Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

colostrum cream from epicuren
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

it has been a while since i have been able to write and i miss this forum indeed (i am noa in paris for the year)! who here knows anything about colostrum's benefit to skin? I have been using some epicuren products that were given to me lately (six-step system, colostrum cream, rose otto, hydro-derm) and i really like them, but the colostrum cream really wows me. it makes my skin look really plump and bright, although if i am going out of the hosue then i brush on alight dusting of translucent powder. Any info would be appreciated.

avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard of the line before, but dont know much about it, sorry.. just took a squiz at their website and it certainly looks interesting enough - they sell through a whole stack of spas nationwide.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
A sales associate at Sephora tried to sell me the DDF RMX Intensive program, but because of its expense, I didn't bite. Later, when I read the brochure, I noticed that the key ingredient was colostrum, which I hadn't heard mentioned since I breastfed my babies. Shock I researched it extensively to discover that it gets raves for skincare, especially if the colostrum is from New Zealand bovine. In my search I also found bovine colostrum may be taken internally, and I have been taking it ever since. Although I haven't noticed any difference in my skin, it seems as if there is a correlation to an increase in my metabolism when I take it. At the very least, I just feel better when I remember to take that big horse pill every day.
I would like to find products with bovine colostrum that can be applied to the skin. What type of skin do you have, and what are you noticing? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Environ also makes a Colostrum serum. I wonder the benefits of this stuff myself!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has tried Epicuren's Colostrum Serum please share your results. I am very interested in this serum, but want to hear from other members first how they like it.

Thanks!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was able to get my hands on a sample of this stuff. I must say it smells great like oranges, but I did not notice any difference from it. For those who have used it, are you supposed to see a difference right away or does it take awhile?
sarthebears

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Epicuren's Colostrum Cream in the past, and it was honestly one of the best products I have ever put on my face.

I first started using it as a moisturizer at 19, and my skin just came alive. I was literally glowing, and I noticed that I rarely got blemishes.

It's expensive stuff, but the first bottle lasted me forever . . . a little goes a long way. After it ran out, I couldn't really afford more, so I made do without it.

2 years later my sister opened a spa that used Epicuren products, so I was able to get the colostrum cream at wholesale prices. I soon noticed a drastic improvement in my skin again and realized that this stuff is the real deal.

When she sold the spa I could no longer afford it, and my skin dearly misses its colostrum cream!

Although the cream goes on very light, it was super-hydrating in dry conditions but never clogged my pores. In humid summer months, it also controlled oiliness.

The best part was that it gave my skin an "inner glow" that seemed to emanate from within.

I've been searching the web to find an economical alternative to the Epicuren product.

Any suggestions?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
sarthebears wrote:
I have used Epicuren's Colostrum Cream in the past, and it was honestly one of the best products I have ever put on my face.

I first started using it as a moisturizer at 19, and my skin just came alive. I was literally glowing, and I noticed that I rarely got blemishes.

It's expensive stuff, but the first bottle lasted me forever . . . a little goes a long way. After it ran out, I couldn't really afford more, so I made do without it.

2 years later my sister opened a spa that used Epicuren products, so I was able to get the colostrum cream at wholesale prices. I soon noticed a drastic improvement in my skin again and realized that this stuff is the real deal.

When she sold the spa I could no longer afford it, and my skin dearly misses its colostrum cream!

Although the cream goes on very light, it was super-hydrating in dry conditions but never clogged my pores. In humid summer months, it also controlled oiliness.

The best part was that it gave my skin an "inner glow" that seemed to emanate from within.

I've been searching the web to find an economical alternative to the Epicuren product.

Any suggestions?

How about this-

http://www.purebodysolutions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=PC/PROD/Acne/504-3580
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds very intriguing, but true to my DIY form, I'm thinking of adding this to some SKB and rosehip seed oil and calling it a day:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Colostrum-100-Pure-Powder-3-oz-85-g-Ice/1140?at=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I know other members on here love epicuren's colostrum serum, but I didn't notice it doing anything for my skin Sad. I really wanted to like it.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

How about this-

http://www.purebodysolutions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=PC/PROD/Acne/504-3580

I have been using this for a couple of months and I am very happy with it. The only problem is that it smells kinda bad. However, the smell dissipates after a couple of minutes.

My skin has been looking a lot better and I am 51. I didn't expect to see much improvement, but I do. It helps with wrinkles, and also with redness and blotchiness. You can purchase samples from the purebodysolutions website.[quote]
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - You may want to check garden of Wisdom website as I bought colostrum powder from
her (at a reasonable Price) and added it to my
creams. I think it helped the plumping a little but all creams need to be swtched occasionally to be effective. Hope it works for you! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi everyone - You may want to check garden of Wisdom website as I bought colostrum powder from
creams. I think it helped the plumping a little but all creams need to be swtched occasionally to be effective. Hope it works for you! DiPhx

That is a great idea. Thank you for sharing.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Pretty pricey and read some of the products on shelf/internet are old, have always wondered why colostrum isn't more widely discussed.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how they collect it?

Is it human or animal colostrum?

What would be in colostrum that would benefit skin?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
I wonder how they collect it?

Is it human or animal colostrum?

What would be in colostrum that would benefit skin?

It is bovine, from cows. I believe the benefits are posted on the concise guide to dermarolling thread?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:

I am not finding it on GOW's site right now? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]

I am not finding it on GOW's site right now? Confused[/quote]

What interests me is the question of how someone discovered that colostrum was good for skin?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

I am not finding it on GOW's site right now? Confused[/quote]

What interests me is the question of how someone discovered that colostrum was good for skin?[/quote]

I am not 100% sure I know Dr. S who wrote that book recommends it while rolling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Before antibiotics became available, colostrum was used on burns etc. In folk medicine there is a long history of use for burns, festering wounds, inflammation of the navel of infants, et cetera.
A lot of skin care is based on the assumption that a wrinkle is similar to a wound.
Some people assume that Cleopatra's famous milk bath was in fact a colostrum bath, but I have not been able to find any archeological support for that story.

If you look on PubMed you can find several articles, research has been done on colostrum as a wound healer and as a cure for several intestinal diseases and ailments.

There is an interesting connection with stem cells by the way. Colostrum is used as a culture medium for stem cells. They seem to thrive on it.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther, that is indeed fascinating.

I wonder if human colostrum would be more effective?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote

Not sure, but not volunteering Laughing Shock

sorry, couldn't help myself, BFG
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Did wonders for sore nipples, though. But age is more than just a number, my production days are over.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Not sure, but not volunteering Laughing Shock

sorry, couldn't help myself, BFG

LMAO BFG!!! I think a lot of us are past volunteering! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:38 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
What interests me is the question of how someone discovered that colostrum was good for skin?

What interests me more (not that I really want to think about it) is how someone discovered that semen is good for the skin!!

When I had my babies, I read up on the whole colostrum thing - it's the colostrum which comes in first, before the breast milk starts flowing, which is supposed to provide the baby with all kinds of nutrients and anti-bodies. It's a clear, gel-like fluid.

I'm now taking a colostrum milk powder supplement and I've ordered the Environ Colostrum Gel to use after dermarolling. Heaven knows if it will be any good, but at least it's more attractive than the alternative I mentioned above!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |