focus' effect, helps minimize the look of pores. If you already have CDP I would not order this one, unless of course you are looking for one with a little 'glow' to it. This is very high quality, but other powders are equally nice.

Finishing Blush - This is a solid blush stick, looks like a little tiny deo. It is dark clear raspberry color in the stick, but goes on a very nice, natural pink. This is what I think Benetint is supposed to be like. I like this a lot and do not normally like cream-type blush. I put it just on the apples of my cheeks, very pretty 'flushed' color.

Mascara - This is good mascara for lengthening and defining, not for thickening. It also does not help your lashes hold a curl, mine are stick straight again at the end of the day. It's still one of the nicer mascaras I have tried, but I'm not sure it is worth the bother of ordering from the UK.

Lip Gloss - The lip gloss is a double ended wand gloss, clear on one end and opalescent with glitter on the other end. And I do mean with glitter, there are big chunks of glitter in there. I don't particularly care for the opalescent side, besides the big chunks of glitter, it doesn't smell nice. The clear side is a plain clear gloss, no fragrance, not sticky or thick, wears pretty well. It's not bad but there are other good clear glosses out there.

So, to sum it up, all the JM facial finishers are of very high quality, but the powder, mascara, and lip gloss are not particularly unique. If you have fairly clear skin, this line is good for a natural look.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |